CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dont get it what am I going to do when....

4 posters

Go down

I dont get it what am I going to do when.... Empty I dont get it what am I going to do when....

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 25th September 2010, 9:44 am

Ok so my hair styling is quite simple. Twists and keep them as long as I can, twistout for a day, detangle and retwists. This past week I had a fashion show that I wanted an afro for and had no time so I left my hair out for a little over a week. This morning is my detangling day and I have two clumps of hair just slip right into my hands! Given these clumps weren't fistful but my shedding is never in clumps and not that much so I feel like something went wrong. If my hair is that prone to breakage when worn out for a long period of time what am I going to do when my hair gets long and to the point where I wouldnt care to twist? I dont want my hair to fall out but when I meet my length goal I dont want to keep this regimen up.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

I dont get it what am I going to do when.... Empty Re: I dont get it what am I going to do when....

Post by Lynnieluve 25th September 2010, 11:57 am

My hair tends to get dry and tangle more, the longer I wear it out....which leads to longer detangling sections, which leads to more hair lost, for me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

I dont get it what am I going to do when.... Empty Re: I dont get it what am I going to do when....

Post by Nessa101 25th September 2010, 1:40 pm

I'm the same as lynnieluve. When my hair is out it gets really dry and sheds alot, but when it's in twist it's nice and moisturized and I hardly experience any shedding. Funny though because I was thinking the same thing the other day, but I guess I'll just keep it protective styles still
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th September 2010, 6:58 am

It sounds like you have no choice but to keep protective styling. LOL

Or when you do twist outs, put in extra moisture every day and see how that goes. I like how the blogger from Happy Girl Hair switches between protective styles and loose styles, and when she does do loose styles for the week she adds moisture every morning and night to her daughters' hair.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 27th September 2010, 12:27 pm

JazmineB wrote:It sounds like you have no choice but to keep protective styling. LOL

Or when you do twist outs, put in extra moisture every day and see how that goes. I like how the blogger from Happy Girl Hair switches between protective styles and loose styles, and when she does do loose styles for the week she adds moisture every morning and night to her daughters' hair.

Thanks for giving me a little hope lol
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down