CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nmoultry hair journey

+30
SheeTacular
Stacye
Juices-n-Berries
CocaColaCutie
Leila
Freestyles
loveself247
Intelligentbeauty
lena73
Lynnieluve
Pinkrage
Enchantment
BlondeByDesire
CocoEuro
d.denise
Lanamarie
Natural Wheezes
Free2009
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
tiashaunteé
rebelrocks
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
jamaicacurl
dajewel
curlycaramelo
Corygentri
Serenity23
nmoultry
34 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty nmoultry hair journey

Post by nmoultry 12th November 2009, 6:20 pm

Will re-post later

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty Bedtime Hair

Post by nmoultry 12th November 2009, 8:44 pm

Hello Curly Divas!

So I will be wearing my hair in a headband tomorrow. I think. I just sleeked my edges down and tied them down with a silk wrap. I did it tonight so that my hair will be dry when I leave the house in the a.m. I go to work at 6:30 so at that time of morning that gel feels like cold water when that wind is whipping. What did I do? I sprayed my edges with water and I put some edge tamer and coconut oil on there.

nmoultry hair journey Novemb19

nmoultry hair journey Novemb20

nmoultry hair journey Novemb21

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty Re: nmoultry hair journey

Post by Serenity23 12th November 2009, 11:45 pm

Your edges look very sleek. I never slick my edges down at night. I probably should. I do use Miss Jessies baby buttercreme and brush them down sometimes after I style my hair. But I find that it starts to look frizzy after a while. Do u pick and fluff your curls to make them bigger as the week goes on?
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 13th November 2009, 12:05 am

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - waiting patiently for some length again!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 9:44 am

Serenity23 wrote:Your edges look very sleek. I never slick my edges down at night. I probably should. I do use Miss Jessies baby buttercreme and brush them down sometimes after I style my hair. But I find that it starts to look frizzy after a while. Do u pick and fluff your curls to make them bigger as the week goes on?

Hi Serenity,

Yes I fluff the curls every morning and I pull them apart as the week progresses. I think I roll them so tight that they don't lose form easy. I'm not complaining, but it's time to cowash tonight or tomorrow and I still have a ton of curls. I sleek my edges if I'm going to wear a headband. Also my gym hair on my edges begin to surface towards the end of the week. OF COURSE I only sweat in my head. I can't figure that out. I can be in aerobics or cycling thinking I'm doing that dang thang and then I feel my hair and I slow down...terrible I know

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 9:47 am

Corygentri wrote:Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - waiting patiently for some length again!

Thank you Diva, I bet you can rod your hair now. Think about how your hair stretches out when it's wet?? I bet you can. Give the gray or blue rods a try.

Also I saw your baby's hair and it's gorgeous and healthy. When she gets older DO NOT let her talk you into a perm. I so wish my mommy would've not caved in. She said she was hearing me in her sleep asking for a perm

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty Hair Today November 13

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 10:13 am

Goodmorning Curly Divas,

I just realized that it's Friday the 13th....anyway

My rod set is still hanging on with 3 days of working out. Lastnight I posted pics of sleek edges. I had to because my edges were rising like self-rising flour. I pulled my curls apart but I think they do whatever they feel like doing at the moment. I love rod sets because I seriously do nothing to my hair for a week.

nmoultry hair journey Novemb22

nmoultry hair journey Novemb23

nmoultry hair journey Novemb24

nmoultry hair journey Novemb25

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 11:22 am

What are the benefits of a steamer? According to readings steamer adds the following benefits when properly used:

· Better Circulation in Scalp leading to better hair growth

· Cleanses Scalp, removing dirt and dead skin

· Brings moisture to your Roots and hair shaft

· Leaves your hair soft and smooth

· Great for Dandruff Sufferer’s: My scalp rarely even itches now!!!

· Stops Dryness and hair Breakage

· Makes hair stronger and healthier

· Improves Hair Color Treatments

· Can also act as a Facial Steamer

Hair steamers are so great for hair treatment is that it will improve circulation with the steam and the heat will then open up your follicles and hair shaft cuticles and this allows moisture as well as your hair treatment product to enter the hair shaft.

So what is the weekend hair plan? Tonight I will be doing an Essential Oil Steam Treatment using Ojon Restorative Treatment and Coconut oil. I love the Ojon as an Oil treatment. I will not use it as a leave in because to me the smell is a little strong and IMO as a leave in will be a little too greasy.

What is the benefit of an Oil Steam Treatment? I can only speak from my experience of course. I started steaming during the summer months. I can honestly say that since I’ve been steaming with oils I haven’t had the first dandruff problem this fall. It seems that from season to season I normally experience a little flaking at the scalp. The steam treatment lifts the dead skin cells and leave scalp clean.

How do I apply the product? I mix a little coconut oil with the Ojon. I apply product all over DRY hair, massaging into hair and scalp thoroughly. I turn the steamer on the higher setting and I sit under there WITHOUT a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

***Using a cap with the steamer is not necessary so the steam can penetrate your scalp and bring moisture straight to the roots and hair shaft. The cap would block this because it would just heat the outside of the cap

How often do I use the steamer? I use the steamer weekly for my deep treatment. Also I’ve incorporated oil steams to my weekly regimen. I’ve read that a steamer can be used twice per week depending on condition of hair.

After my hair cools off from the steam, I will proceed with my weekly regimen. I will co-wash my hair and put on a deep treatment and go back to the steamer for 30 minutes. Allow hair to cool again, rinse and get to rodding.

Tonight as I let my hair air-dry some I will be baking a cake. Once I put the cake in the oven I will sit under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes. I will remove cake from oven, allow it to cool for 10 minutes, remove cakes from pans and then I will wash dishes and finish cleaning kitchen. After all of that is done I will remove perm rods from my hair, put on my bonnet and go to bed. In the morning I will separate curls and fluff!!!!!!

nmoultry hair journey Novemb26

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by curlycaramelo 13th November 2009, 11:27 am

I love your hair!!! It's amazing nmoultry hair journey Icon_biggrin . I tried doing your rod set over the weekend with the orange rods and it didn't work out nmoultry hair journey Icon_cry. I'm going to go to my beauty supply on my next pay and maybe go up a size. I can't wait for my hair to look like yours nmoultry hair journey Icon_biggrin
curlycaramelo
curlycaramelo

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 11:44 am

CurlyCaramelo, I'm sorry your hair didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. You should've posted pictures because I bet you just thought it didn't work. We are out own WORSE critic. I've used the orange ones before but I actually prefer the purple ones up top and gray in the back. I'm going to experiment with all purple soon or maybe even all gray (but I know those will be super curly).

What do you think went wrong with the set? What did you use? You should try again and post pictures nmoultry hair journey Icon_smile

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty Rod Set Tutorial

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 4:24 pm

Rod setting Natural Hair:

This can also be a great transitioning style.

FYI: Determine how you want your curls before rodding hair: I like a ton of curls therefore I use a ton of rollers.

Tools Needed:

Wide Tooth Comb

Rat Tail Comb

Perm Rods (I use the purple ones as well as the gray ones)

Hair clips

Leave-in conditioner

Setting lotion, if desired (I dilute my setting lotion with leave-in conditioner)

Elasta QP Mango Butter (or whatever you choose to use to seal ends)

Hooded Dryer (optional)

Glosser or oil sheen

Satin Bonnet

Step-By- Step Instructions:

1. Begin with clean hair

2. Using Wide tooth comb, detangle hair from end to root

3. Section Hair in 4 parts (as if you were making 4 ponytails). Apply a little leave in condition to each section (so that hair doesn’t dry) and pin hair out of the way using hair clips

4. I always begin on my back left side. Start at nape of neck, part a small section of hair using rat tail comb ( I use fairly small sections because in my experience its harder to rod with too much hair on perm rod)

5. Spray that parted section of hair with leave-in concoction or whatever styling aid you’re using for your wet set. Using comb distribute evenly on hair

6. Put a dab of oil on your ends

7. To begin rolling hair start at the end, roll hair up the rod pulling as you go (doing this will get your roots fairly straight as well and it will also smooth hair)

8. Secure rod at root by fastening

9. Repeat steps 2-8 until the entire head is complete

10. Allow to dry. I normally air-dry for 1 hour and I sit under hooded dryer for 30 minutes

11. When you removing perm rods be sure to do this carefully because you do not want to alter the curl as you remove. I remove one rod at a time in a spiraling manner

12. When all rods are removed, I mist my hair with a glosser for added shine

This style lasts me for exactly one week and that’s with working out.

How do I maintain style? Each night I apply either coconut oil to my hair or I spray oil sheen and I cover hair with satin bonnet. Each morning I separate curls a little more and I fluff hair to make it fuller

Back View
nmoultry hair journey Rodset15

Front View

nmoultry hair journey Rodset16

Just removed rollers back view and front view
nmoultry hair journey Rodset17

nmoultry hair journey Rodset18

The following is actually day 3 hair:

nmoultry hair journey 3rd_da11

This is a rod set result I did following a essential oil steam treatment:

nmoultry hair journey Nov_9_13

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 9:04 pm

i love how you set up the hair dryer!! so cozy!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 9:23 pm

dajewel wrote:i love how you set up the hair dryer!! so cozy!!!

Thank you! I had to do something to make it comfy and not think about my ears getting hot. I read my magazines during that time also

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 9:50 pm

so chic!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 13th November 2009, 11:02 pm

Thanks nmoultry. I seriously spend a lot more time on her hair then I do my own. We have hair night every Saturday and Wednesday nights after bath to do her hair. We watch Clean house or DVRd episodes of Dancing with the Stars together while I do her hair.

You know - I think I have some Orange rods in my linen closet that I only used once. You are right - maybe I should try a rod set. A roller set on magnetic rollers when I had a relaxer was a regular do for me and I miss it. I copied and pasted your instructions in a word document so I will be giving it a try soon. I'm gonna henna my hair this weekend so I will post some pics soon.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 13th November 2009, 11:09 pm

I love the way the rod set looks!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 11:18 pm

@Corygentri: Go ahead and try the set. I've always been a wet set chick also just because I get up too early in the morning and don't have time to do hair. I bet your daughter is loving being pampered by mommy twice a week....tell her to enjoy it

@JamaicaCurl: Thanks! I put the mix chicks are over my hair before I roll. I think it helps to define the curl. I could be wrong but I hope not.

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

nmoultry hair journey Empty November 14

Post by nmoultry 14th November 2009, 11:30 pm

Hello there Curly Divas,

So I did 2 things today. I made an Italian Cream Cake with toasted pecans and I attempted a wash 'n go.In the world of cake I was successful, and as for the wash 'n go I'm going to let that go until the summer. I have extremely tight spirals and I think when my hair gets longer it will look better. I will be sticking to the rod sets until I get more length. So tonight I will be washing my wall where I splattered icing

nmoultry hair journey Nov_1410

In this photo you can see how my hair is cut....Booyas!!!
nmoultry hair journey Nov14_10

I tried to pull the front up thinking it would make the wash n go look better but NAH

nmoultry hair journey Nov14_11

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 14th November 2009, 11:36 pm

Pretty curls.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 15th November 2009, 1:15 am

Thanks ALatina!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 15th November 2009, 1:22 am

My wash 'n go was actually a wash 'n don't go!!!!!!

What did I do about it?
I co-washed hair with AO white camelia. I think I'm going to retire the HETT because I have migraines and the smell makes my head hurt. Anywho-- I applied deep conditioner to my hair, put on a plastic bag, covered the plastic bag with a silk scarf, and put on a satin cap. This is how I will sleep tonight.

When I wake up in the morning I will remove all the outer coverings LOL then I will remove the plastic bag, add more conditioner and steam. Then it's back to the rod set.........while hair is air drying I will make a pound cake to take to my parents house for Sunday dinner

Have a good night Curly Divas!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 15th November 2009, 11:53 am

Ok the cake and your hair both look great!
My friend just got a steamer and she has been sooo excited and anxious to use it! I told her to check out this site because I've seen a few people discussing it and what kind of treatments they use with it. I think she did it last night after buying Lisa's Hair Elixer (Carol's Daughter). If you don't mind, I'd like to forward the info you posted above to her.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2009, 11:54 am

nmoultry wrote:Goodmorning Curly Divas,

I just realized that it's Friday the 13th....anyway

My rod set is still hanging on with 3 days of working out. Lastnight I posted pics of sleek edges. I had to because my edges were rising like self-rising flour. I pulled my curls apart but I think they do whatever they feel like doing at the moment. I love rod sets because I seriously do nothing to my hair for a week.

nmoultry hair journey Novemb22

nmoultry hair journey Novemb23

nmoultry hair journey Novemb24

nmoultry hair journey Novemb25
nmoultry hair journey 617583 I love your hair! I think I can do a rod set now...My curls are just so tight, it's not as short as it looks...You give me inspiration sis!! Thanks nmoultry hair journey 678474
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2009, 11:57 am

nmoultry wrote:What are the benefits of a steamer? According to readings steamer adds the following benefits when properly used:

· Better Circulation in Scalp leading to better hair growth

· Cleanses Scalp, removing dirt and dead skin

· Brings moisture to your Roots and hair shaft

· Leaves your hair soft and smooth

· Great for Dandruff Sufferer’s: My scalp rarely even itches now!!!

· Stops Dryness and hair Breakage

· Makes hair stronger and healthier

· Improves Hair Color Treatments

· Can also act as a Facial Steamer

Hair steamers are so great for hair treatment is that it will improve circulation with the steam and the heat will then open up your follicles and hair shaft cuticles and this allows moisture as well as your hair treatment product to enter the hair shaft.

So what is the weekend hair plan? Tonight I will be doing an Essential Oil Steam Treatment using Ojon Restorative Treatment and Coconut oil. I love the Ojon as an Oil treatment. I will not use it as a leave in because to me the smell is a little strong and IMO as a leave in will be a little too greasy.

What is the benefit of an Oil Steam Treatment? I can only speak from my experience of course. I started steaming during the summer months. I can honestly say that since I’ve been steaming with oils I haven’t had the first dandruff problem this fall. It seems that from season to season I normally experience a little flaking at the scalp. The steam treatment lifts the dead skin cells and leave scalp clean.

How do I apply the product? I mix a little coconut oil with the Ojon. I apply product all over DRY hair, massaging into hair and scalp thoroughly. I turn the steamer on the higher setting and I sit under there WITHOUT a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

***Using a cap with the steamer is not necessary so the steam can penetrate your scalp and bring moisture straight to the roots and hair shaft. The cap would block this because it would just heat the outside of the cap

How often do I use the steamer? I use the steamer weekly for my deep treatment. Also I’ve incorporated oil steams to my weekly regimen. I’ve read that a steamer can be used twice per week depending on condition of hair.

After my hair cools off from the steam, I will proceed with my weekly regimen. I will co-wash my hair and put on a deep treatment and go back to the steamer for 30 minutes. Allow hair to cool again, rinse and get to rodding.

Tonight as I let my hair air-dry some I will be baking a cake. Once I put the cake in the oven I will sit under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes. I will remove cake from oven, allow it to cool for 10 minutes, remove cakes from pans and then I will wash dishes and finish cleaning kitchen. After all of that is done I will remove perm rods from my hair, put on my bonnet and go to bed. In the morning I will separate curls and fluff!!!!!!

nmoultry hair journey Novemb26
My Stylist is a fan of Hydration and natural hair. I am going to her to get my ends trimmed and hydration after thanksgiving. I think I will have her do my rod set. LOL! I LOVE your hair! wait did I say that already?? nmoultry hair journey Lol
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 15th November 2009, 11:58 am

jamaicacurl wrote:Ok the cake and your hair both look great!
My friend just got a steamer and she has been sooo excited and anxious to use it! I told her to check out this site because I've seen a few people discussing it and what kind of treatments they use with it. I think she did it last night after buying Lisa's Hair Elixer (Carol's Daughter). If you don't mind, I'd like to forward the info you posted above to her.

Of course I don't mind!! Tell her you have more experience with the steamer and you need to try it to make sure she is using it correctly..LOL no but seriously use it every chance you get and you will fall in love with it.

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next