CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could my hair hate oils?

2 posters

Go down

Could my hair hate oils?  Empty Could my hair hate oils?

Post by Nikole 22nd November 2010, 10:42 pm

Hello Ladies! I am new to being natural. I just did my BC about three weeks ago and untill yesterday I was LOVING my hair. Then it all went downhill when I noticed that my hair has been very hard, dry but full of oil! Mad My scalp seems to itch towards the end of the day and I have never had a problem with my scalp. I have become such a PJ that I have been using different things on different days ( sometimes in the same day) in a failed attempt to get soft, defined curls! My twists wont stay in ( my mom says my hair is too fine, but I did it with rollers during my transition..) To add insult to injury something broke out my face! affraid I got veggie glycerin and jojoba oil today ( it's still 70 here) made a spray and so far my hair is still soft but it is so frizzy! I really need some direction. Someone PLEASE tell me what to do!!! Here is what I have been using: ( not all at the sametime)

Cowashing with Giovanni Smooth as Silk everyday ( all I can do is WNG)
Giovanni Direct Leave in or KCKT
EVOO, Coconut oil or jojoba oil to seal ( I have castor oil too but have not used it )
Aloe Gel or KCCC to style (silver dollar size)

Also have a spray of KCKT, EVVO, coconut oil, shea butter and aloe gel.
I have some shea butter too....

Thanks and God Bless!!

Nikole

Nikole
Nikole

Back to top Go down

Could my hair hate oils?  Empty Re: Could my hair hate oils?

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 10:50 pm

After you BC, you hair tends to be dry and not hold moisture well. I would suggest baggying overnight since you are already cowashing daily. I would also add deep conditioning to the mix - at least once a week.

It may be time for you shampoo your hair since you have been cowashing daily for 3 weeks.

If you have fine hair, EVOO and castor oil may be too heavy.

Once your starts to hold moisture better, the frizzies should go away.

Check out this article

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down