CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair?

3 posters

Go down

Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair? Empty Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair?

Post by naturalfabulosity 24th October 2009, 1:34 am

I have been VERY hesitant about getting my hair trimmed since I have been going natural. I have been tranisitioning for the past 10 months. For the first 5-6 months I flat ironed my hair to allow easy access to trimming my ends...After that I wore braids for 3 months and after removing them I have been hell bent on NOT altering my natural curl pattern what so ever and have not trimmed my ends since removing my last braids over a month ago....HELP Which is better Dry Hair Trim or Wet Hair Trim....So girls the verdict is still out for me....What do you think? :?:
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair? Empty Re: Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair?

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 25th October 2009, 2:43 am

If how much you get cut/trimmed off is important to you, you may want to continue straightening and do a dry cut. It is harder to judge how much is being removed when wet and curly. Truthfully, if the stylist knows how to cut hair and isn't scissor happy, it won't matter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair? Empty Re: Which is better Dry Hair or Wet Hair Trim for transitioning hair?

Post by naturalfabulosity 25th October 2009, 10:46 am

Thank-you : [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rock N' Natural Curls!!! That makes so much sense...i still would like to maintain my length so....I guess I will have to give in to straightening my hair for the tirm...Thx again.
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th October 2009, 1:15 pm

Actually you could try a method called banding. Section your hair into how ever many you desire. While your hair is wet apply ouchless bands to the length of each section. Depending on the length it could take 3 or 4 bands per section. When it dries rather than shrinking up it will be stretched allowing you to avoid using heat on your hair. You should be able to trim your ends then. I hope I explained it well enough. I have MAJOR shrinkage with my hair but when I do this I have very little.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalfabulosity 25th October 2009, 1:25 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Actually you could try a method called banding. Section your hair into how ever many you desire. While your hair is wet apply ouchless bands to the length of each section. Depending on the length it could take 3 or 4 bands per section. When it dries rather than shrinking up it will be stretched allowing you to avoid using heat on your hair. You should be able to trim your ends then. I hope I explained it well enough. I have MAJOR shrinkage with my hair but when I do this I have very little.

Thank-you so much for that much needed info!!! You were right on time! I made an appointment to go next Thursday to get it trimmed after I flat ironed my hair...but now I will give banding a try!!!! You saved my hair!!!! I really dispise heat at all :-) Your a hairsaver [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th October 2009, 2:07 pm

awwww...your so welcome. I despise heat as well. i've used it once in the past year and 3 months. I shouldn't have given in that one time but never again. Let me know how that works for you sis.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down