CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you buy...November 2010?

+59
NaturallyStacie
thehfxgrrl
CurlyChefRobin
sweetnsassi
Neems
creolebeauty1
fanmnatirel
CurlsGalore
TaSiaJaY
Sakura
Choctaw
Keisha
butterfly3000
naturalblkbeauty10
Curlock Holmes
NikiD1908
BigLipTiff
yacoomba
jenerett
TwistedKurlzz
PrincessRN
kekesmom29
drmsd
BeautifullyFree
AdriEm
natural83
DeltaAce2006
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
MomnWife
naturallynola
mocha_mom
dyamonds10
sonance
Fleur
blkbeauty2010
pie
firety47
KinkyNappyHappy
jazzynatural
Alanija
natchralme
Niqui36
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
letha
mahoganytresses
jeanlouisangel
krazy coils
rayray19
suqiit
SwirlyCurls90
mimismom
Sebastain13
Lynnieluve
Ladybug83
EMarie
Ebbz
LaToya28
63 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you buy...November 2010? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you buy...November 2010?

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 2:32 pm

NikiD1908 wrote:^^ Nope, you're not alone.

I've been eyeing the Ohm Body Sweet Hair Pudding...need to see some more positive reviews on it... But my mouth has been practically watering over it...just like a darn crackhead! Smh

So you are aiding in my PJism....it's ok I thank you! Guess maybe I could consider that too!! LOL
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

What did you buy...November 2010? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you buy...November 2010?

Post by NikiD1908 9th November 2010, 2:46 pm

LOL! You got me looking at reviews for Miracurl ever since you mentioned it in your comment! Lol! We are enablers to the greatest extent, hunh? PJs unite!!! :-)

NikiD1908

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 9th November 2010, 3:09 pm

The Makeup Virgin's Juicy Creamy Styling gel
Darcy's Botanicals Avocado and Wild Plum twisting cream (GLYCERIN FREE)

I just can't wait on Black Friday...I want my products now!! Embarassed

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalblkbeauty10 9th November 2010, 3:24 pm

I just ordered the daily styling collection by hydratherma naturals, i love her products and i tried looking for products that were less expensive. i realized that i spent about the same amount trying to find the right products to work for my hair. This products goes a long way and of good quality, so now I'm on the search for some good deep conditioners, do anyone know of any good ones? once I find a couple of DC to switch every now and then, I'll have all my staple products.
naturalblkbeauty10
naturalblkbeauty10

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 6:07 pm

Ok now I have sooo many selections! Thanks!

Natural....I LOVE Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks and I currently am using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rose and its working great as well!!

Good Luck finding your DC!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 9th November 2010, 6:52 pm

Nature's Gate Lavender & Aloe Condish
Nature's Gate Shampoo (can't remember which one)
Pantene Dry to Moisturized Condish (trial size from Target)
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (trial size from Target)
Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 9:27 pm

Dee, you sound like me. I bougth some Chagrin samples and I will use 1 Friday for the first time. I am really excited about them. I spoke with them by phone. The gentleman was very nice. I really liked the description and ingredients. I have been buying castor oil for the last few wks and haven't completed the order yet. I have marshmallow root. Its good in shampoo or conditioner for additional slip. I am itching for the avocado and sweet almond oil too. Just trying to decide which brand to buy. Which shampoo bars did you buy?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 9:31 pm

Marie, when you run out of the AOHSR and you are game for trying another AO product, White Camellia is great. It has very good slip and I have used it with very drying treatments with great success. Really, when I first used it, I wondered if it was moisturizing enough, but got my answer especially with Bentonite. Warning though - smells very medicinal. I guess I am used to it now because it doesn't bother me.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 10th November 2010, 3:24 am

ingredients for kimmaytubes leave in and 2 handmade soap bars from soaptopia... Scout IN thin mint soap and The Grapefruit Gatsby<<< this 1 i'll be trying out tonight.
***11.14.2010 Both soaps SUCKED

LIVE GREEN Pomegranate Moisturizing Conditioner
Yes to Cucumbers leave in conditioner

Last edited by Keisha on 14th November 2010, 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added purchases : ()
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 10th November 2010, 9:48 am

ayurvedic herbs
oils
processing caps, satin caps

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th November 2010, 10:21 am

Hairveda's Cocasta oil...I'm so done for the month!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 10th November 2010, 10:27 am

LaToya28 wrote:Hairveda's Cocasta oil...I'm so done for the month!

So No Black Friday Sale for you..?
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 10th November 2010, 10:28 am

Or Cyber Monday? Right, we will see LOL

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th November 2010, 10:58 am

I don't think so. I have ordered just about everything I wanted...except Komaza and Qhemet, but I have so many butters and creams that I need to try out first...but we'll see what kind of discounts they offer. 25% or more and I just might be tempted! lol

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th November 2010, 11:09 am

I love that stuff!!! I will be getting another bottle during the Black Friday Sale!! bounce
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 10th November 2010, 11:10 am

LaToya28 wrote:I don't think so. I have ordered just about everything I wanted...except Komaza and Qhemet, but I have so many butters and creams that I need to try out first...but we'll see what kind of discounts they offer. 25% or more and I just might be tempted! lol
When I first started my journey the first place I ordered from was Komaza and I actually love their items ( I get the Califia products). I just reordered the Califia Leave In conditioner and for the first time the Jojoba Hemp Balm (plan on mixing it in a shea mix). Have you tried the JHB before and if so what were your thoughts? I like the Califia Moisturizing Cream but opted like I said to make my own mix this time. Do they normally have BF sales -do dish on the deets (oh my I said I wasn't going to buy anything else) Wink Embarassed
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 10th November 2010, 11:19 am

Lynnieluve wrote:

I love that stuff!!! I will be getting another bottle during the Black Friday Sale!! bounce

Me too! It's been a staple of mine since my relaxed days.

yacoomba wrote:
LaToya28 wrote:I don't think so. I have ordered just about everything I wanted...except Komaza and Qhemet, but I have so many butters and creams that I need to try out first...but we'll see what kind of discounts they offer. 25% or more and I just might be tempted! lol
When I first started my journey the first place I ordered from was Komaza and I actually love their items ( I get the Califia products). I just reordered the Califia Leave In conditioner and for the first time the Jojoba Hemp Balm (plan on mixing it in a shea mix). Have you tried the JHB before and if so what were your thoughts? I like the Califia Moisturizing Cream but opted like I said to make my own mix this time. Do they normally have BF sales -do dish on the deets (oh my I said I wasn't going to buy anything else) Wink Embarassed

I've never tried the JHB, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I wanted to order the Califia Cream as well. I love how creamy it is. My own shea mixes are never that creamy--they are more whipped and airy. I've never participated in their BF sale, but it seems like they rarely have sales so I don't see it being any more than 15%, but I could be wrong. Make sure that you are on their FB page and subscribe to their newsletter to find out more info.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 10th November 2010, 11:27 am

LaToya28 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

Me too! It's been a staple of mine since my relaxed days.

yacoomba wrote:

I've never tried the JHB, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I wanted to order the Califia Cream as well. I love how creamy it is. My own shea mixes are never that creamy--they are more whipped and airy. I've never participated in their BF sale, but it seems like they rarely have sales so I don't see it being any more than 15%, but I could be wrong. Make sure that you are on their FB page and subscribe to their newsletter to find out more info.

I subscribed to the newsletter recently so hopefully I will be informed of some good stuff going on in general and BF and I'll post on here when I find out. I have yet to make my own whipped shea mix but it would be nice to get it that creamy (man that stuff is like a dream the way it comes in the container and it truly is moisturizing for my transitioning and relaxed strands). Thanks Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th November 2010, 9:47 am

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
Darcy's Avocado and Wild plum twisting cream
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura 11th November 2010, 10:04 am

Nothing!! surprisingly. I've been eying the Say Yes to Cucumbers shampoo and conditioner. But I am making myself use up what I have first ( I have 3/4 of the 34oz bottle of Giovanni Smooth as silk conditioner.)

I've been good Smile
Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 11th November 2010, 10:07 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Princess, how do you plan to you the honey and Hemp condish and also how do you use your grape seed oil? Both are on my list.

Hi Naturalnolagirl. I used teh Honey Hemp conditioner as a DC after shampooing with a sulfate free shampoo. I was covered my hair with a plastic cap and I sat under the dryer on low for about 20 minutes. When I rinsed it out, my hair was wonderfully soft, I loved it.

As for the grapeseed oil, I have been using it at night to seal my ends when I cornrow (for a braidout the next day). I also use it for banding. I detangle and section my hair when wet, then apply a small amount of grapeseed oil to each section before banding. It seems to melt into my hair and makes it supre soft and smooth after I take the bands out. I have also mixed in other conditioners when I DC with great results.

I got a large bottle for about $3.99 at Trader Joes. Well worth it.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 11th November 2010, 7:32 pm

I thought that I would try something different since it has been awhile since I added anything to my stash of goodies.....My purchase was PANTENE CURLY CURL SHAPER GEL....

DON'T DO IT! this left my hair soooo sticky....this might not be a pantene product for my nappy hair texture.
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 13th November 2010, 3:08 pm

Big 80oz jar of Ecostyler Brown Gel.. Sallys have the 16 oz jar on sale for $2.88
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th November 2010, 3:00 pm

Well...I went to a Nappiology Expo last weekend and copped some stuff for super cheap!

Jane Carter Leave In Conditioner
Taliah Waajid Detangler, Leave In, and Lock Gel

I've never tried these, but at 3 for $10 I couldn't pass it up.

CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 14th November 2010, 3:35 pm

I was doing great until i went to that hair expo last weekend and bought the following:
Taliah Wajiid protective mist bodifier , the Loc it up gel (regular), and the Loc it up (extra hold)...all 3 for 10$ Smile
and a shampoo from natural-epiphany (OMG!!!! The most moiturizing shampoo i have EVER used!!!!)....

So far i give the protective mist and that shampoo 10 out of 10.....money well spent!!! lol
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next