CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a question about heat and manipulation

3 posters

Go down

I have a question about heat and manipulation Empty I have a question about heat and manipulation

Post by chynadoll8799 11th October 2010, 10:55 pm

Doesn't manipulation damage the hair??
It just occured to me today that every week I am dc'ing, then doing braid outs, and i must redo the braid outs every night to keep it looking presentable. Isn't this damaging? Much less than a relaxer though right?

Also, I am sitting under the dryer as I type this and I am wondering.....is ALL heat bad? or only direct heat?

as I slowly back AWAY from the dryer..........

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

I have a question about heat and manipulation Empty Re: I have a question about heat and manipulation

Post by Treece 12th October 2010, 4:47 pm

Of course over-manipulating your hair will damage it. I.E. Wearing a ponytail in the same position every day. Just like how some things in your house may break from stress, a ponytail holder can cause stress on the hair.

I don't think braid outs are damaging because as long as your not ripping your hair you're only coaxing the hair to move a different way. I don't believe hair-on-hair contact is damaging, but when you invite "materials" such as a headband, or ponytail holders you may cause damage. But this is all JMO. I do think that tight plaits could cause stress by stretching the hair too much if you get it done too often.

I don't think indirect heat is bad. I guess it could be similar to spending a day out in the hot sun! Just like flat ironing your hair once a year probably won't damage it unless it's done incorrectly. So have fun under your dryer and relax. Very Happy

Again his is JMO, so along with my Opinions, I'm bumping this for more answers. Very Happy
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

I have a question about heat and manipulation Empty Re: I have a question about heat and manipulation

Post by Lynnieluve 12th October 2010, 4:55 pm

I agree with Treece. I would suggest trying to see if you could achieve 2 or 3rd day hair meaning not rebraiding every night.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down