CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dont have 2nd day hair!!! :(

4 posters

Go down

I dont have 2nd day hair!!! :( Empty I dont have 2nd day hair!!! :(

Post by curleetricee 1st December 2009, 11:56 pm

I have 2c/3a/3b hair... I have never had 2nd day, or "move-able" hair. Once its set, I cant touch, sleep on, wrap up, lay on.. or anything else. I mostly do wash n go's, wash (or wet in shower) condition, detangle, rinse, apply blue magic coconut oil, parnevu leave in conditioner, and comb through softee protein styling gel (clear kind)... then let it dry. If I touch it, talk on the phone, my jacket or collar touches it, its a MESS. If I THINK I'm going to lay on it.. better think again. Pillow cases, silk wraps... NOTHING will save it... any suggestions????
curleetricee
curleetricee

http://photobucket.com/tricee_7

Back to top Go down

I dont have 2nd day hair!!! :( Empty Re: I dont have 2nd day hair!!! :(

Post by NylaCoils 2nd December 2009, 12:30 am

For the second day.... Do you spritz with anything to refresh your curls?
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curleetricee 2nd December 2009, 1:07 am

NylaCoils wrote:For the second day.... Do you spritz with anything to refresh your curls?
I have tried spritzing (what is left of or what is supposed to be curls.. lol) with curl refiner sprays (pantene and redken) to no avail, also.. misting with everything from water, conditioner and water mixes, water and setting lotion mixes, to water and glycerine mixtures... nothing helped.
If I sleep on it, I get smashed, flat "curls/waves" on one side, and a BIG frizz/wave/curl fro on the other.. and the BACK... ummm I dont even know what to say about that. I've even tried twisting.. no.. still flat and/or frizzy.
curleetricee
curleetricee

http://photobucket.com/tricee_7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 2nd December 2009, 10:30 pm

My hair seems to be similar to yours. I used to have that problem and I stopped using gel of any kind. I use aussie moist conditioner or devacare one condition as my leave in. I add some shea butter to my ends or deva curl set it free. The way sleep can be uncomfortable at time but it keeps my hair from smashing too much. I clip the back up and sometimes use duck bill clips on my sides to keep them from smashing. I than cover my hair with a satin bonnet. I sleep on my side on my arm so that I am not laying my sides on my pillow. It annoying but it helps. With my hair clipped up in the back I can lay on the back of my head and it doesn't mess up my hair. I hope this helps. Smile
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Apearl 4th December 2009, 1:20 am

I have this problem mainly with wash & go's. Sometimes with twist outs as well!
The only solution I found was changing what I used on my hair and my "rejuvenation" process. When I wear wash & gos co-wash and rinse about half to 3/4 of the conditioner out. The amount left gives me enough build up to maintain the curls and make them not get frizzy. Sometimes I'll add aloe vera gel or Giovanni's Leave In, especially if manipulate the curls to add a part or something.
At night I wear a silk bonnet or lightly tie my hair up with a scarf.
When I want to rejuvenate my curls / wash & go I steam them! When I take my shower I let the steam allow my curls to bounce back. If I don't feel they are coming back the way I want, I'll put a little conditioner with water in my hands and put it on my hair.
Since I know my hair does not hold styles well I do flat twist outs or braid outs when I want a style to last more than one or two days.
HTH!
Apearl
Apearl

http://public.fotki.com/ApearlC/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down