CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carol's Daughter Products??

+32
browncurlygirl
Shauny
habesh77
Karyn
jlowman1
Davinewellness09
RayMingy
1rasheda
naturalhonney
Offandrunning
MsKendrala
CurlsGalore
HADARAH
lexi1
ydr
jamaicacurl
Rock'n Natural Curls
ChrsLvsBks
svrbrownsuga
brwnbarbie24
lena73
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteé
trpd123
HAMPTONSFNST
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
Erica5417
RoseNaturalBeauty
dajewel
natural_nance
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Products??

Post by Shauny 11th March 2010, 5:51 pm

I have a small community of Carol's Daughter products and they're 50/50 for me.

Black Vanilla Collection (poo, smoothie, leave in) - the shampoo cleanses but leaves your hair feeling dry. I don't know if the smoothie really DC's my hair (that's what I use it for) but I love the leave in and would purchase again.

Hair Milk -hated it! It does nothing. I see some people say they use it on wet hair. I've only used it on my dry hair so I'll try wet but as of today I wouldn't buy it again

Amen Oil - I used this as a teatment while transitioning. Hubby HATES the smell. It stimulated my scalp and seemed to stop my itching BUT I don't know if I'd buy it again (still have a lot left)

Hair Butter - I will purchase again. I use it as part of my moisterize/seal regimen. I was using Cantu Shea leave in but when I switched to HB I had less frizzy ends and my hair looked more moisterized.

Loc Butter - I have a big jar, not sure I'd purchase again BUT it does define my twist and did wonder for my bantu knots when I was transitioning.

Mimosa Hair Honey - Will purchase again. I brought this for my daugthers hair and it leaves it SO shiney and slicks her ends down great. I use Aussie Hair Insurance, Hair Butter, and Mimosa Hair Honey and it takes me 1/2 the time to do her hair. If you knew how hard it use to be to comb her hair...whew!
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th March 2010, 5:53 pm

I hated the hair milk too! It was just nasty and too greasy. And I hate the smell
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by browncurlygirl 13th March 2010, 1:42 am

I was actually a Trainer for Carol's Daughter (Lisa Price trained me) and I know that the product line has changed. The line was specifically designed to be an all natural and healthy alternative to the hair and skin care products that are marketed to people of color.
For Carol's Daughter, their greatest gift is their greatest curse. The fact that the line had grown by leaps and bounds in such a short period of time is amazing but the company had not been able to keep up with the demand for product. CD then decided to employ executives from Loreal and they (in an effort to increase profit and manage business better) decided to change product formulations to incorporate mass consumer appeal (thickening product) and maintain longer shelf life (adding preservatives). Anyone who has been a longtime loyal Carol's Daughter user should have noticed a difference in the products over the last year or so. They also have scaled back on the use of some of the richer and healther ingredients, all in the name of business. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some of my favorite products are the smoothie, healthy hair butter and Lisa's hair elixer. The tui shampoo is also very rich and the leave-in conditioners are great for natural curlies, however the leave-in can mislead you because it is not a "conditioning" leave-in, it is not an oil based product but made with a base of vodka.

My absolute favorite Carol's Daughter product is the Browning Oil! I won't leave home without it (unless the formula changes). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In the end, I only use select products that I know work from the line. I will continue to support the line where I can, because I support Lisa's vision, however as the company has grown, it is no longer her vision only (can we say investors).

I hope that I provided some helpful information to you ladies, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
browncurlygirl
browncurlygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 13th March 2010, 10:40 pm

browncurly..excellent info!! now i know and understand cuz its all politics!! i got the milk about 3 yrs ago when i see it in sephora, my hair was permed though so it was greasy!! i think i od'd last summer off her sugar scrubs n souflee's!! LOVE her scrubs but i found somebody locally who makes scrubs that leave my skin more soft n moisturized. i use the souflee on my son now! the browning oil i definitely concur, it left my skin sunkissed last summer. waiting to show more skin so i can break it back out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thanx for that info and make sure u keep up with us in the dc meet up forum!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 13th March 2010, 11:10 pm

Sunkissed skin? I'm in! *blames Nubienatty and browncurly for tempting me to buy another product.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 1:46 am

LOL@ Erica!! Good info Browncurly!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 14th March 2010, 2:11 am

Browncurly you are 100% correct and I feel the same way. I remember years ago when I would purchase products from the little shop in fort green and it was so natural and fresh and I loved it! Now everthing for the most part is changed so I use different lines. I am happy for her growth though I wont be purchasing any of the hair items! I just picked up the groove body scrubs the other day at TJ maxx so im happy with my deal and the smell!!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by browncurlygirl 14th March 2010, 7:01 pm

@NubieNatty I will definitely follow the DC meet-up forum. I see you are in PG, so am I, YEAH Prince George's County! The browning oil is wonderful, it is great at providing moisture and hyrdation for even sun kissed toasty colored skin!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Erica 5417 I don't want to encourage you being a product junky, but I am sure that you will really enjoy the product. After you try
it, let me know your thoughts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Sweetdrk1 Happy to be of assistance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@Talisa3636 The bodyline smells are delectable! The Groove line has fragrance notes of red currant, tahitian vanilla, cocoa and musk. My favorite is Ecstacy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just as an FYI, I thought I would share the meaning of the hair line names:
"Tui" is chinese and it means "joyous lake."
"Khoret Amen" is Egyptian and it means "everything that was, is and will be stems from God."
(These definitions came directly from Carol's Daughter and I never bothered to research them myself).

Have a Super Sunday Ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
browncurlygirl
browncurlygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 15th March 2010, 8:28 am

browncurlygirl wrote:The tui shampoo is also very rich and the leave-in conditioners are great for natural curlies, however the leave-in can mislead you because it is not a "conditioning" leave-in, it is not an oil based product but made with a base of vodka.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] No wonder when I used it, it had my hair looking like a dry, hot-mess, poodle-like, puff ball [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyBrownEyes718 22nd April 2010, 2:21 pm

I've only used the Hair Milk and the Mimosa Honey (I hope I'm saying it right). The hair milk is okay. It's great for when I moisturize first with my homemade spritz, but alone.. not so great. It just seems to sit on the hair when used alone. The Mimosa Honey on the other hand it beautiful. Honestly, I don't feel it does anything extravagant to the hair other than offer such beautiful shine and scent! But in terms of the health of the hair it does nothing... but the shine! woot!
PrettyBrownEyes718
PrettyBrownEyes718

Back to top Go down

Post by GOALdigger 23rd April 2010, 4:21 pm

I just like the smell of the product to be honest.I don't feel they do anything special. I switched to CD for the loc butter for my twist and in the beginning it really worked now I really can't tell a difference.

Now that blackberry vanilla leave in conditioner SMELL SO GOOD. I use as body spray. don't tell anyone. lol

and her perfume pearls is on my wish list as well.

GOALdigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3