CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York

3 posters

Go down

Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York Empty Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York

Post by Russianjoy 12th January 2010, 5:29 pm

I have been transitioning for 13 months. I've had no major struggles and credit that in part to finding Qhemet Biologics products early in my transition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have only seen a stylist for regular trims of my 3c-4b hair. I blow out and flat iron once every 2-3 months for trims, when I have 1/2 - 1 inch cut off. I live in upstate New York (near Albany) and wondered if there are other long term transitioners out there. I'm also curious about natural hair stylists in upstate New York or the Capital Region. I plan to transition until May/June 2010.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York Empty Re: Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York

Post by rosyhours 12th January 2010, 10:14 pm

I'm in the Albany area as well, but I will be a short term transitioner. I'm 4 mos post right now and I will probably do the BC within the next month
rosyhours
rosyhours

Back to top Go down

Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York Empty Re: Long Term Transitioners in Upstate New York

Post by Russianjoy 13th January 2010, 12:24 pm

Hi Rosyhours. I work in Albany but just 20 minutes north. How's your transition been thus far? How are you styling your hair?

I tend to stick with the same basic routine from week to week. My primary hair style has been twist-outs and I retwist every night during the work week so that I have uniformity with the style/curls. I'm pretty boring in the sense that I don't use a ton of products... my hair prefers simplicity. This saves me time and money in the long run. Have you found or heard of a natural stylist in the area? Are there others out there from the Capital region?

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 13th January 2010, 12:34 pm

this is off topic but RussianJoy how or why did you choose your screen name?
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 13th January 2010, 12:51 pm

Hi Deva_87. Actually just random, a combination of the names of my family members. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sounds exotic, huh! I'm not of Russian decent, I'm African American with a rumored Native American and Caucasian cocktail thrown in from waaay back.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 13th January 2010, 12:58 pm

Cool i just thought was interesting because i speak Russian and whenever I see Russian anything I'm like "hold up! something Russian" It's cool how you came up with that though.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by rosyhours 13th January 2010, 6:48 pm

My stylist is natural (she transitioned for 2 years) but she always wears her hair straight. Her name is Chanel and right now she works at an Aveda Spa called Shapes and Colors nearby Colonie center, however she told me that she will be switching to another salon soon. I've never had her style my hair anything but straight so we'll see how well she does with styling my hair post-BC.

I've only been transitioning for 4 months so I don't have a hair perfect regimen yet. Besides, I plan on chopping soon so it won't matter in a little while Smile
rosyhours
rosyhours

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 13th January 2010, 8:46 pm

Cool, Rosycurl. I actually haven't any services to my hair other than trims in about 8 years. I'm a wee bit salon shy (lot's of bad experiences, hence no more relaxers for me). I've continued with my hair in a bob with four inches at my nape and now, nearly chin length in the front (only about 2inches of relaxer left in the front). I was just too chicken to take the plunge and BC, so mini chops has worked. Maybe I'll look your girl up. Keep us all updated when you BC!

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down