CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+26
domanie7
The Raw Twinkie
kevynnew
j. kinky
Imgettingthere
rayray19
FreeFroMonet
CurlyOrangeMama
MissyCee
Berry3674
Afronique
yacoomba
CiaE
bfree
KSharee
llcarr
Sebastain13
Butterfly125
blackice82
curlya
Kimberly
ladygogohot
Ambitious_Tiff
Thinice
rvalent2
misskris
30 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 21 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 8:36 pm

misskris wrote: And girl that is an amazing plan!!! I see now why you are "Ambitious Tiff" That's awesome!! cheers Good luck with all of that. And it's good that you have all that planned out now while you're young!

MissyCee wrote:I admire you high goals at such a young age!!! Just always remember to keep pushing ahead!!!!

Butterfly125 wrote:Wow! You ladies are awesome! I love intelligent go-getters!

Y'all just don't know how much I appreciate those sentiments! I get so tired of people saying my goals are too high or unattainable b/c xyz or its just crazy (especially when I mention the Peace Corps). Why dream small? There's a whole world out there waiting for you! *OMG tearing up again. What is wrong with me today?? confused Sad *
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th December 2010, 8:43 pm

@ambitious: Im a nursing major too!! I still taking me prerequisites but Fall of 2011 I should be in the program..and it is definitely some hard work.. but i know we can do it!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th December 2010, 9:03 pm

Awww, Tiff, you're so adorable! Thank you for that encouragement. I think that will be what I work on in the new year... hunting down some grants and scholarships. It just seemed all so overwhelming when I thought about how much I would need to complete school.

@Rayray, that's great! And you are right, you can both do it. I know how hard school can be...as a matter of fact, I was kind of shocked at the level of difficulty and the amount of committment and discipline it takes study. So I commend anyone who accomplishes their academic goals.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 9:33 pm

@Rayray19
YAY! I will be hitting you up when I need help. I love picking brains like children love picking noses! What do you plan to specialize in?

@Butterfly125
Maybe you can start off by trying to get the money per semester rather than for the year. The cost of college is ridiculous! It does seem really overwhelming when you're thinking of how you can get $5000 vs $2500 (granted both are large sums) I will have to pay some out of pocket too so I understand how you feel. I am hoping to get a little money back on my income taxes to help. Also, check with the school you are attending and see what scholarships they have. I am trying to get a job at a hospital as we speak b/c a lot of them offer tuition reimbursement if you agree to work for them when you graduate.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th December 2010, 9:48 pm

That's an excellent idea! The school district I work for used to offer tuition reimbursement before we had to go through budget cuts. I'm just happy to still have a job! Anyway, I will be looking into those grants and scholarships again in January.

Now on the subject of hair (hehehe) that link yacoomba gave us led me to another place called Mountain Rose Herbs, and I love it! I told my hubby I will be mixin' up all kinds of stuff for my hair and for our baths, for messages, and even aromatherapy sprays for the house.

Somebody please tell me how do you know if you need a protein treatment?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 28th December 2010, 10:10 pm

Let me find the link for you. I still can't tell. I just follow the instructions on the bottle... Something about your hair being mushy when wet...? confused
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th December 2010, 10:58 pm

Intensive care or emergency room I watch discovery health Trauma life in the ER every night!! i love the fast pace..what about you??
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th December 2010, 12:20 am

Tiff you are too funny...children picking noses!!!! LOL

Going back to school is rough. That's another reason why I wasn't too pressed about not doing the nursing school thing. I went straight thru from undergrad to grad so I was too done!! LOL

So I decided to leave my hair braided for my interview tomorrow. I don't wanna take it down just yet (it hasn't even been a week) and I figure this is Atlanta---they should be used to seeing ethnic hairstyles by now and if they don't want me based on that then screw em!!!! Right?? LOL

Butterfly, I would like to know how you know if your hair needs protein too. And if you try it how are you to know that your hair "doesn't like" it??? It's so funny cuz before I joined CN I never knew that there were ways to tell oif your hair needs certain things (other than moisture) and that hair might not like certain products. And cones and SLS??? I never knew ANYthing about all that stuff before CN. SO much to learn about dead stuff (hair) WHO KNEW!!????
geek
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th December 2010, 12:37 am

I know!!! I am simultaneously more informed and thoroughly confused...lol. I am pretty much living by the rule that if my hair needs something other than what I am doing, it would feel rough or dry or limp or brittle or something. If it feels good and looks shiny, I guess I'm doing ok. I am rooting for you tomorrow!!!! You will be triumphant cheers
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 12:40 am

Good luck with your interview. I am going to bed, but tomorrow when I sign on, I know I will have much to read. You ladies keep the light on........Night!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th December 2010, 12:41 am

Good night, MissyCee! Sleep
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th December 2010, 1:14 am

Thanks MissyCee and Good Night!!! I'm about to get off soon too so I can get my clothes together and go to bed!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 29th December 2010, 2:12 am

@ MissyCee
Goodnight!!

@Rayray19
I love babies so I want to work in labor and delivery or the NICU. A friend of mine and I were discussing this and she said she could deal with seeing babies die or be all sickly. I don't really think anyone wants to see that but if I did have to see that I would want to be able to make the child comfortable and hopefully help them get on home and help the parents through the time. Emergency room? Man you are really good at thinking on your feet huh? Do you plan to work as a nurse in your hometown?

@Butterfly125
I had asked about Protein Overload one day and got a lot of good links to trying to figure out if I should do it or not. Take a looksy: https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8522-protein-overload I know exactly what you mean by learning so much and then being thoroughly confused at the same time, lol.
I love reading about different herbs and oils. I am trying to come up with my own recipes using these oils to help me keep my hair moisturized. It gets dry soooo fast. I won't lie though, I loves me some coconut oil!! Its worked miracles on my hair!!

@MissKris
I'll pray extra for you tonight. Just put your game face on and let your true self shine through. I'm sure you'll let us know how you think it went.

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 8:58 am

Good Morning Ladies! Have a wonderful day-I'm off to work, but wanted to come on and show some I love you .

MissKriss-Good luck again today on the interview-sending up a prayer for you! Very Happy

Off to start the day bounce
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 29th December 2010, 11:50 am

Good morning chicas!! Just wanted to share my excitement and new found love for .......drumroll........the braidout!!! I think it's changed my life! Sooo on Christmas eve I washed and braided. Took it down christmas day. Since then I have randomly rebraided sporatically before bed. I mean I literally would have some hair out with random braids within the fro. So this is like day 5 technically with the same braidout. Life is good cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 29th December 2010, 12:30 pm

bounce ...waiting to hear how the interview with misskris.

@Berry3674 - Your hair looks good. So full! I love the full and curly look. Tonight is DC night I might twist for Thrusday. Smile
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 29th December 2010, 12:37 pm

Thanks Curlya!! I achieved this look out of sheer laziness and I'm in love. I look at pics of wng's I did and I like this look so much more. I think in another 6 months ill like it even more. Maybe by then I'll have a little hangtime! Right now it definitely stands straight up! My sister called it mop head on Christmas, but she's slapping perm on thin edges, so her opinion doesn't hold much weight with me!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 12:46 pm

@Berry - Cute.....slapping perms on thin edges..... Evil or Very Mad I love thebraid outs. DId you do this on dry hair? I have to cause my hair is thin. I twisted mine last night. It kid of gives the same effect. How often do you apply your castor oil?
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 12:47 pm

Berry3674-Way to go on getting 5 day hair! bounce Yes I'm definitely in agreement with you on the having a so called "mop top" rather than 3 strands on my entire head trying to curl it (lol)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 29th December 2010, 1:09 pm

Thanks ladies! I have been grabbing sections within the fro and doing small braids every evening on dry hair. Tuesday I spritzed it in the am cuz I didn't like how it was smooshed on one side. I'm doing the castor oil only about 2 nights a week because I use olive oil to take down my braids in the am and I don't want my hair too oily. Tomorrow night I will wash with my herbal shampoo from butters and bars and use my jbco and completely braid my hair to start all over again and be fresh for new years eve!

So today I was looking thru pics and I've gotta show u guys how well the jbco is working for me.
This was a wash and go from Halloween two months ago

This is a wng with same technique and same product this month

So as you ladies said in the beginning of this challenge, we will have hair down to our booties!!! Trust!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 1:14 pm

It does show a difference....... When did you cut? I'm trying to remember too much stuff right now......Oooohhhh I missed the booty comment.....I can dig that too!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 29th December 2010, 1:21 pm

I shaved it off in April and wore lacefronts for 2 months. In June I started wearing full sew ins. That first wng on Halloween was my first time wearing it out.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 1:22 pm

Sooooo ladies......... I had a situation... I asked the man currently in my life, last week, what he thought of my hair style? He looked, and said it looks unkempt?.... I think due to his upbringing in the older south, that he's used to women with slick backed, pinned up, shiny straight hair. I guess I asked for it by asking, but you would think he had better sense to say somthing flattering. I just kept it moving. Thought I would share.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 29th December 2010, 1:43 pm

My bf hated my bc. Hated the whole idea of short kinky hair on "his woman". Which I thought was strange b/c he lives in brooklyn NY (can u say diversity capital of America?) and many of his friends, male and female have dreads and are natural. He could look at a long haired natural and love it. But a short hair cut and he would turn his nose up. I finally had to explain to him that longer hair doesn't happen overnight. He began to come around as he realized other men were complimenting me. Maybe he thought "if I don't love this nappy headed woman someone else will". Last month, on skype he finally paid me my first compliment. He said it looked beautiful and then followed that by asking if this means we could do it in the shower now. Men! Rolling Eyes
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 2:12 pm

They do have one track minds!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content