CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer

+10
sjoyreed
KeAnia
LaLa_Deechi
Naturalin2010
jeca
IJustWannaKnow2
NaturallyCLD
chynadoll8799
jlowman1
cutephantasm
14 posters

Go down

Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer  Empty Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer

Post by cutephantasm 10th July 2010, 9:56 pm

Here is the link: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

What it is:
A quenching, fast-absorbing lotion that defines, tames, and restores luster to natural curls while conditioning.

What it does:
Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer nourishes and conditions hair to restore its natural luster.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
This product is free of parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates, and artificial colors. Dermatologist-tested.

--------------------------------------

It sounds interesting...I want to try it, but it's pricy! Have any of you curlies tried it?
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer  Empty Re: Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer

Post by jlowman1 10th July 2010, 11:18 pm

If I'm not mistaken, this is the original Hair Milk they've been selling. Its just new packaging.

She has a new one called Hair Milk Lite "The Curl Booster" which is supposed to be the lighter version of the original. The original made my hair really greasy and didnt moisturize it at all. Just sat on top of my hair but Im really interested to try the lighter version. Plus the bottle is really cute and Im all about presentation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer  Empty Re: Carols Daughter ~ Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer

Post by jlowman1 10th July 2010, 11:29 pm

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 11th July 2010, 2:40 pm

thanks so much! according to the reviews, you are only supposed to use a tiny amount or else it will be greasy...
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 11th July 2010, 3:26 pm

They offer free shipping every now and then so when they do, I'm going to order the Lite and see if that works better for me.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 11th July 2010, 8:03 pm

Hair milk gives me a really bad headache and a stomach ache. Am I the only one?:-)

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyCLD 11th July 2010, 8:07 pm

I love the hair milk it worked on my permed ends when i was transitioning so it is worth it to me. I will suggest that you try to look at the deals on QVC and HSN so that you can try other products with it for a low price.
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 11th July 2010, 9:04 pm

thanks ladies! I'll def check out QVC, etc...I'm wondering if I can just try it out one day when I'm in sephora...lol
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 13th July 2010, 8:26 am

I try it after I wash /condition / rosemary spritz. To me, it's just aiiiight. For the price, I won't repurchase; I don't think it's worth it for what it DOESN'T do for me.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by jeca 15th July 2010, 1:55 am

If it's just regular hair milk that they have been selling it did not do well on my hair. I found it drying and lacking real moisture. Maybe my hair was too thick for it. It worked better on my daughter's 3A hair.
jeca
jeca

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 15th July 2010, 8:50 am

Yeah, me too. No moisture - well, not after my hair dried, anyway. As long as my hair was damp - everything was hunky dory, but after drying, touching and looking at my hair, I thought - whatthe? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 15th July 2010, 11:54 am

I've been using it since my recent BC and it has done great on my hair. I have the one that came with the special on HSN about a month ago. I'm running out, because it was a small bottle. But, so far I can't complain with it. It's making my hair a little more refined than right after my BC. Right now, I need all the moisture/curl definition tries I can get. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And, I just found out that Macy's carries her products? Well, not all of them. But, I'm still trying to figure out where would those products be, what section?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th July 2010, 9:09 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:I've been using it since my recent BC and it has done great on my hair. I have the one that came with the special on HSN about a month ago. I'm running out, because it was a small bottle. But, so far I can't complain with it. It's making my hair a little more refined than right after my BC. Right now, I need all the moisture/curl definition tries I can get. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And, I just found out that Macy's carries her products? Well, not all of them. But, I'm still trying to figure out where would those products be, what section?

In our Macy's the Carol's Daughter products are located in the same area as the Perfume counters. Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLa_Deechi 8th August 2010, 6:02 pm

Hi! I have been using Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (CDHM) ever since December 2009 and I can say that I do love the stuff. I like it because it brings moisture to my hair and it smells great. I never use it by its self though. First I spray water on my hair for moisture. Next I use a dime size of the CDHM. And lastly I use Shea Oil (from the beauty supply store) to seal it all in. Afterwards my hair feels like heaven! I recommend this product to all people who can afford it.
LaLa_Deechi
LaLa_Deechi

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th August 2010, 6:44 pm

I have to say that this morning was the first time I used CDHM and I am not sure how I feel about it. I had purchased it for my daughter some time ago and it really didn't moisturize her hair and it doesn't seem like it is going to moisturize mine either but I think I Will try it with some of my other products.
It is a bit pricy but it is sold in Dillards and J.C. Penny here in Shreveport. So check to see of any of your local department stores sell it then you can try it before you have to purchase and see what other products she has.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 13th August 2010, 1:46 pm

I use it on my twists. The original scent is pretty strong, but itfades. It makes my hair crispier than I like, so I mix it with some Shea Butter.

The lighter version is better, IMO - it leave your hair softer feeling.

The price is high, but it lasts me a long time (sample size).
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 8:13 pm

I just bought the small size from Sephora yesterday and I plan on trying it out on my hair.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th August 2010, 3:46 pm

I just did a review of this with the shampoo and the conditioner (actually I used the "light" version of the actual hair milk) I didn't care for any of the products to be honest, but then Carol's Daughter stuff seldom does anything good for my hair. My mom used it to twist and she likes it ~shrug~ and my Grandma LOVES this stuff, she liked the original, but she likes the "light" better because it doesn't weigh down her hair
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiatj 17th August 2010, 12:09 pm

I have tried the hair milk and HATED it. It didn't moistrize my hair at all, it jsut sat there really. I was sooooo disappointed because had heard such great things about CD, but my hair hasn't like anything I've tried.
tiatj
tiatj

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1116420078

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 1st September 2010, 8:55 pm

More sad news...LOL. I used the hair milk and my hair hated it. It did not moisturize at all, and my hair felt like a braille pad. It stayed on my hair shelf for months. I pulled it our a few weeks ago and used it again following a DC and henna treatment. Again, it did not moisturize my hair and it made me look like I had a Jherri Curl...not cute! I won't be buying it again...I've move on from CD to other products!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down