CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you buy...November 2010?

+59
NaturallyStacie
thehfxgrrl
CurlyChefRobin
sweetnsassi
Neems
creolebeauty1
fanmnatirel
CurlsGalore
TaSiaJaY
Sakura
Choctaw
Keisha
butterfly3000
naturalblkbeauty10
Curlock Holmes
NikiD1908
BigLipTiff
yacoomba
jenerett
TwistedKurlzz
PrincessRN
kekesmom29
drmsd
BeautifullyFree
AdriEm
natural83
DeltaAce2006
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
MomnWife
naturallynola
mocha_mom
dyamonds10
sonance
Fleur
blkbeauty2010
pie
firety47
KinkyNappyHappy
jazzynatural
Alanija
natchralme
Niqui36
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
letha
mahoganytresses
jeanlouisangel
krazy coils
rayray19
suqiit
SwirlyCurls90
mimismom
Sebastain13
Lynnieluve
Ladybug83
EMarie
Ebbz
LaToya28
63 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you buy...November 2010? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you buy...November 2010?

Post by AdriEm 6th November 2010, 2:05 am

I bought some Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade to try for twists since I've heard good things. My gawd that smell is like Aunte Jemima on my head, it's a little overpowering but it faded eventually. I still haven't tried it on my hair though. I already got attacked by a squirrel, I'm not sure if I could handle hungry college students or birds thinking my head was a waffle just yet.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

What did you buy...November 2010? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you buy...November 2010?

Post by Fleur 6th November 2010, 2:58 am

Bwahhhh! A squirrel? I'm sorry but.....bwahaha! Girl, for protection purposes carry some of those fake Thanksgiving pine cone and acorns in your pocket. The next time it tries to run up on you, just throw them and run! By the time it figures out that it's been duped, you will be long gone! Take that, you furry, little rat-looking animal!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 6th November 2010, 3:13 am

I'm proud to say i bought nothing wise in October an nothing else this month so far..trying to use what i have...but black friday will be here sooooooon enough and THEN theres no telling what i'll have done
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 6th November 2010, 3:16 am

fleur_nouvelle wrote:Bwahhhh! A squirrel? I'm sorry but.....bwahaha! Girl, for protection purposes carry some of those fake Thanksgiving pine cone and acorns in your pocket. The next time it tries to run up on you, just throw them and run! By the time it figures out that it's been duped, you will be long gone! Take that, you furry, little rat-looking animal!

lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 6th November 2010, 10:21 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:I have the treatment masque. I am not pleased with it as a DT, but it works well as a leave-in. I sometime use it to smooth my edges only because I am trying to get rid of it. I won't repurchase. I am not big on shea heavey products and I noticed that is why I have been getting build-up. Also, it worked better for me on dry hair. It makes the hair very soft though. Even when I eliminated the KCNT, it wasn't helpful on wet hair.

Well on my way to WF to get some flax seed. I want to make the flax seed gel. My curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Here is a link from a blogger. This was her experience. We know everyone 's hair is different, but I still like to see what people are saying.

Good luck and let me know the outcome.

Well last night I washed and DC'd...need to re-up on my AO WC btw. I used the SM Curl and Style Milk as a leave-in and it made my hair dry cottony soft with less shrinkage. However there was no shine at all and I know I didn't use a lot of it. When my hair was about 85% dry, I flat twisted with the Smoothie. It was ok, but there's still no shine. I'll report back later about how my twistout turns out.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 6th November 2010, 2:41 pm

fleur_nouvelle wrote:Bwahhhh! A squirrel? I'm sorry but.....bwahaha! Girl, for protection purposes carry some of those fake Thanksgiving pine cone and acorns in your pocket. The next time it tries to run up on you, just throw them and run! By the time it figures out that it's been duped, you will be long gone! Take that, you furry, little rat-looking animal!

HAHAHA! That actually sounds like a good idea, especially since I'm twisting tomorrow. I seriously thought I was going to get rabies not I just have a scar and funny story. Heh, worked out I guess.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by drmsd 7th November 2010, 6:56 am

My parents are coming for a visit so I've put them to work so they won't come with their empty hands Very Happy :

Yes to Cucumbers: I'm out of Moisture Maniac, so I wanted to try it
Jamila Henna: I'll do that when I go home
Pins: I'm in PS mode for a while. So my hair is usually in twists that I pin up
Whipped Shea Butter: I like the EQP Mango Butter, but I don't like the cones. I have fine hair, so build up is an issue.
drmsd
drmsd

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 7th November 2010, 10:09 am

Nothing so far...trying to use what I have. It helps that I have these yarn twists in...so minimal products for a while....

*I see everyone mentioning waiting until Black Friday....they have sales/deals on hair products on BF?!!? bounce
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 7th November 2010, 1:08 pm

I have purchased quite a bit this month so far:

1. Qhemet Honeybush Tea soft gel
2. Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
3. Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer
4. Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
5. Oyin Honey and Hemp conditioner
6. Oyin Shine and define
7. Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
8. Grapeseed Oil
9. Various hair accessories
10. Denman Brush

I want to say this is it for the month, but....you know how that goes ladies!
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 2:40 pm

Princess, how do you plan to you the honey and Hemp condish and also how do you use your grape seed oil? Both are on my list.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 7th November 2010, 6:27 pm

So far this month, I have purchased the following:

*Darcy Botanicals Avocado and Wild Plum Twisting Cream
*Darcy Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask
*Darcy Botanicals Coconut & Cupuacu Butter Pomade
*Darcy Botanicals Daily Leave-in Conditioner
*Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Curl Conditioner

I plan on getting a few more things from this line, because their products work really great on mine and my daughter's hair.

TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 7th November 2010, 8:33 pm

I bought castor oil and sweet almond oil for the first time. And I finally used up my coconut oil so I had to buy a new jar of that. I shouldn't need any more hair products for at least a couple months.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 10:39 pm

Lynnie, your son is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 7th November 2010, 10:43 pm

I bought Jojoba Hemp Balm and Califia Leave In conditioner from Komaza Haircare. I've been eyeing that Quemets Alma and Heavy Cream (sigh), but I already have a pound of Unrefined Shea that I said I'm going to whip up myself adding in something. The PJ is raging in me again- I need to stop reading so many reviews and posts Embarassed
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 7th November 2010, 11:44 pm

I've purchased Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I never really had a good DC so we'll see how this goes.

I just ran out if KCKT and wanted to try something different so Giovanni it up for the test now. I'm working to tame my PJ-ism so I won't be buying anything else until I run out unless I see some great deals on Black Friday.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 8th November 2010, 12:00 am

BigLipTiff - I love it. A true PJ. Won't be buying anything else, but you left the door open "unless I see some great deals on Black Friday"" LOL. As for me, I guess I am not ready to rehabilitate yet Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 1:36 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Lynnie, your son is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Thanks! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 9th November 2010, 10:09 am

Mozeke's Babassu Twisting Cream and Whipped Avocado Cream

http://www.mozekeproducts.com/

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 10:20 am

OK ladies I THOUGHT Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie was going to be my winter styling option....not so much!! My hair is dull, greasy and lets just say I have a head band on and Im seriously going to bun it before I leave the house today!! I tried it on wet hair and last night I dry twisted....just not feeling it!

Any suggestions for a styler? Or I am I back to KCCC which is the only thing I have found that defines the curl and tames the frizz. I get crunch but that's still better than frizz.

Oh and did I mention I bought Shea Moisture Smoothie and masque this month along with Organix Coconut conditioner, Suave Naturals to wash out the henna, henna, amla, and I know there is something else but I cant remember what! PJism at its finest! Shocked
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:41 am

Marie, sorry your results were not what you intended! Personally, shea heavy products are too much for me. To be honest, I use Kimmaytube leave-in and my twist or braid out is well defined, moisturized, and without any holding product, I get 3 day braidout or twistout. In the summer, I used whipped shea and aloe vera gel w/ a little coconut oil (just a bit). That worked fine too. I have used curls creme brulee and really, I can use any lotion consistency leave-in condish and get the same well-defined, moisturized twist-braid/out. You might try one of these and you won't have heavy hair. If you need some hold, I find Curls Goddess Gel and DM Miracurl work very well for me. I just really don't like gel. I'd rather transition the out style into some kind of updo. Hope you find the key!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 11:05 am

Hi Natural....I think I may have to accept shea is to heavy for my hair as well. I will have to give Kimmaytube's leave in a try as I have heard nothing but good things about it! Lotion based products are good for leave ins for me but not heavy enough to combat the frizz....ah well guess I will continue to feed my pjism....I do want to try the creme brulee...Target didnt have any and the Miracurl...guess we shall see! Thanks for your help.
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by NikiD1908 9th November 2010, 11:27 am

I bought Sheamoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smootie --- so far, I am NOT impressed... Felt like it left my strands coated. Will try using it on damp hair for a b-n-c and hope I get better results... The smell is divine, tho Smile

NikiD1908

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 1:03 pm

NikiD1908 wrote:
I bought Sheamoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smootie --- so far, I am NOT impressed... Felt like it left my strands coated. Will try using it on damp hair for a b-n-c and hope I get better results... The smell is divine, tho Smile

Ok well at least it isnt just me and yes it does smell great!! I think Im going to try Miracurl...here we go again!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by NikiD1908 9th November 2010, 1:13 pm

^^ Nope, you're not alone.

I've been eyeing the Ohm Body Sweet Hair Pudding...need to see some more positive reviews on it... But my mouth has been practically watering over it...just like a darn crackhead! Smh

NikiD1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 9th November 2010, 1:58 pm

I bought a bunch of samples of Chagrin Valley soaps, and I also need to buy castor oil, rhassoul/bentonite clay, some sort of oil like avacado or sweet almond. I also want to buy some different butters and marshmallow root powder. (I've got the mixtress itch!).
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next