CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carols Daughter Hair Balm

+2
mstokes2008
sjoyreed
6 posters

Go down

Carols Daughter Hair Balm Empty Carols Daughter Hair Balm

Post by sjoyreed 4th June 2010, 10:38 am

I strolled into Sephorah last night just to see if I could find SOMETHING - ANYTHING to help my dry hair issue. CD was pulled from the Sephora shelves some time ago, but was recently replaced. The options were limited (lots of smoothies, shampoos and leave ins), but I told the sales clerk my issue. She was as helpful as she could be, but she was of a different ethnicity, and really had no clue. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Needless to say, I was geeked it was on the shelves - I live in Oklahoma and it is hard to find black folks, and even harder to find proper hair products.

On a whim, I grabbed the Hair Balm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]4oz @$13.

I got home, spritzed my hair with water and 2 strand twisted my hair with the Hair Balm - I COULD INSTANTLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE! First off, my hair held it's shape, it looked refreshed and felt alive. It wasn't crisp like it usually is (and that is with no product at all), it smelled nice and my hair looks like a generally healthy head of natural hair should...this morning, before my shower, I spritzed again and used a dime size amount all over my twists, for good measure, took them down and left the house with a smile on my face!

The product is like a liquid hair grease. It's heavier than say, Vitamin E Oil, but lighter than a traditional hair grease- like the consistency of baby oil gel! My hair soaked it up! I so love my hair again! I was considering either BC or just totally giving up on life and perming again. I've been battling with this dryness and limp curl pattern for months.

I'd honestly say give this a try, if you're looking for a daily hair dressing or something like a good old fashioned 'hair grease' minus the 'old fashioned', this is your stuff. Should you try it, I hope you have the same great results as myself.
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Carols Daughter Hair Balm Empty Re: Carols Daughter Hair Balm

Post by mstokes2008 4th June 2010, 12:45 pm

I'm glad the Hair balm is working for you!! I've been looking for something for my twists. What do you use for hold on them? And how does the Hair Balm smell?? I tried the hair milk in a store and I could not handle the smell at all.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 4th June 2010, 12:53 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:I'm glad the Hair balm is working for you!! I've been looking for something for my twists. What do you use for hold on them? And how does the Hair Balm smell?? I tried the hair milk in a store and I could not handle the smell at all.

For hold, I've been using Organics Loc and Twist Gel,or Deva AnGell but with the Balm, I didn't use anything! The smell? Ummmm, it's a really light, slightly floral/herbal scent. It fades fast - isn't overpowering at all. It doesn't have that basic Patchouli/Sandalwood scent that CD is notorious for...
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th June 2010, 1:23 pm

sjoyreed wrote:
mstokes2008 wrote:I'm glad the Hair balm is working for you!! I've been looking for something for my twists. What do you use for hold on them? And how does the Hair Balm smell?? I tried the hair milk in a store and I could not handle the smell at all.

For hold, I've been using Organics Loc and Twist Gel,or Deva AnGell but with the Balm, I didn't use anything! The smell? Ummmm, it's a really light, slightly floral/herbal scent. It fades fast - isn't overpowering at all. It doesn't have that basic Patchouli/Sandalwood scent that CD is notorious for...

good to know. i have the healthy hair butter and while it's hella moisturizing...ugh that smell...every time i use it my bf tells me i smell like a man's cologne.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 4th June 2010, 3:52 pm

Now when I go back to Nashville, I will have to pick some of that up. The way you described the consistency of it makes me think that my hair will enjoy this. Thank you!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th June 2010, 1:00 am

i used the hair balm n my permie days and now only use it for my sons scalp! i revisited cd products recently and u can also find really good gift sets on hsn.com too

http://beauty.hsn.com/carols-daughter-gift-sets-kits_c-bs_a-5807-4492_xc.aspx?sz=2&cm_re=LN*Specia*GiftSetsKi&prev=hp!sf!5807&lastbc=!4492&ccm=BS|5807

i found my tui smoothie, poo n marguerites magic here for $30!! u know the tui runs $20 by itself!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by panamanian queen 7th June 2010, 11:45 am

I love the hair balm. Its the bomb. It smells lovely and instantly gives it shine. My hubby loves the smell too. I would highly recommend it for moisturizing your dry tresses.
panamanian queen
panamanian queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down