CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna Henna...but need help!

3 posters

Go down

Wanna Henna...but need help! Empty Wanna Henna...but need help!

Post by MinniChica 16th December 2009, 5:35 pm

Hey everyone!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ALL OF YOU LADIES HAVE SUCH BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm still a newbie here but after looking at hair boards and this forum I DESPERATELY WANNA TRY HENNA!!!!! My natural hair seems to be in a downward spiral [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , i'm hoping maybe this will help. But I've got some questions for you seasoned veterans out there.

First, I'm really not interested in the color that goes along with it just the conditioning, strengthening etc. I saw in curlynikki's tutorial that she mixes hers, showers and puts it right on without waiting for the dye to release. Could I do the same thing but rinse it out before the dye releases and still get all the benefits? has anyone done this?

If I can't go the above route, what is the least amount of time I could leave it on my head once the dye releases and still reap the benefits?

Thanks for all your help ladies!
MinniChica
MinniChica

Back to top Go down

Wanna Henna...but need help! Empty Re: Wanna Henna...but need help!

Post by jlowman1 16th December 2009, 6:16 pm

You may want to try Cassia instead of henna... Its called "neutral henna" (even though there is no such thing), but it gives the same conditioning effects as henna without the red color. Here's a link for you:

http://mehndiskinart.com/cassia_obovata.htm

Also Ch. 8 of this Ebook from Hennaforhair.com has alot of info about cassia and henna as well...

http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf

Hope this helps!

Last edited by jlowman1 on 16th December 2009, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a link)
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by MinniChica 17th December 2009, 12:48 pm

Thank you so much for your help!
MinniChica
MinniChica

Back to top Go down

Post by lina40 22nd December 2009, 6:49 pm

you can make your paste with warm water, apply it and leave it on for less than an hr with minimal to no color for Jamila and other hennas.

you can also try cassia (nicknamed neutral henna) and it gives the same henna effects without the color. you can even use chamomile tea in lieu of water or a touch of tumeric and cinnamon for blond/brown highlights.

Let us know how your mix turns out!
Blessings!

Lina
lina40
lina40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down