CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just wanna know...

+3
Fleur
kinksncurls
Renny
7 posters

Go down

I just wanna know... Empty I just wanna know...

Post by Renny 22nd October 2010, 9:23 pm

Am I the only natural head on the earth that can't use Kimmaytube's leave-in? I've tried it with two oils and two different conditioners. My hair hates it. I feel so alone. Why my naps?

Please tell me if you can't use it either so we can bond and start our own support group, for real. Sad
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

I just wanna know... Empty Re: I just wanna know...

Post by kinksncurls 22nd October 2010, 9:24 pm

My hair wasn't a fan of it either. But my hair doesn't like oils applied to it unless its a hot oil treatment that I'm going to wash out
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 22nd October 2010, 9:59 pm

Nope, can't use it either. It was too greasy for me no matter how hard I tried to tweak it.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd October 2010, 10:09 pm

@ Renny - Which oils and conditioners did you try?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 22nd October 2010, 10:22 pm

LOL, my hair didn't like it either. I had to use my (what use to be a good cheap product) Shea Amla by AfroVeda, took half of it and added 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Juice and 2 tablespoons of JBCO. That pretty much did the trick, the ph balance is right around 4.5 for me.

Since every batch of AfroVeda is different (wish I would have known this earlier) I might have to change the ratio later. I only have 2 jars of the Shea Amla from them and 2 jars of the cocolatte. I will be adding my version of the kimmaytube to it and calling it a day.

Still not repurchasing from AfroVeda.

After my AfroVeda runs out I will have to come up with another KimmayTube method, I'm thinking of using KBB Hair Milk in it's place or HairVeda's Whipped Creme end hydration.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 22nd October 2010, 10:24 pm

Renny, girl you're just strange! Love you though!
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th October 2010, 1:11 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:@ Renny - Which oils and conditioners did you try?

I tried it with my Nexxus Humectin. The next day my hair was dry. I decided it was the castor oil, because I really don't think my hair is liking castor oil, so I tried cocount oil which I love. Still not cool. So then I tried the Yes to Cukes Leave-in with coconut oil (instead of the castor). Then finally, I tried the Yes to Cukes with EVOO and no good.

What happens is my hair turns into a grease ball. When it finally dries it really oily. Each time I twisted my hair after putting in the leave-in and the next day it's just dry. I hadn't switched out the Jojoba oil because I know my hair likes jojoba just like it likes cocount so I'm just not going to bother. I started to try one more time with Giovanni Direct but the truth is I love Giovanni as is so I don't think I'll bother.

I may try it in the future when my hair is longer if I begin to experience dryness once I start twisting and braiding. But for now it's not for me. I also have pretty fine hair.

Last edited by Renny on 24th October 2010, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th October 2010, 2:58 pm

I think key ingredient that makes the mix so great is the aloe vera juice. When and if you try it again, instead of 4 table spoons of oils, try 2 tablespoons of light oils. Another great light oil is avocado.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 24th October 2010, 6:57 pm

Thanks, Lynn. My hair loves aloe vera juice. I use it everyday without fail and my hair stays moist. That's why I figured my hair would love this stuff, but no go. I'd like to get some avocado oil. I heard it was good for fine hair. Reducing the oil is a great suggestion too. Thanks.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 24th October 2010, 7:19 pm

Since you know that your hair loves GDLI, aloe vera juice and jojoba oil, use those ingredients plus another oil that your hair loves. I make mine with GDLI, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil and castor oil.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down