CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much manipulation?

3 posters

Go down

Too much manipulation? Empty Too much manipulation?

Post by asanterochelle 13th January 2010, 11:15 am

Hey ladies Smile

So I have a question for you all. My TWA is almost 3 months old, and I've about 85% nailed down a routine! As far as I can tell, my hair is definitely thriving, growing, and getting stronger every day. This is what I've been doing:

-Cowash about every 3 days or so with Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze
-DC with a mix of Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol mixed with castor oil under a plastic cap
-Rinse out and spray on my mix of Taaliah Wajid Kinky Wavy Natural Easy Herbal Comb Out, Water, and Jojoba Oil to moisturize
-Two strand twist to stretch.

I re-twist my hair most nights before I go to bed, and untwist again in the mornings.... Is this too much manipulation of my hair? I prefer it stretched out, because I can see the length better, and it stays sooo much easier to detangle... but I also don't want to be crippling my hair's growth. What do you guys think?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The night of my BC, October 24, 09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This morning at work.... lol. January 13, 10

Thanks in advance!

--asanterochelle
asanterochelle
asanterochelle

http://www.ark87@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Too much manipulation? Empty Re: Too much manipulation?

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 1:42 pm

Congrats on the BC. I plan to BC in March but I've been transitioning over a year. In regards to added manipulation this question is for the site's TWA guru, MahoganyCurls. Ask your question in the "Curly Friends" forum. To preserve my TnC, I bantu knot my hair at night with shea/jojoba butter when I'm not too restless.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by asanterochelle 13th January 2010, 2:32 pm

Thanks for the input Hamptonsfnst!! Good luck with your transition too, I only transitioned for like 3 months, I was too impatient lol.

I do frequent MahoganyCurls' forum, but since my hair curls considerably tighter than hers, not all of her tips work on my hair Smile Hopefully there are some ladies out there with tightly coiled hair that can throw their two cents in and help me out? much appreciated!
asanterochelle
asanterochelle

http://www.ark87@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 13th January 2010, 4:24 pm

Hey Asanterochelle,

My hair texture isn't like MahoganyCurls either, (although I have twicked a lot of her techniques to fit me) but I love NappyChronicles journey on You Tube. I like the tips she gives on manipulation that may work for you.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down