CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy hair from within

+12
Mz. CiCi
yacoomba
misskris
QueenSheba
cluelesscurl
Afronique
Free2BMe :)
Curlock Holmes
foxfro
greenyourdecor
Fleur
naturallynola
16 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Healthy hair from within - Page 4 Empty Re: Healthy hair from within

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 9:04 pm

Lol, thanx yacoomba. No harm, no foul! I always have to go back and read through the posts to remember what challenge I am posting on, lol. Especially since the members are about the same. I always take my vitamins with food. I made the takin it on an empty stomach mistake once and it did not turn out well. The funny thing is how quickly they start trying come back up. On days I have yogurt for breakfast, I take it with lunch b/c taking it with light foods is not a good idea either. I know its prolly real fat to be excited about this but did y'all know McDonald's now has oatmeal?? They make theirs similar to the way I make mine too. Its very hearty...

@Butterfly125 That's an awesome idea! Good way to get it in! I love that ingenuity.

Everyone keep up the good work!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th December 2010, 9:12 pm

Thanks, Tiff!! I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out. Oatmeal?!!! No, I did not know that, but will definitely check it out. If it's healthy, I'll have some. I already LOVE their coffee. I used to get the large coffee with 8 creamers and 3 sugars, but that was a long time ago, and now get it with 3 creamers and 2 Splenda.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 9:22 pm

DANG.....8 creamers??? LOL I don't drink coffee but I imagine that's a lot of creamer!!! And yeah I saw that yesterday driving past McD's. I was like, Really? They serve OATMEAL??? LOL I don't like oatmeal either, don't like the texture of it. And I can't stand the smell of coffee!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th December 2010, 10:16 pm

LOL, misskris!! That IS a lot of creamer, but that's how I used to drink my coffee...really creamy. I had to let it go in steps like I was weaning myself off of some meds or something...lol!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 10:22 pm

@ Butterfly125 Lol, I'm not sure how healthy it is. It doesn't taste sweet to me aside from the apples and raisins in it. I used to drink my coffee with AT LEAST 8 sugars. I used to drink coffee everyday but I stopped a while ago. I had a frappucino the other day but it had me waaaaay too hyped up. I was like bouncing off the walls for 2 days, literally. Needless to say I think I am just gonna leave that alone for a while...

@Misskriss You don't like the smell of any coffee? I love the smell of caramel and vanilla coffees... drunken
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th December 2010, 10:32 pm

Wow, that is some sweet a** coffee, Tiff...LOL. Mmmmm...apples and raisins. That sounds good to me. I think I know what's for breakfast tomorrow bounce
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 11:02 pm

LOL!! Yeah it was. I'm have been trying to get my sugar habit under control for a long time. Yeah give it a try, it was pretty good. I still don't know what I am having. I have been sooooo lazy today!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 19th December 2010, 11:21 pm

Seriously about the sugar, I was able to get my sugar habit under control years ago when I read that sugar turns into fat in your body...WHAT?...and I thought, shoot, I got enough fat in the food I was eating, I didn't need to add to it with sugar. That was it for me. There were two other things: 1) There is a history of diabetes in my family, and 2) I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my last son, which ups your chances of developing diabetes later. But honestly, it was the "turning into fat" that really got me...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 19th December 2010, 11:37 pm

LMBO! You are too funny. Diabetes runs in my family too. I really don't really know why I love it so much or how it all started. I've cut back a lot though. I don't even buy sugar. The habit is alot easier to manage if I don't have it in my apartment. I have been pretty good at finding alternative ways to get my sugar fix. Frozen Chobani makes a great snack. Now the fact that sugar turns into fat just hit home!! I could not figure out for the life of me why I was gaining so much weight!! Lol, thanx for the heads up. Suddenly red velvet cake doesn't sound so good. Crying or Very sad
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 19th December 2010, 11:52 pm

Hey Tiff. Nope. Not really. I don't even like to walk down the coffee aisle ate the grocery store!!!! LOL I go into starbucks but I only get the hot cocoa there!!! LOL And maybe some sweet treats!!! Smile My husband will get those flavored coffess sometimes but I still don't like the smell of those!!!! I guess I'm just weird cuz I know most people love that smell!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th December 2010, 1:19 am

Lol, its ok. I hate ketchup. I get kinda offended if I go to a fast food place and they put it in my bag. Like dang, how you just gon assume I wanted ketchup? Its nasty and it stinks. Lol, we all have quirks.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th December 2010, 1:26 am

HAhahahaha!!! I LOVE ketchup. In elem. school we used to dip our Dipsy Doodles in ketchup!!!! (Dipsy Doodles are just corn chips----i don't even know if they still make em, that was in NY) Mmmm, that was so good!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 20th December 2010, 1:30 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Lol, thanx yacoomba. No harm, no foul! I always have to go back and read through the posts to remember what challenge I am posting on, lol. Especially since the members are about the same. I always take my vitamins with food. I made the takin it on an empty stomach mistake once and it did not turn out well. The funny thing is how quickly they start trying come back up. On days I have yogurt for breakfast, I take it with lunch b/c taking it with light foods is not a good idea either. I know its prolly real fat to be excited about this but did y'all know McDonald's now has oatmeal?? They make theirs similar to the way I make mine too. Its very hearty...

@Butterfly125 That's an awesome idea! Good way to get it in! I love that ingenuity.

Everyone keep up the good work!!
Hmm about the vitamins coming back up...yeah seems like the best approach may be at night as NatNola stated; just wanted to make sure you weren't taking them on an empty stomach and that was contributing to it. Now Ms.Thang don't be talking about no Mickey D's especially when it's next to my sons daycare (lol). If I stop there it won't be for the oatmeal! More like a chicken or sausage biscuit with jelly!!!!! Embarassed So it's best I continue to make my oatmeal at work and bypass the golden arches lol!

Last edited by yacoomba on 20th December 2010, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th December 2010, 1:38 am

LMBO!! I'm sorry girl, wasn't trying to derail you! The morning I went I was actually there for the yogurt and granola parfait (I had not had a chance to go grocery shopping and I was HUNGRY!). When I saw that oatmeal I had to try it! Lol, I'll be making mine at work again starting tomorrow! That biscuit and jelly do sound good though... I just took my vitamin. I will let y'all know if there are any changes in how I am feeling.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 20th December 2010, 1:41 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:LMBO!! I'm sorry girl, wasn't trying to derail you! The morning I went I was actually there for the yogurt and granola parfait (I had not had a chance to go grocery shopping and I was HUNGRY!). When I saw that oatmeal I had to try it! Lol, I'll be making mine at work again starting tomorrow! That biscuit and jelly do sound good though... I just took my vitamin. I will let y'all know if there are any changes in how I am feeling.
lol, I'm sending out a PSA telling everyone to watch you and Ronald McDonald trying to sabotage us Suspect Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th December 2010, 2:13 am

LOL!! Man just don't send us to jail with the Hamburguler (sp?). We'll starve!! Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th December 2010, 12:53 am

Hey guys! It wasn't the vitamins, I had caught a lil bug. I am feeling better. I will be jumping back on my exercise routine Sunday. I am still drinking a lot of water but its kind of offset b/c I am drinking a lot of ginger ale too. I am also due for grocery shopping tomorrow so I will pick up some avocados and some of the black bean burgers that were mentioned by MissKris. I hope everyone is still doing well!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th December 2010, 1:46 am

Glad to hear you're finally feeling better, Ambitious. I think I'll pick up some of those black bean burgers tomorrow as well. Misskris made them sound pretty good. I haven't been doing as well as I want. Too many "Christmas" goodies in the office, but I have been drinking LOTS of water and taking my vitamins without fail.

Merry Chirstmas and happy holidays rendeer !
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 24th December 2010, 3:33 pm

Hey Ladies-I've been up and down this week with the challenge honestly and indulging in chocolate (you all know how it gets Rolling Eyes ). Feeling blah and tired, but hopefully next week I can get things kicked back into gear w/ the challenge.
@Tiff-glad you're feeling better and no I won't be sending the Hamburglar on anyone but myself (because I did have a chicken biscuit w/ jelly this week, only one day though and it was so good) bounce
Still doing my daily vitamins and I added an Omega3 vitamin which freaks me out due to how big it is! Needless to say I don't take it with all the other vitamins due to by its turn I'm too pooped to swallow it Razz . Anyway you all don't eat too much and Happy Holidays!!!! santa
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 26th December 2010, 3:49 am

I have a confession. I was so BAD to my body on Christmas! Man I had chocolate covered almonds, dressing, mac and cheese, cake, cookies, twizzlers, sweet potato pie, AND ice cream. As y'all can see I have a real weakness for sweets. I didn't drink a drop of water, move any faster than a stroll, or even take my vitamins. Lol, epic fail. Sunday I will be back on it hardcore. Lol, think I saw 7 extra lbs wavin' back at my in the mirror... affraid
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 29th December 2010, 7:54 pm

This wee has been a lot better for me regarding eating, vitamins, and water intake. No extra cravings and I've found some high fiber snacks that I can enjoy. I did however cut out the Omega 3 fish oil vitamin as it was too much to take along with the other pills I was taking, I will have to find another way to get that nutritional value of Omega 3's (any suggestions anyone).

Anyway I will continue on with my regimen and I've been taking lunch to work this week also *hand clap* Saving money and eating better-works for me!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 31st December 2010, 6:15 pm

Walnuts, hemp seed oil, avocados, cold water fish and you should be good to go!

Since I was away during the holidays, my whole exercise/water deal suffered. One of my pit stops only had water from the faucet, so that didn't work. I did keep on track with the nutritional foods I ordinarily eat, but those irresistible desserts surfaced a little bit, but all-in-all, I did okay.

Well, now we have no excuses, do we? Back to normal. Stay blessed my curly sistas!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 31st December 2010, 6:20 pm

naturallynola wrote:Walnuts, hemp seed oil, avocados, cold water fish and you should be good to go!

Since I was away during the holidays, my whole exercise/water deal suffered. One of my pit stops only had water from the faucet, so that didn't work. I did keep on track with the nutritional foods I ordinarily eat, but those irresistible desserts surfaced a little bit, but all-in-all, I did okay.

Well, now we have no excuses, do we? Back to normal. Stay blessed my curly sistas!

Hey Lady! I was wondering what happened to you-glad all is well :-) Thnx for the suggestions because the pills weren't going to cut it (I'm pilled out and can't take a dozen in a day-not going to work for me). Back to normal agreed-glad you had some goodies for the holidays (its hard for us all to resist those).

See you in a week or two Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 31st December 2010, 6:28 pm

Naturallynola! So glad to see you're back! I agree, back to normal. I am happy to report that I have ditched the 2 lbs I had gained for Christmas. Starting the New Year off right! I also let a friend of mine talk me into taking Zumba classes with her 3 days a week. I will let you guys know how it goes. I am starting school on the 10th. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time! Y'all wish me luck!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 31st December 2010, 6:35 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Naturallynola! So glad to see you're back! I agree, back to normal. I am happy to report that I have ditched the 2 lbs I had gained for Christmas. Starting the New Year off right! I also let a friend of mine talk me into taking Zumba classes with her 3 days a week. I will let you guys know how it goes. I am starting school on the 10th. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time! Y'all wish me luck!

That's awesome about ditching the 2lbs (way to go) woot! Good Luck with the Zumba girly. Anything organized for workouts I just can't do right now...I remember after my son was born I tried the Billy Blanks Cd Shocked My goodness I was tired/wornout/brokedown after the warm up and sweating like a dog! So um yeah that was my first and last encounter for now, I do plan on beginning to walk again when it warms up some (Springtime here).
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next