CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carol's Daughter Products??

+32
browncurlygirl
Shauny
habesh77
Karyn
jlowman1
Davinewellness09
RayMingy
1rasheda
naturalhonney
Offandrunning
MsKendrala
CurlsGalore
HADARAH
lexi1
ydr
jamaicacurl
Rock'n Natural Curls
ChrsLvsBks
svrbrownsuga
brwnbarbie24
lena73
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteé
trpd123
HAMPTONSFNST
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
Erica5417
RoseNaturalBeauty
dajewel
natural_nance
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Products??

Post by tiashaunteé 7th December 2009, 2:43 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:@hamptonsfnst, it was so long ago (like 2005). I was still learning and no one around me had natural hair. So file 13 they went.....
I did like the Tui Oil, for scent only. Walmart has sister brand (made by CD) that is more affordable, I am hoping they have something similar to Tui Oil.

Please share the name of the brand. I like trying new things.

http://cexpressproducts.blogspot.com/2009/06/formulation-of-carols-express-beauty.html
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th December 2009, 2:50 pm

Thank you, tiashauntee! I am going by WalMart after work today. I am going to look for some organic unrefined coconut oil also in the vitamin section.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 8th December 2009, 12:27 pm

@tiashauntee, I definitely want to know about her sister brand in Walmart. I have to travel to either BK to get her products or drive to the mall which is not that close yet not that far from me either
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 8th December 2009, 3:08 pm

When I first went natural, I used the Mimosa Hair Honey and I used the Body Butter in my hair. I stopped mainly because she was not nationally known/sold in 2000 and it was too much trouble to order every time I needed something.
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2009, 3:13 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:@hamptonsfnst, it was so long ago (like 2005). I was still learning and no one around me had natural hair. So file 13 they went.....
I did like the Tui Oil, for scent only. Walmart has sister brand (made by CD) that is more affordable, I am hoping they have something similar to Tui Oil.

Please share the name of the brand. I like trying new things.

[url=http://cexpressproducts.blogspot.com/2009/06/formulation-of-carols-express-beauty.html
http://cexpressproducts.blogspot.com/2009/06/formulation-of-carols-express-beauty.html[/quote[/url]]

I've seen this in the store and walked right pass it. I will definitely take a look at it the next time I am in the store.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th December 2009, 5:55 pm

I used to use CD products until my wallet couldn't take the prices anymore but here's what I've used (from what I can remember):

Hair Milk - left my hair greasy, no noticible benefit to my curls. I use it in my sons' hair instead.
Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie -LOVED it!!! Hair always came out soft and light.
Hair butter - it was ok
Hair Balm - love the scent, moisturized well, a little goes a long way
Black Vanilla leave in - hate it! Leaves my hair dry and feels like straw. I still have it
Lisa's Hair Elixir - I think I used it as a hot oil treatment. It's ok.

I also like her body butters or smoothies whatever they're called.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ydr 15th December 2009, 2:00 am

i tried the hair milk - ended up selling it on ebay.

hair butter - i am swapping.

i just didn't get any lasting results from those products. i could buy cheaper drugstore products and get better results.

ydr

Back to top Go down

Post by lexi1 16th December 2009, 9:47 am

I used the hair milk and hair butter some years back. Hated both! I went and bought a few products yesterday because sephora gave me the coupon for $15 off. I really didn't need anything from sephora but I didn't want to waste such a good coupon. So far I have used the Mimosa Hair Honey and the Kizzy pomade on my little ones' hair. I like them so far but I haven't tried it on mine yet. I still don't believe CD products are worth the prices.

lexi1

Back to top Go down

Post by HADARAH 26th January 2010, 5:38 pm

Ok...so the smell takes A LOT of getting used to.

The Healthy Hair Butter is good as a moisturizer, or to lightly oil your scalp if you get really dry for whatever reason.

The Hair Milk is just too oily for me. My hair looked shiny, but it was crunchy and dry to the touch. A bit of a contradiction...I know.

Overall...I wont buy either of those products again.
HADARAH
HADARAH

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 26th January 2010, 6:08 pm

natural_nance wrote:I've heard good things about this line and wanted to try it out but before I invest the money and time to take the train downtown I wanted to know which ones work the best? Thanks!

The only product in the line I've used was the Hair Milk. It's ok, but I really didn't like how it felt on my hair when I applied it. I felt a little crunchy and dry. I don't think I'll try any other products in the line, but I'll do my best to use up the Hair Milk.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKendrala 27th January 2010, 1:59 am

I have the black vanilla shampoo and hair smoothie... I LOVE the hair smoothie for deep conditioning. I have yet to find a shampoo i love. Oh, i have the hair butter i use it to seal my ends it works well, i have the hair milk i use it as an oil moisturizer, i have the hair balm i use that after i wash/co-wash and i have tui oil that i have yet find a concrete use for that.
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 27th January 2010, 12:39 pm

Tui oil is pretty much good for making your hair smell good. I mix mine with coconut oil but other than that, it doesn't do anything spectacular.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Offandrunning 27th January 2010, 3:55 pm

ive used CD for years, way before she launched her national campaign...you could only get it in NY or online...when i was relaxed it was mainly what i used..i didnt know a good product from bad product then, i didnt read labels etc...i just loved the tui smell...now that im going natural i have some stuff that i am using up, but its not doing anything great for my hair. Plus since im becoming more knowlegable ive discovered its way overpriced for whats in it. You can find cheaper alternatives with better ingridents if you just look, or the best alternative, at least my favorite one to do is to make my own, and use better quality items and still come out cheaper than the CD stuff.

Offandrunning

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 27th January 2010, 7:18 pm

I like CD Hair Milk but don't want to pay $18 for it so I made my own I'll see how that works out!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by 1rasheda 28th January 2010, 12:48 pm

Ladies I would like to share with all of you that I have a hair line product you will be please with check out my site http://sheshay.com
Thanks

1rasheda

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMingy 28th January 2010, 2:56 pm

@naturalhonney If you don't mind sharing...what do you put in your version of Hair Milk? I've been trying to find a recipe kind of like that but have come up empty handed.
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th January 2010, 6:33 pm

@RayMingy~ I didn't measure just knew how much I wanted in it.

Unrefined Shea Butter (White in color)
Water
Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Jojoba Oil
Tee Tree Oil
Sweet Almond Oil

You can add whatever you like. I don't think my version is moisturizing enough don't know what I'm missing if I don't use it for my hair its good enough for my skin not greasy or too oily. If you come up with something better let me know. Good luck!

naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Davinewellness09 28th January 2010, 8:40 pm

I have tried the hair butter, tui leave in condish, and the kizzi stay put hair pomade........
the hair butter seemed to weigh down my hair,and didn't give it the moisture I wanted.
The tui leave in didn't do anything for my hair....
The kizzi stay put pomade was the only thing I like. a little goes a long way, and it works great to refresh my rod set after my workouts.
Davinewellness09
Davinewellness09

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 28th January 2010, 9:11 pm

RayMingy wrote:@naturalhonney If you don't mind sharing...what do you put in your version of Hair Milk? I've been trying to find a recipe kind of like that but have come up empty handed.

Ok so I told you that my version of hair milk was not moisturizing enough so I decided to look for a homemade recipe that would give me more moisture this is what I did.

Water
coconut oil
olive oil
jojoba oil
grape seed oil
Devacare one conditioner

Again I'm not one for measuring use your judgement a little of everything and shake well, spray on then seal with an oil of your choice I like it better than the hair milk my hair is VERY soft and I'm satisfied. There is no one rule to what you add as far as the conditioner or oils for that matter, you could use a cheapie I just chose the Devacare. Try this let me know what you think these products I had on hand spent no additional $$!!

Last edited by naturalhonney on 28th January 2010, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMingy 28th January 2010, 10:27 pm

naturalhonney wrote:
Ok so I told you that my version of hair milk was not moisturizing enough so I decided to look for a homemade recipe that would give me more moisture this is what I did.

Water
coconut oil
olive oil
jojoba oil
grape seed oil
Devacare one conditioner

Again I'm not one for measuring use your judgement a little of everything and shake well, spray on then seal with an oil of your choice I like it better than the hair milk my hair is VERY soft and I'm satisfied. There is no one rule to what you add as far as the conditioner or oils for that matter, you could use a cheapie I just chose the Devacare. Try this let me know what you think these products I had on hand spent no additional $$!!

Thank you so much!! I will have to try this. Recently I've been thinking about getting the jojoba and grapeseed oils so now I have a great excuse [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by 1rasheda 29th January 2010, 4:31 pm

go to my website all natural products: http://sheshay.com

1rasheda

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th January 2010, 5:55 pm

I wasnt impressed with Carols Daughter products! I purchased the Saturday Morning Special. It included the Khoret Amen Herbal Shampoo, Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner, Hair Milk, Tui Hair Oil, Kizzi Stay Put Pomade, and Healthy Hair Butter. I also purchased Lisa's Hair Elixir separately.

Khoret Amen - This stuff smells HORRIBLE! Almost like BenGay. Horrible and it stripped my hair, no moisture whatsoever. Hated it!

Black Vanilla - Smelled great but didnt do much for moisturizing at all. Its so thin and light. Its like water with vanilla flavoring in it.

Hair Milk - More like hair grease. Took me back to those Blue Magic days. It was disgustingly greasy.

Tui Hair Oil - I loved the smell of this and the presentation was pretty (has a flower in the bottle) but I cant say it really did anything. Just a good smelling oil, something to rub over your hair to make it smell good, thats about it.

Kizzi Pomade - BABY BYE! This stuff smells HORRIBLE! Its another greasy mess. Two thumbs down and even more if I had extra thumbs.

Healthy Hair Butter - I loved this when I was transitioning to lay down my edges but I dont use it as much now. When my hair gets longer, I'll probably revisit it though.

Lisa's Hair Elixir - This is a great hair oil. I could probably make it myself seeing that I can by all the ingredients locally. It has a strong smell too but it didnt bother me as much as the other products. Everytime I use it my mother calls me "Lini" because she says I smell like liniment. lol

I dont think I'll ever purchase her products again. I really wanted to like them but they are just not for me. The prices are ridiculous as well!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 29th January 2010, 11:30 pm

I have used the Hair Milk, Tui Herbal Shampoo, Hair Smoothie, and Leave-In.

Hair Milk - It was fine the first couple of times I used it, but when I used it for a third time, it left my hair feeling really greasy and nasty.

Shampoo - It was alright. Didn't strip my hair, but it was okay. I've stopped using it, but will use it when I run out of Organix Shampoo.

Hair Smoothie - LOVE it. It leaves my hair feeling very soft and moisturized. Plus, it smells wonderful. However, I don't think my mom's wallet loves it, so I probably will not get this again lol.

Leave-In - Do not even get me started on this product. HATE IT WITH A PASSION. On a trip to Atlantic City, I cowashed my hair and used the leave-in and hair milk for a braid out. When I fluffed my hair the next morning, my hair was a big, dry, hot mess. I had to go to the souvenir shop at my hotel to buy scrunchies, shampoo, and condtioner (since I only brought CD stuff. Silly me.) I was so mad.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? - Page 2 Empty i think cd stuff is amazing

Post by habesh77 31st January 2010, 6:03 pm

I've been using the full khoret amen line (smoothie, leave-in, and moss shampoo), as well as loc butter (for twistouts) and mimosa honey for over a year now, and i find it all amazing (although a little pricey), with my hair feeling moisturized and not too heavy (i have 4a and 4b mix). i even stepped out and tried other lines, b/c i'd heard so much about other lines being more natural and more up and coming. but at the end of the day, my hair loves this stuff, and i can't honestly see myself switching again. i don't mind the smell of khoret amen, but i admit it is a little musky. BUT i usually moisturize with mimosa honey later on so the khoret amen smell doesn't last very long anyway. good luck findingi something that your hair loves, i'm sure it's out there, even if it isn't cd.

habesh77

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 9th March 2010, 11:56 pm

Last night I used the Tui Smoothie and because I was up late writing I only had a chance to air dry my hair. I didn't put anything else on it (no oil, no butter--nothing). After it air dried I put on a satin bonnet and went to sleep. I woke up thinking I was going to have to throw on a beret and instead I found soft hair and super defined coils! That product is soooo amazing!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next