CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna be my Lil Sis??

3 posters

Go down

Wanna be my Lil Sis?? Empty Wanna be my Lil Sis??

Post by cassadie3 12th February 2010, 6:40 pm

Hi hi!

I love hair. I love natural hair. I love the natural hair community and would love to take a newbie beneath my wing!

I'm a 4a with a super thick and super dense head of teeny tiny curls. I transitioned for a year and BC'ed in November of 2009. I have a blog which you can check out here Natural Selection

Im excited and want to share this great experience with you!!!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Wanna be my Lil Sis?? Empty Re: Wanna be my Lil Sis??

Post by TMS 12th February 2010, 8:19 pm

Hi cassadie3 - I would love to be your Lil Sis. I'm in El Cerrito and will be attending our Curly Meetup in April.

I have approximately 1/4 of new growth and I'm definitely 4a - very tight tiny coils.

I'm going to your blog right now.

Thanks for the offer,
TMS
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 12th February 2010, 9:09 pm

Fantastic!!! I would love to have you as a Lil Sis. I'm really excited for the meet up and I feel lucky to have a Lil Sis that I get to meet in person!

Ok, so what's your hairstory---from what I can glean you had texturizers and then chopped it all? Or have you not chopped yet?

El Cerrito, eh? I have family in Berkeley, work in Oakland (but my main project is in Albany), and live in SF so we're definitely close!

~~~Cassidy~~~
cassadie3
cassadie3

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 12th February 2010, 11:42 pm

I've had a texturizer for the last 5 years or so and decided the first of this year I needed a change. For the past 20 years or so, I've had short hair because I do not like the hair salon drama and I believe in low maintance when it comes to my hair.

I was going to little chop on Jan. 8th, but decided that I needed more growth. So, my target date is the end of March.

I have family in Berkeley, grew up in Berkeley and work in Berkeley. Maybe we could have lunch when you're in your Albany location. I'm changing my avatar so that you know what I look like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the way, I love your blog. And, the professional pics were simply beautiful. Was that red lipstick you wore in the pics? I've been looking for the "perfect" shade of red. You and I look like we're the same complexion.

Tracy
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 17th February 2010, 3:56 am

Hi Tracy!

So sorry to be so MIA--holiday weekend...you know Smile

Glad you liked the blog and the pix!

So I've never had a texturizer before---what exactly does it do to your hair and how has your transition been as you grow it out?

I totally support pushing back your chop date until when you're ready...so that will make it 4 months total of transitioning, right? Do you plan on keeping your hair shorter once totally natural or are you going to grow it out?

I would love to get lunch in Berkeley sometime! I'm over there a lot so we'll just have to keep in touch...and if you're ever in downtown Oakland or Jack London Square...thats where I work, so let me know!

~~~Cassidy~~~
cassadie3
cassadie3

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 17th February 2010, 8:27 pm

Hi Cassidy,

No need to apologize, I hope you had a great weekend.

A texturizer is a perm that curls your hair as opposed to straigthening the hair. What's funny, is that my hair is growing naturally curly and here I've been texturizing it for the last 5 or 6 years! My plan is to let my hair grow as long as it wants (it's going to take every fiber in my being not to cut it - I'm so low maintenance LOL).

I'm thinking of making a trip to the city to do some shoe shopping or to go to Jeremy's. If I do, I'll let you know to see if you're available.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by missdd83 19th February 2010, 3:36 pm

Hey Cassidy

Im in need of a big sis. just did the BC this past wed, now have quarter inch of hair.

Miss Tracy your hair looks devine, have you did the BC?

Anyway stay blessed ladies
missdd83
missdd83

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 19th February 2010, 4:09 pm

Hi Missdd83!

Welcome!

Thanks for the compliment. My plan is to do the BC at the end of March, but it depends on how much growth I have at the time --You know some areas are thicker than others. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down