CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

+23
freckledmom4
Curlock Holmes
Gado-Gado Gal
laleepop14
kurlegurl
Janet36603
Natural-In_Me
shortncurly
Naturally Esq
MrsSunshinz
jadore04
urbrightside
natural83
PrettyBrownEyes718
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
NaturallySweet09
WalkingInDestiny
new2curl
kim
DvaAuNaturel
Stacye
LivinandLovin
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

Post by LivinandLovin 30th March 2010, 6:08 pm

I'm almost out of my current leave-in (and conditioner for that matter) so I'm gonna head to the store over the next few days, and I think I want to try Giovanni Direct Leave-in, and Smooth as Silk conditioner (I already use the shampoo).
With the leave-in, is it something you would only use on wet hair, or is it light enough to use daily? Also, with the conditioner, I've heard of people using it as a DC. Do you mix it with anything to DC? And does the protein mean that you cannot use it that often?

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty Re: Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

Post by Stacye 30th March 2010, 10:35 pm

I really like the giovanni leave in. I never tried it on dry hair, but I assume it would still give the same effects: soft, well moisturized hair. I used it a couple of days ago as my only conditioner (no DC) and my hair is so soft today. I was impressed!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty Re: Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 11:42 pm

It's funny you ask about the Giovanni products for daily use. I just purchased the Smooth as Silk and use it to condition after I co-wash. I absolutely love the way it makes my hair feel and started to think that I could use it as a daily leave-in. Right now, I'm using Oyin Honey Hemp but just in case I run low and can't get more quickly I think Giovanni could be a great replacement/back-up.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 24th April 2010, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 5th April 2010, 3:36 am

I used the leave in on dry hair to do two strand twists and it gave great hold and made my hair really soft. It's one of my staple products. I use it on wet hair mostly. It' so thick and good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 5th April 2010, 10:25 am

Thanks for all of the product reviews I will make sure that I add that to my list of products to pick-up.
new2curl
new2curl

http://web.me.com/new2curl/Site

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 12th April 2010, 12:45 am

I use the Giovanni leave in too...Along with the Silky Smooth shampoo and conditioner...They are must haves in my home..hope this helps... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallySweet09 12th April 2010, 5:11 pm

The Smooth As Silk Conditioner is AWESOME as a leave in if anyone is wondering! I always get soft and defined hair when I use it along with a sealant such as shea butter! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I LOVE it!
NaturallySweet09
NaturallySweet09

http://twitter.com/miss_trice86

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th April 2010, 5:34 pm

direct leave in is my baby! I love it on damp hair. Haven't tried it on dry hair though. I used the Smooth as Silk as a DC, didn't add anything to it and it worked pretty well.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 12th April 2010, 6:06 pm

I co-washed this morning with the Smooth As Silk and used the Leave In on really wet hair and I am loving the results. My wash n' go dried so fluffy and soft and my curls are so defined. I'm going to stick to this combo for a while.

I had almost given up on the Leave In because it never seemed to absorb into my hair. Using it on wet hair works so much better for me.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyBrownEyes718 22nd April 2010, 2:04 pm

NaturallySweet09 wrote:The Smooth As Silk Conditioner is AWESOME as a leave in if anyone is wondering! I always get soft and defined hair when I use it along with a sealant such as shea butter! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I LOVE it!

Cool I use the smooth as silk conditioner as a leave in too! I put some in my spray bottle mixed with water, rosewater, glycerin, and aloe vera gel. And seal with castor oil and jojoba oil and my hair comes out so soft and moisturized. I also deep condition with it. I don't add anything to it because I believe its a full out deep conditioner on its own. It's great.

I used to use the leave in conditioner. It is pretty good. My only problem with it is that I feel it makes the hair a little dull looking. It doesn't add any shine to the hair and my hair is already dull as it is.. so I stopped using it. But they are great buys.
PrettyBrownEyes718
PrettyBrownEyes718

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd April 2010, 8:17 pm

So happy to read all the great reviews on both of these products! Just purchased the Giovanni Direct Leave-In along with the Smooth as Silk Conditioner from ULTA today and Im going to try it out tonight! I plan to use the Smooth as Silk for a deep treatment and will use the Leave-In as my leave-in. It was time for me to try a new combo, so we'll see how it turns out tomorrow I guess! Im excited though! LOL!

P.S. By the way, ULTA has their Giovanni products on sale; Buy one get the other one 50% off! That's how I ended up getting two, because my original plan was to just get the Leave-In! So I guess it was meant for me to try both! YAYYYY!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinandLovin 9th May 2010, 5:49 pm

I finally tried the Smooth as Silk conditioner today, and the direct leave-in, and oh boy were they amazing! The smooth as silk is the best conditioner I've ever used. I used it as a deep conditioner, but I think I may have to try it as a co-wash too, because it gave so much slip. It was soo moisturizing and my hair is so soft. The direct leave-in was really moisturizing too, and smelled really nice, but it was a little oily on my hands.

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbrightside 24th June 2010, 5:55 pm

i just brought the smooth as silk conditioner and the shampoo yesterday and i used it this morning. i used the shampoo like i normally would, and my hair felt really slick, and then i placed the conditioner on and i liked it's texture, it was very creamy and i loved it on my hair. I also placed a small bit on honey in my hair and left it sit for about 30 mins. washed it out, and my hair was soft and still curly. sooo i think its okay for right now, when i do my hair next week, i think i'll just co-wash with it and see whats what.
urbrightside
urbrightside

http://twitter.com/urbrightside

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 24th June 2010, 11:19 pm

Im definitely sold on the Giovanni products! I purchased the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, along with the Direct-Leave In a couple of months ago, and I can definitely say that these products do wonders for my hair! Im just about out and need to re-up asap! LOL! But yes...Giovanni products are great!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 25th June 2010, 1:30 am

yes! i feel like the products are made directly for us natural sisters!! i haven't heard anything bad about giovanni from anyone!!

I use the direct leave in on both wet and dry hair and my hair soaks in it and just loves it!! my hair looks a lot better once i learned that i can use it on my dry hair! def. a win all around!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 25th June 2010, 1:41 am

@jadore04 Your avatar is gorgeous! Loving that hair girl...you betta work! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 25th June 2010, 1:54 am

I too love both products!!! Does anyone know where they sell these in the very large containers? I don't ever want to be w/o them
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th June 2010, 9:10 am

Some people on this website said that they bought the large pump containers at TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. I have not seen them at my local TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls. They are also available online at:
www.massagewarehouse.com

I use and love SAS Deep Moisture Shampoo. I love Direct Leave In, but I alternate with SAS Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion, I deep condition with SAS Deep Moistue and alternate with Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. I love how it leaves my hair soft, shiny and strong. I sound like a commercial?

Has anyone tried their styling foam or gel?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty I love my Gio!!!

Post by shortncurly 4th July 2010, 2:41 am

I have read many reviews about Giovanni products and finally months ago decided to give them a try. I opted first for the Golden Wheat Shampoo, which is a great clarifier and brought out the curls, transformed my hair. The only problem is it was a bit drying for my hair. So I alternate it weekly and use it with oil when I -poo. (I'm trying to ween myself away from pooing with -poo)

I tried to like the Direct Leav-in but we just couldn't come to an agreement. It goes on fine with wet hair, takes maybe 2 minutes longer to absorb into my hair, but after my hair is dry, it feels hard. I'm not really concerned about hold, because my hair doesn't move much anyway. My curls stick straight up and out, so they move to their own accord.

Now that SAS, I love that! It makes my hair soft! wet and dry. I use that as -poo, conditioner with oil and as a leave-in with H2O. I just started mixing a little of the conditioner with water in my spray bottle and applying it to my hair, because I'm running out of oil. I spritzed it on my hair and two strand twisted and the next morning soft twists and hair. Took the twists out and soft defined curls!! Love my Gio!!!!
shortncurly
shortncurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th July 2010, 12:11 pm

This weekend, after using SAS to poo, SAS and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion as leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and sealed with castor oil: OMG I have my first second day hair and it looks like it will last even longer !!!

Love Gio!
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty What is SAS?

Post by Natural-In_Me 4th July 2010, 11:55 pm

Sorry ladies to sound so not in touch but what is SAS?
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Direct Leave-in/Smooth as Silk Conditioner Empty What is SAS?

Post by Natural-In_Me 4th July 2010, 11:57 pm

Sorry ladies to sound so not in touch but what is SAS?
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th July 2010, 12:09 am

SAS = Smooth As Silk, referring to Giovanni's Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural-In_Me 5th July 2010, 5:42 pm

@jlowman1 Thanks for the explanation of the abbreviation.
Natural-In_Me
Natural-In_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 5th July 2010, 11:41 pm

I just bought the Direct Leave in today and plan to use it after my wash and go tomorrow (if my 4 day old twa twist n curl doesn't turn out to look better than I think it will tomorrow lol). I also will use it to make the modified kimmaytube leave in once my castor oil gets delivered by amazon.

By the way I had a funny experience while looking for this today. Read the story here:
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/using-afro-sheen-for-tanning-t5064.htm
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next