CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youtube Wars

+69
Free2BMe :)
letha
cha_phylicia
tiffytaffey
rayray19
tashafawn24
Spiralos
sheabutterlover
sonance
Rock'n Natural Curls
Thinice
popsbaby
summerbreeze76
Karyn
yacoomba
Naturally Esq
Nali1987
Cherry: extraordinary!
PanaR3dd
NaturalTina
kbelle
Annapolitan
Keisha
suqiit
natchralme
dajewel
chynadoll8799
MEGAFAITH
KinkyNappyHappy
Umph
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
Nikcoils
BajanPrincess82
LadyMika
TwistedKurlzz
Juices-n-Berries
~JOME~
Janique
Fleur
poeticlyspkng
BeautifullyFree
MsJay1121
iri9109
jeanlouisangel
mstokes2008
vivacious00
fanmnatirel
makeupvixen
SisterBoyd
jlowman1
kim
Niqui36
newcurlieque
Renny
Takeya
ShortNSassie
FalconTress
curlya
deeply_rooted_chick
DaButterflyBAP
exhale1913
courtrhapsody
Free2Be
krazy coils
Treece
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
bertlala
73 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Youtube Wars Empty Youtube Wars

Post by bertlala 19th October 2010, 1:50 pm

So, last night I log onto youtube to see what new videos are available from the Vloggers, I subscribe too. I noticed a video entitled "Unnecessary Drama....Really??" pale from Taren916. Now, I love Taren916. She is a fellow NYer and I find her videos very endearing. Long story short, it seems that Kimmaytube took some one of Taren's recent video personally (Re: THE INTEGRITY OF POPULAR YOUTUBE CHANNELS). Although, Kimmay was never mentioned in the video - she took the message personally.

Now, all this back and forth with these different youtubers have me thinking - "Am I the only one a little taken aback Sad by this situation?" I mean, don't get me wrong, I know everyone is human, but why do we have to always cut each other down? On the other hand, why do I care? Have I been caught up in the rapture of this natural youtube world? Am I idolizing these regular women that happen to be natural like me? What do you guys think? confused

Do you idolize youtubers?
bertlala
bertlala

http://naturalbeezwax.onsugar.com/

Back to top Go down

Youtube Wars Empty Re: Youtube Wars

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th October 2010, 1:56 pm

I found it interesting. Love them both for different reasons.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th October 2010, 1:57 pm

The whole situation is just sad! Very disappointing. Whether it is YTers or people I know personally, it's just sad!!

Now to answer your question, "Do you idolize youtubers?" If you asked me this a few days ago, I would have said yes. But after this foolishness, the answer is not anymore. No
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 19th October 2010, 2:00 pm

Well I didn't even know this was going on. I watch videos from whoever when I need some advice or guidance, and I subscribe to a few, but don't necessarily follow anyone on a regular basis. It's too bad that it's had to come down to drama. I'm sure they both do a good job.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by bertlala 19th October 2010, 2:05 pm

I agree. This situation was truly sad., however, this situation put a very human relate-able human face on these youtube Vloggers. They both do, do a great job of providing the natural community with information. I just hate the crab in the barrel mentality. I also don't like that watchers of these channel were being EXTRA harsh in their comments.
bertlala
bertlala

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th October 2010, 2:08 pm

It was definitely interesting watching this and reading the comments. I've never idolized either of them. I watch both of them because they offer different things from a different perspective.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 19th October 2010, 3:04 pm

Of the two, I only subscribe to Taren and I love her videos. I subscribe to other so-called hair gurus, as well, (not Kimmaytube, though) and I like them for what they are or what they provide, i.e. tutorials, product reviews, etc. I don't and never will idolize anyone I don't personally know. I love Taren's videos and others, but I don't have her or anyone else on a pedestal. I appreciate what YT offers and take the info I see and try to apply it to my own routine.

That being said, when I logged in to YouTube last night and watched the videos in question, I was ROFLMAO. First, I found it hilarious that KT went off over such a simple little snub, by someone she doesn't know and shouldn't even care about. Second, as I proceeded to read all the comments and saw people going after each other, I was like, "For real? This is YOUTUBE!" LOL

I don't find it sad or otherwise. I don't think it's a shame or that it proves "we just can't get along". These aren't televangelists or ministers or politicians or people who really have some power over my life and well-being. These are just people making YouTube videos. If they make money from it more power to them...I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort to put the videos together and post them. I sure wouldn't want to spend all my time doing that, so I appreciate the service they provide.

If they have their cyber scuffles, it's all the more entertaining to me flipping back and forth b/t channels to see who said what. It's better than my soaps! Very Happy I'm still laughing about this and how it went from 0-60 in no time flat for no good reason. I'll continue to watch Taren's videos and while KT put me off with her out of control ranting, she still has videos I like and will watch as well. It's not that deep.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 19th October 2010, 3:14 pm

I don't idolize. I have watched all sorts of videos for information. I watch a lot less often than I did right after I BCed and was looking for any and all information. Now I know my hair fairly well and I am happy with it, and I have found that what works for many of the popular youtubers doesn't work for me.

As for the "wars", I hate things that seem petty, especially amongst grown folks and *especially especially* amongst women.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 19th October 2010, 3:20 pm

I find the whole situation unfortunate. I've never idolized either one of them, or any natural who's channel or blog I follow for that manner. At the end of the day, they are regular people just like us, who put their pants on one leg at a time;-).

It's unfortunate to see the negative energy and low blows that people have resorted to, but it's no different than the drama I've seen unfold when more than one woman gathers!!!

hopefully, everything will blow over soon, and all will be well in the neighborhood!!!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 19th October 2010, 3:24 pm

I can't really listen to it (at work). But can someone give a Cliff's Notes for the clueless? I really want to know 'cause I am nosy! Smile

Honestly, I have tried to get into Kimmay and I couldn't. LOL

I don't idolize anyone. No woman is perfect. We have good days and bad days. Unfortunately sometimes we do things that we may regret. Such is life.
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 19th October 2010, 3:27 pm

I already knew kimmay had an attitude but this is kinda sad. I dont idolize her so idc. I like her hair so I'll continue to watch her channel about her hair, but that's about that.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 19th October 2010, 3:45 pm

I'm subscribed to kimmay and have found her videos informative. I had not watched Taren's videos until today. The whole thing is suprising. confused But, I am sure we have all had bad days and react in ways that we normally would not have. Hindsight can be sobering. Embarassed

I agree with exhale1913 - it will al blow over, hopefully sooner than later.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 19th October 2010, 3:45 pm

Do you idolize youtubers?

No, I admire their real accomplishments.
g.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 19th October 2010, 4:08 pm

really unfortunate!
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 19th October 2010, 4:11 pm

I watch both Taren's and Kimmay's videos and enjoy them for the info they provide but don't idolize either of them (or anyone else that I watch on YT).

I agree with Free2Be, I laughed out loud watching Taren's video last night. It's not that serious and it seemed like Taren tried to diffuse some of the issue initially but when her attempts failed, she "went off". I likely would have done the same thing so I thought it was relateable and funny!

I'll still watch both of their videos because they contain useful info!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th October 2010, 5:02 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Now to answer your question, "Do you idolize youtubers?" If you asked me this a few days ago, I would have said yes. But after this foolishness, the answer is not anymore. No

I can't say I idolize anyone but I did respect them. This whole thing is a mess and I'm sick of it. I've never watched Taren, but I'm subscribed to Kimmytube. She has a strong personality, but she's a wonderfully, creative, presenter who's done a lot to inform naturals, especially people like me who knew nothing before watching her. I admire her and appreciate her hard work.

I think it's jealously and that's always ugly. I hope it stops soon or I'm going to start unsubscribing since I don't need it that "real".

Last edited by Renny on 19th October 2010, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bertlala 19th October 2010, 5:05 pm

@Free2Be - I am not going to lie - it was entertaining. I love the back and forth,but what I truly found disheartening was how people took what Kimmaytube said and did to Taren as a personal affront to them. Kimmaytube may need an attitude adjustment, but really do people have to take this stuff so personally. These women are providing a service - that is all. To get so worked up about what one YTer did to another - PLEASE!!! I just think that people idolize these women and don't realize they are "but man" - woman - LOL!!! They are entitled to do and say what they want - you don't like them - don't watch their videos. What really sparked me to post this thread was this video RE: Unnecessary Drama......Really? confused confused confused

I don't know....people really need to examine their priorities. study
bertlala
bertlala

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 19th October 2010, 5:13 pm

DaButterflyBAP wrote:I can't really listen to it (at work). But can someone give a Cliff's Notes for the clueless? I really want to know 'cause I am nosy! Smile

I don't idolize anyone. No woman is perfect. We have good days and bad days. Unfortunately sometimes we do things that we may regret. Such is life.
Hope I'm not breaking any forum "Rules" by offering an abbreviated version of the hoopla. Razz

1. AfricanExport posted a video asking folks to comment on the relationship b/t the vloggers/video makers and their viewers and whether or not marketing strategies turn viewers/subscribers off. She asked for video responses.

2. Several folks made responses, most were viewers.

3. Taren did a response from a vlogger's POV, since most of the other responses were, as I said, from viewers. I felt her response was spot on and informative, i.e. I did not know that YouTube partners were paid for their videos. I like knowing that. I did not know that vlogger's could remove and reupload old videos and be paid for them after making partner, etc.

4. At no point in Taren's video did she mention Kimmaytube at all. I don't watch enough YT videos because not one name came to mind when she mentioned some (in general) vloggers pushing their products. Well, I did think of one person who I won't name, but it WASN'T Kimmaytube.

5. One person commented that Taren's video brought to mind "ahem, ahem" or something like that, "Kimmaytube".

6. A second person agreed.

7. Kimmaytube jumped in and offered her two cents because she was offended. She continued to offer her money's worth through no less than 20 more posts responding to people who were saying, "Taren wasn't even talking about you." "Why don't you ignore the haters and be the bigger person?" etc., etc.

8. Taren came home, got online and saw ONE of Kimmay's responses to these people and was like, "I would never disrespect you. I didn't have you in mind. I don't know why people are hating on you. You have a right to make money, etc. etc."

9. Kimmay came back with several snide remarks basically saying that Taren wasn't sincere, that if she felt that way she should delete those comments and in fact, she/Taren shouldn't have participated in this video response in the first place (as if to suggest it wasn't a worthy topic) and finally, the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak, she/Kimmay suggested that the only reason Taren's and AfricanExports channels are even doing well is because SHE/Kimmay gave them a shout out on her channel. What the flip? LOL

10. Taren finally gave up trying to convince Kimmay that she didn't do anything to her, wasn't talking about her, etc and posted a response to that effect basically saying, "You know, how dare you attack me when I didn't do anything."

I may have a twisted sense of humor, but since I don't know these two people personally and I'm not a disciple of them, I just find this hi-larious. Laughing

Last edited by Free2Be on 19th October 2010, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 19th October 2010, 5:18 pm

Free2be you summed it up perfectly lol!!! Just ridiculousness!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 19th October 2010, 5:38 pm

Goodness, I didn't know all that was going on! Hilarious!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 19th October 2010, 5:44 pm

Free2Be wrote:
DaButterflyBAP wrote:I can't really listen to it (at work). But can someone give a Cliff's Notes for the clueless? I really want to know 'cause I am nosy! Smile

Hope I'm not breaking any forum "Rules" by offering an abbreviated version of the hoopla. Razz

1. AfricanExport posted a video asking folks to comment on the relationship b/t the vloggers/video makers and their viewers and whether or not marketing strategies turn viewers/subscribers off. She asked for video responses.

3. Taren did a response from a vlogger's POV, since most of the other responses were, as I said, from viewers. I felt her response was spot on and informative, i.e. I did not know that YouTube partners were paid for their videos. I like knowing that. I did not know that vlogger's could remove and reupload old videos and be paid for them after making partner, etc.

4. At no point in Taren's video did she mention Kimmaytube at all. I don't watch enough YT videos because not one name came to mind when she mentioned some (in general) vloggers pushing their products. Well, I did think of one person who I won't name, but it WASN'T Kimmaytube.

5. One person commented that Taren's video brought to mind "ahem, ahem" or something like that, "Kimmaytube".

7. Kimmaytube jumped in and offered her two cents because she was offended. She continued to offer her money's worth through no less than 20 more posts responding to people who were saying, "Taren wasn't even talking about you." "Why don't you ignore the haters and be the bigger person?" etc., etc.

8. Taren came home, got online and saw ONE of Kimmay's responses to these people and was like, "I would never disrespect you. I didn't have you in mind. I don't know why people are hating on you. You have a right to make money, etc. etc."

9. Kimmay came back with several snide remarks basically saying that Taren wasn't sincere, that if she felt that way she should delete those comments and in fact, she/Taren shouldn't have participated in this video response in the first place (as if to suggest it wasn't a worthy topic) and finally, the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak, she/Kimmay suggested that the only reason Taren's and AfricanExports channels are even doing well is because SHE/Kimmay gave them a shout out on her channel. What the flip? LOL

10. Taren finally gave up trying to convince Kimmay that she didn't do anything to her, wasn't talking about her, etc and posted a response to that effect basically saying, "You know, how dare you attack me when I didn't do anything."

I may have a twisted sense of humor, but since I don't know these two people personally and I'm not a disciple of them, I just find this hi-larious. Laughing

more drama than the latest episode of Young and the Restless!!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 19th October 2010, 5:44 pm

Free2Be wrote:

more drama than the latest episode of Young and the Restless!!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th October 2010, 5:58 pm

Free2BMe,

That was blow by blow. You kept it real! Razz

Like you Free - 2 other Vloggers came to mind as product pushers and I've already unsubscribed to their channels.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th October 2010, 5:59 pm

Niqui36 wrote:Goodness, I didn't know all that was going on! Hilarious!

Girl, it's like those Wretched Housewives of Atlanta!
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 19th October 2010, 6:02 pm

Renny wrote:
Niqui36 wrote:Goodness, I didn't know all that was going on! Hilarious!

Girl, it's like those Wretched Housewives of Atlanta!

LOL! Laughing
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next