CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carol's Daughter Products??

+32
browncurlygirl
Shauny
habesh77
Karyn
jlowman1
Davinewellness09
RayMingy
1rasheda
naturalhonney
Offandrunning
MsKendrala
CurlsGalore
HADARAH
lexi1
ydr
jamaicacurl
Rock'n Natural Curls
ChrsLvsBks
svrbrownsuga
brwnbarbie24
lena73
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteé
trpd123
HAMPTONSFNST
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
Erica5417
RoseNaturalBeauty
dajewel
natural_nance
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? Empty Carol's Daughter Products??

Post by natural_nance 1st December 2009, 7:23 pm

I've heard good things about this line and wanted to try it out but before I invest the money and time to take the train downtown I wanted to know which ones work the best? Thanks!
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Products??

Post by dajewel 1st December 2009, 9:08 pm

yeah, i used (or used) Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo and Condish, Loc Butter, Hair butter, mimosa hair jelly, tui leave-in condish and the milk. I am still debating on this product line, especially since my hair tends to like other MORE natural product lines better.

the shampoo and condish are (were?) good because the combo gave a nice, light cleanse/condish. i am noticing that the shampoo is cleansing my hair too well, which leads to unnecessary tangles...then again, i have never used the shampoo when my hair is twisted...we shall see...regardless, i do love the tui smell

the loc butter is very good to give nice shine and moisture for my twists. however, my hair (and me) is having issue with the soybean oil as one of the main ingredients. i also noticed that moisture didn't last long. regardless, the shine is on-point (check my current avator). i do like the smell, although its pretty strong. also, i do like the herbs and anti-fungal properties the product has. oh, and a little goes a long way. i bought my butter in april or may this year (?) and I am not even half way done (although i usually use 100% shea butter to twist).

i like (liked? still trying to fig out) the hair butter to moisture (?) my twist-outs/fro. again, i appreciate the anti-fungal properties. the smell turns me off: smells like medicine, but this is because of the pachouli and cedarwood).
will i buy it again? nah

mimosa hair jelly is an aphrodisiac/hair candy (Imo)!! if you want mad hits, put that on your hair! i think my hair likes it for just the shine. i believe i read on here somewhere that someone likes to use it to grease their scalp after washing. will i buy it again??? yap (only because of the first sentence).

i understand the logic with the leave-in condish (the one in the spray bottle), but i think maybe others (such as greg juice) would be better? i am only speculating, as i haven't just greg juice. i am still thinking about re-purchasing the leave-in...

hair milk?? i did notice that it gently defines my curls (if i want gentle definition). it leaves my hair shiny, but not really moisturized. i finally figured that if i moisturized with hair butter and then this milk that the result is akin to pink lotion. its safe to say that the hair milk will not be re-purchased again.

HTH
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 2nd December 2009, 12:25 am

Hello I've used Carol's Daughters products and there okay! I loved the hair milk, it really defined my curls, but it did not moisturize like I wanted it to! The conditioners are okay, but I like Jane Carter or Knot today much better......I am officially done being a product junkie and have started created my own haircare products and will be starting Herbal Medicine School in January!!!! I would say go to Whole Foods read and see what you like!! Just remember no products with SLS, parabens, DEA or any of the other bad stuff!!! Good luck!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 2nd December 2009, 12:57 am

I agree with Dajewel, the shampoo almost cleans too well (it's great for removing buildup). I love the Healthy Hair Butter! A little goes a long way. I bought mine in May and I still have a lot left. I will definitely buy the hair butter again. The hair milk works better on my hair now that I have more length but I won't be buying the hair milk again--way too expensive for the results it gives. The Tui oil smells so good I use it just for the smell. It lasts for a while so I will probably buy it again.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd December 2009, 5:33 pm

yes koils im still waitin ur products so i can make my wish list...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 2nd December 2009, 5:44 pm

@ nubie.....did you send me your address? pamela@koilsbynature.com?????
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 5:48 pm

I tried the hair milk this past weekend and I thought it was just okay. I was using it on dry hair that had previously been twisted so maybe it would've been better on wet hair that was being freshly styled. I'm not sure. It wasn't mine so I can't say I'm going to try it again.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd December 2009, 11:58 am

I recently purchased a set that includes the Black Vanilla shampoo, hair smoothie and Healthy Hair Butter. I've only used the shampoo once but I love the hair smoothie as a DC. I love her products. She recently did a special with HSN promoting our favorites and the princess line she created for Disney's new animated film.

I like the fact Lisa's products do not contain mineral oil, petroleum or parabans. I use her skin care line also. The almond cookie souffle and body/bath oil is my favorite.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by trpd123 3rd December 2009, 6:46 pm

I like some of CD's products. I use the Healthy hair butter for twists, and the Hair balm when i'm taking the twists down for twistouts. I love the combo. Haven't gotten those results with any other line. It also gave me a good braidout. I'll post a pic below. I have tried the beloved hair milk plenty of times and it really hasn't worked well for me. The best I can get out of it (because I can't seem to give this stuff away- and I'm not throwing it away) is to refresh my twist out with it on second day hair. I like the tingling of the Rosemary mint shampoo. The mimosa made my curls pop when I had a twa. The leave in condish are just for smell. They do nothing. The tui oil smells good. I got all of this stuff in the saturday morning package when I first started transitioning. So far, the only thing I repurchaed was the hair butter. I haven't tried the smoothies. They weren't around a couple of years ago when I purchased, and I haven't been inclined to try them now. You can view my fotki for more pics if you like. www.fotki.com/trpd123

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
trpd123
trpd123

Back to top Go down

Post by trpd123 3rd December 2009, 6:47 pm

I wish I could have gotten those pics side by side. Its taking up way too much room. So sorry!
trpd123
trpd123

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd December 2009, 7:06 pm

I ordered the Saturday morning special just so I could try a little bit of everything. I was not impressed especially when I thought about the cost. I ended up throwing a few items in the garbage.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2009, 7:41 pm

I've only tried the Hair Milk. It gave me decent curl definition but once it dried my hair was crunchy. I wasnt fond of the smell either. I ended up giving it to my sister in law for my niece. It wasnt anything special to me. I get better curl definition and soft hair just by using Giovanni Direct Leave In.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd December 2009, 9:16 pm

I have the Hair Milk, Hair Butter, and the Black Vanilla Smoothie deep condish

Hair Milk

-No mam...didnt like the smell, as others stated left my hair crunchy, it did define really well but its not for me

Hair Butter

-I like it ok for its moisturizing properties...but the smell was a hell all the way to the naw! it smelled like Vicks Vapor Rub...Ill prob use this as my go to butter if i run out of everything else

Black Vanilla Deep condish

-Yes yes...it smells lovely! Now does it deep condish ?? the verdict is still out about that one...it goes on really rough too...but again..another product to go to if nothing else is available

And im not trying to hate on CD but i prob need to try something different from the line..
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 3rd December 2009, 9:44 pm

The smell in the Hair Milk is lemon grass and I don't like either.....it makes my hair so pretty but I cannot take the smell! I have not tried her hair butter.....so no comment!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 3rd December 2009, 10:08 pm

I bought the healthy hair tresses? kit when i bc'd back nov 08.i still have some of the healthy hair butter - its ok i guess, i used it as a deep condish back in spring.
its funny bc like curly+kinky+fierce said...its smelled like vick's vapor rub - maybe that's why i stopped using it.
i like using the rosemary/mint shampoo to get rid of build up, perhaps every 4 - 6 weeks.
hair milk, i dont like, i started using it on my son's hair.

on another note, their products for the body, i like a lot...i seriously jones for the face butter as a moisturizer in the winter. and the shea souffles are good for those rough heels too.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd December 2009, 10:53 pm

now her body care line...off the hook! i think i stayed at cd for 2 months getting her scrubs n souffles. ocean, sugar and almond cookie is my fav. But i found a local business that i support with even better moisturizing scrubs n butters so i save half the money i would spend on cd.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 4th December 2009, 12:01 am

The hair butter is so great for sealing moisture. Oddly enough, I've grown to like the smell. It's the only product I can use and still have moisturized hair 3 days later.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brwnbarbie24 4th December 2009, 12:59 pm

I absolutely do NOT like CD hair products. They leave my hair weighed down and greasy, and the smell is non-desireable as well.
brwnbarbie24
brwnbarbie24

https://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th December 2009, 1:01 pm

@brwnbarbie24, I want your shirt!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by brwnbarbie24 4th December 2009, 3:17 pm

I got it from the World Natural Hair Show at the Uncle Funky's Daughter booth. You may be able to purchase it from their website.
brwnbarbie24
brwnbarbie24

https://www.youtube.com/brwnbarbie24

Back to top Go down

Post by svrbrownsuga 5th December 2009, 6:04 pm

I am a fan of carols daughter products. My favs are the black vanilla line, tui hair oil, tui and jojoba hair sheen, healthy hair butter and hair milk. Everyone has their own opinions on the scents however I like them and my hair does too Very Happy...good luck ladies!
svrbrownsuga
svrbrownsuga

http://www.fotki.com/svrbrownsuga

Back to top Go down

Post by svrbrownsuga 5th December 2009, 6:04 pm

btw brownbarbie

I love your shirt too!!!
svrbrownsuga
svrbrownsuga

http://www.fotki.com/svrbrownsuga

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 7th December 2009, 2:03 pm

I will agree that the hair butter has a acquired scent yet I may just add a few drops of sweet orange oil to fix that.

@trpd123, I love your hair. It has so much definition and sheen. Looks very healthy.

@tiashauntee, girl, you should've swapped those products. I would have been glad to take a few off your hands.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th December 2009, 2:25 pm

@hamptonsfnst, it was so long ago (like 2005). I was still learning and no one around me had natural hair. So file 13 they went.....
I did like the Tui Oil, for scent only. Walmart has sister brand (made by CD) that is more affordable, I am hoping they have something similar to Tui Oil.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Products?? Empty Sister Brand (made by CD)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th December 2009, 2:41 pm

tiashauntee wrote:@hamptonsfnst, it was so long ago (like 2005). I was still learning and no one around me had natural hair. So file 13 they went.....
I did like the Tui Oil, for scent only. Walmart has sister brand (made by CD) that is more affordable, I am hoping they have something similar to Tui Oil.

Please share the name of the brand. I like trying new things.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next