CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE

3 posters

Go down

Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE  Empty Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE

Post by SherylsTresses 5th October 2010, 11:26 pm

I have an interview with a fortune 500 company scheduled for this Friday. I’m a tenured employee with this company and looking to move into another department. Now, I've been advised that I am the preferred applicant and the first to be interviewed for the position. The hiring manager and her department knows me very well since we all report to the same vice president.

I am one year and two months post relaxer. In a perfect world I would wear my braided bun, but I know that's not acceptable. During special occasions at work, I would flat iron. My problem is that if I had flat-ironed over the weekend, my hair would revert by Friday for the interview. My flat-ironing routine is time-consuming so it would inconvenience me to do it during the week. I believe braidouts are unacceptable but I’m not sure.

I've been contemplating flat-ironing regardless or by a stylist, purchasing a wig, getting a sew-in or slicking my hair back and wearing a phony bun that matches my natural hair. I'm not sure how corporate would view a natural bun at an interview.

Please give me your advice. Thanks so much in advance.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE  Empty Re: Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE

Post by mrsrenaissance 5th October 2010, 11:55 pm

I think the braided bun would definitely be appropriate, as long as it's neat. Another way I do mine is gathering my hair in the twistie like usual, but then not pulling my hair all the way through the last time...I have enough length that it leaves a nice bun (tuck under any strays). Hopefully that makes sense Smile I always get lots of compliments on it.

Good luck w/your interview!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE  Empty Re: Long term transitioners-Hairstyles for interview w/ fortune 500 company NEED ADVICE

Post by Lynnieluve 6th October 2010, 12:02 am

I think a bun would be appropriate. Here is a great tutorial...