CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! I Hate My Hair

+5
Renny
BajanPrincess82
sweetdrk1
Ms.Fenty
tamtam7
9 posters

Go down

HELP!  I Hate My Hair Empty HELP! I Hate My Hair

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 12:45 pm

Hello ladies! I went to the hair salon yesterday to get what I thought was going to be a twist and curl. Instead she did a twist out where she flat twisted my hair and set me under the dryer. Although that wasn't what I originally planned on getting, I thought the outcome would still be great, but I was not impressed. I think I would have liked it more if the twists were larger. With this look the curls are too tight and small and I feel as though I look like a Michael Jackson impersonator. The only thing needed to complete the look is a red leather jacket with some zippers.

My question is have any of you ever experienced an attempt at a hairstyle that went wrong and if so what did you do to salvage it?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

HELP!  I Hate My Hair Empty Re: HELP! I Hate My Hair

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 2:20 pm

(((((((bump)))))
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 7th November 2010, 2:30 pm

Okay, I'm not sure if I'll really be able to help, but I'm gonna try. When my hair is a little too flat I mist w/water, which will make the curls swell a bit, or you can separate the curls some more which will give you more volume. I would be very careful though because you don't want to completely ruin it (you did spend your hard earned cash on it).

Misting it or separating it will probably cause some frizz and fluffiness so prepare yourself, lol. I did a small flexi rod set once that made me look like I was 12, so I just kept on separating until I got a more age appropriate look, it frizzed up a bit, but it looked so much better that I simply embraced the frizz. Also I always and I mean always tweak my hair after going to a stylist, but I might just be ridiculously picky Wink
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 5:49 pm

Thank you Ms. Fenty. Your advice was so helpful. I thought about spritzing my hair as well. I actually considered doing the twist -n-curl style that I originally wanted, tonight before going to bed, but I don't want to mess it up because like you said I did spend my hard earned cash on this hair. I will try your advice. It is also good to know that you tweak your hair after going to the stylist. I do the same thing because I'm usually not satisfied with my hair. Thanks again for responding to my post.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th November 2010, 6:33 pm

Tamtam with that beautiful head of curls you have I am sure you can salvage it! I do the same as Ms Fenty said, separate or mist! I am sure you will make it work!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 7th November 2010, 6:36 pm

When I'm not feeling my hair I'll add a flower or headband to try and jazz it up. If that's still not working, I'll pull it up into a pony/puff.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 8:44 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Tamtam with that beautiful head of curls you have I am sure you can salvage it! I do the same as Ms Fenty said, separate or mist! I am sure you will make it work!

Hey girl! Thanks for the compliment and advice!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th November 2010, 9:09 pm

I was going to say a puff. You ladies are so creative. Lord help me and styling.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 9:19 pm

@BajanPrincess I'm going to try the flower idea. Thanks.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 9:19 pm

@Renny the puff is usually my go to hairstyle. LOL!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th November 2010, 9:30 pm

I am pitiful. Something doesn't work and I go, "A puff." A puff always works. LOL.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th November 2010, 9:40 pm

I'm not sure if you've done anything to your hair yet but here's my suggestion. Retwist it in big sections tonight. Hopefully it will make it bigger and fluffier tomorrow.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 9:43 pm

That is awesome advice Lynnieluve. I actually thought about doing that but was too scurrrred I would mess it up.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th November 2010, 9:51 pm

tamtam7 wrote:That is awesome advice Lynnieluve. I actually thought about doing that but was too scurrrred I would mess it up.

Well if you "mess it up" then you could still have a puff as a back up. I love my natural hair. Lord knows I do but sometimes the uncertainty of how a style will turn out will make your nerves bad. lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 7th November 2010, 10:06 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
tamtam7 wrote:That is awesome advice Lynnieluve. I actually thought about doing that but was too scurrrred I would mess it up.

Well if you "mess it up" then you could still have a puff as a back up. I love my natural hair. Lord knows I do but sometimes the uncertainty of how a style will turn out will make your nerves bad. lol!

LOL! That is so true. I love my natural hair too, but like you said you just never know what to expect.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th November 2010, 10:37 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

ditto!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by cocomizu 8th November 2010, 7:33 pm

Frohawk and flat twists never let me down.

cocomizu

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 8th November 2010, 8:23 pm

I salvage everything with a puff too!
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 13th November 2010, 9:53 am

Thank you so much for all of your responses ladies. After a few days of just letting my hair do it's thing it started to puff out to my likeness. A few days later I tried the advice to mist it with water and twist it up in larger twists that night. That extended the life of the look and my hair looked fabulous. I received so many compliments on my hair. Thanks again ladies.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th November 2010, 12:56 pm

I'm glad it worked out for you!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 14th November 2010, 3:08 pm

Yes. I had such a situation last week and had to go to work looking... different. LOL I thought I rocked the style as best as I could, but when I came home, some family members and a family friend clowned me. And at work some people commented on never seeing me so "poofy" before. Let's just say that the wind didn't help my situation. lol

The Long Story:

I washed my hair the night before using a different method. I decided to omit a leave-in. I air dried in braids, but when I woke up in the morning and undid the braids, my hair was dull, felt weird, and had zero definition. So I decided to try longaid gel for the first time, because I'd seen so many people with kinky curly coily hair rave about it. It just sat on my hair and was goopy.

I tried to add a little eco styler on it (works great for me alone) and it was a mess. So then I washed/conditioned and decided to rollerset my hair, using a new product yet again. And I forgot to add any oil because at this point I was very late for work. The set dried and it was curly, but old lady curly. lol. So I did some sort of funky retro thing where I had a pompadour and bangs and the rest pulled back into a semi-puff. A mess. LOL.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th November 2010, 4:07 pm

cheers I love it when things work out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content