CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best hair products for Transitioning?

4 posters

Go down

Best hair products for Transitioning? Empty Best hair products for Transitioning?

Post by MrsJones 10th November 2010, 2:21 pm

I'm going into my 3rd month post relaxer and im really concerned abour having the least amount of breakage possible. Any suggestions?
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Best hair products for Transitioning? Empty Re: Best hair products for Transitioning?

Post by letha 10th November 2010, 3:31 pm

Everyone hair is different.. What works for me may not work for you but what I did was just kept my hair moisturized with a moisturie spritz that I would make and when I wore my hair in a bun or ponytail I would spritz my NG at night and sometimes in the morning b4 work.. I co-wash and DC weekly.. I co-wash more during the summer months.. I also make sure I have enough protein as well as moisture.

Products I am still using that has help me a lot during my transition was Darcy Bontanicals Transitioning cream.. I would put this on my NG no matter what I did to my hair during wash day.. Even if I did a ponytail rollerset.. The key to me not having a lot of breakage during my almost year transition is moisture at 1st and then I noticed I had to still balance in my protein and now its been going pretty good..

Hope this helps you
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Best hair products for Transitioning? Empty Re: Best hair products for Transitioning?

Post by Stephy0306 11th November 2010, 1:44 pm

Thts weird i havent been having tht much breakage at all, from reading different articles about transitioning and saying u will loose alot of hair and stuff, in some ways i think some people are overly dramatic and those types of comments really just scares you into going natural. But its not as a bad as u think it will be. Yes u will get some shedding but u just have to know u have to moisturize your hair 10 times more then u had to when u had a perm. I havent use protein yet on my hair so i do not know how tht works for me but basically keeping my hair moisturized, deep conditioned, and leaving it alone is what i found works best for me and limiting breakage.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 11th November 2010, 2:24 pm

I'm going into my 3rd month post relaxer and im really concerned abour having the least amount of breakage possible. Any suggestions?

It is wise of you to be proactive in trying to avoid breakage.

Can you tell us about the condition of your hair now, what products, tools and techniques you are using?

Without knowing anything about your hair and your regimen, we may recommend solutions to problems that you don't have. You may already be using the best products and techniques for you.

Last edited by FalconTress on 11th November 2010, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down