CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Vent Thread!

+118
MelMelBee
Nali1987
msoverproof
Jazzmatazz
Cassiedagoddess
Cupcake415
JessiWantsCurls
Sebastain13
yacoomba
anz30
naturally.yours
MissyCee
nikmuch
Stephy0306
Emartini04
J.S.M.
vivacious00
DerbyDiva
drmsd
naturallychelsea
bludini1
Myeka33
Umph
kinksncurls
iculukin
DreamMerchant
queenshakirah
BajanPrincess82
FloridaSunshiny
Mz. CiCi
TheRYL1
gigihaitiancurly
preciouslady
CrissyQ
Napp_Napp_Cat
Ebbz
tnictay
Chef Lucy
Nikcoils
TiseeBabee
goombagirl
nikkinixnicole
Curly_Aquarius
tashafawn24
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
NylaCoils
Raytay
HisBeauty
Karyn
AdriEm
ChrsLvsBks
mverde3
PaganWifey
ElleX
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
stargazer4801
classyPINK
Cherry: extraordinary!
Vee
Heart2Worship
KeetaRay
DeNaturelle
deeply_rooted_chick
Mrsafro
HAMPTONSFNST
MaameYaa
allicat36
KinkySheaPT
jlowman1
Islander3906
new-naturalle
p_nuttie43
Moonwalker733
Neems
LadyMika
PyreFli42
CocaColaCutie
BrownSkinDiva
Mz. Thang
SheaQT
Keisha
IF IT COMES nATURAL
msjakkia
Moni
PanaR3dd
nikki0507
StacyB
quake_19
PoliBohoGlam
Notthecoolmom
PoisonIvy
TruBeautyPrsprs
curly_danni
loveself247
Lioness_Mane
hayylee
afroseoulista
Iomer
Mzbush
krenea
SheeTacular
LuvMeLuvMyFro
nmoultry
lena73
CurlySpeechTherapist
bevyboo628
*CurlyNikki*
NaturalNurse04
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
MissCurly
gammainme
sweetdrk1
dajewel
Beautifully Human
122 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

the Vent Thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: the Vent Thread!

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 12:32 am

quake_19 wrote:ok, I'm venting. My co-worker told me that she didn't think I was as smart as I am because of my 'funky hair do'. She also stated that my hair was so much curlier than other black people who's hair is all over the place and stuck flat on their heads." Huh? Are you serious?

huh??? what did you do after that?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by quake_19 13th November 2009, 12:35 am

I sat there with my mouth open and proceeded to tell her that I was hired for my knowledge and didn't know that my beauty was even a factor.
quake_19
quake_19

http://public.fotki.com/curlycrecia/

Back to top Go down

Post by nikki0507 14th December 2009, 2:15 pm

Lioness_Mane wrote:I hate being single, but I hate more is when married men try me. Yes, I'm single but I will NOT be second to anything.

HAVE A NICE DAY SIR [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lioness you'll find your "Mr. Right" soon. But on another note, when I tell a man I'm married, stop looking at me like it doesn't matter. I AM NOT a woman who cheats on her husband. And if I did cheat, I MIGHT holla at you. Just so we aren't confused...stopped getting pissed at me when I tell you I'm not interested... suck it up and move on!

Phew....that feels better!
nikki0507
nikki0507

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 14th December 2009, 4:58 pm

my friend owes me money and she is on FB talking bout she is going out to eat...EXCUSE ME!!!! she was supposed to pay me back on WED. it is MON. maybe i'm wrong but times are hard lol..Give me my money before you start treating people out to lunch!!!
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 15th December 2009, 12:41 pm

I am on H1N1 duty again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 15th December 2009, 1:19 pm

gosh im back already..y dont some young mothers take the time to do their kids hair..i know these bows have been in this lil girls hair forever because its taking me like 20 mins to get them out..its so matted..stuff like this urks my nerves
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 16th December 2009, 2:21 am

Sometimes my family works my last nerve. I told them way back at Thanksgiving that if they wanted me to get Christmas gifts for them (I'm in the US, they're back home in Bermuda), they need to tell me in advance, because I didn't want to be running around at the last minute. Last year I drove to the mall in a SNOWSTORM the day before I left to get gifts and I did not want a repeat of that. So today my brother texts me to tell me I have to get a printer for my dad. I leave here on Saturday, and have finals all week, so I have NO time to run all over the place trying to find a printer and also don't really have time to order online and have it shipped here. They'll just have to figure it out themselves...
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th December 2009, 11:58 am

If my co-workers don't stop talking to me I am going to snap! I haven't said a word all morning but yet I keep getting emails. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
I am not going to gossip with you or tell you what I know!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by msjakkia 16th December 2009, 3:14 pm

since growing out my perm, I officially have stopped giving a damn about what people think about me, in every facet of my life. This is so liberating. I used to be so affected by it. One big step for me!!
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 16th December 2009, 6:17 pm

Dear "adult,"
I have my own life to worry about. If you don't get what you need or want your fault - don't blame me. The same way I take care of myself you can take care of yourself. If I was ready to be a mommy I would have my own child. I am not taking care of a "baby" that is older than me!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 16th December 2009, 10:36 pm

NOW, I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT BEING ON CHRISTMAS BREAK, but.......... WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO UNTIL JAN 16TH????
AND THIS BOY IS DRIVING F'ING NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th December 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm gonna back slap my stupidvisor with a closed fist!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th December 2009, 12:59 pm

I want to slap every person in my office that keeps saying "I hope we get some snow." I guess they don't recall the 200+ accidents in 3 hrs back in 2005. Or the traffic jam that took 3hrs to get from Durham to Raleigh...that is only a 30minute drive! Or maybe they don't recall back in 2002 when the power was out for a week and I had to go sit in my car just to keep from freezing to death.

Yea. I have a lot of beef with snow in NC, the state becomes paralyzed. Why are kids getting out of school around Noon.....nothing is falling out of the sky. They need all the education they can get. If I see one more child typing "lik3 th!5" I am going to lose it!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 18th December 2009, 3:38 pm

Why is there going to be a huge snowstorm, the one day I'm trying to get home for Christmas? Why didn't I check the weather until just now? If I had known about the storm, I could have flown home today. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It doesn't help that all the flights to Bermuda except 2 are through the northeast. Please pray that I can fly home tomorrow!!!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 20th December 2009, 6:17 am

im so tired of dirty ass people who got the nerve to have people over their house as if its clean. Its 8 people living in that house and no one wants to clean the bathroom or the kitchen. And im extremely pissed that they dont have paper towels in their house. Not a one.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by SheaQT 22nd December 2009, 1:14 pm

NaturalNurse04 wrote:Being a pediatric nurse for the past five years has made me realize everyone should not have children. Some people should be given a common sense test first and if they fail miserably their uterus should be put out of commission until they develop enough common sense to raise a child. Can you tell I just had a lonnnnngggg 12 hour shift?!?!?

OMG!!! I completely agree. There are days when I'm out and about just doing my thing and I see the craziest things going on b/t a parent and child. I just have to wonder, who gave them permission to have a kid in the first place?!!? And not just one, but MULTIPLE children. Oh the humanity!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SheaQT
SheaQT

Back to top Go down

Post by SheaQT 22nd December 2009, 1:28 pm

I hate when you take the time to park your car in a parking spot b/t the lines and there are ALL of these EMPTY parking spots around you, but for some crazy reason people park so close to you AND crooked that they ding your car door while getting out. WTF?!!?! Makes me want to take a bat to their windshield. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SheaQT
SheaQT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 2nd January 2010, 9:51 pm

Ok it's a new yr & i'm determined 2 take everything 4 wht it is & not try 2 make it something I want I believe strongly tht actions speak way louder thn words so 4 the so called men tht I hav meet n the single world if their actions hav showed tht they r full of it then they didn't get my new # but I'm still upset tht I wasted time & allowed these fools n my life in the first place 2 in particular so 4 the new yr Im not even goin 2 date just focus on bettering me and going back 2 school completely done with toxic waste.....exhaling
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 11:07 am

Why do the folks at my job think they can just sit on there hands on days I am out and then email about all the things that need to be done?!?! Well, that is going to stop in 2010....it will not get done by me....as a matter of fact. I think I will delete some emails now and pretend I didn't get them.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th January 2010, 1:38 pm

I really would like to vent....Im getting married in 3 months...im tired of folks telling me I should straighten my hair for my wedding, Im tired of folks not being able to be happy for me because Im happy but spreading negativity, wedding planning in itself is stressing me, Im getting tired of my fiancee who doesnt like to do anything wedding related cuz he thinks I'll do it all, and Im tired of working, I just want to get in this PhD program and teach on a university level....woooo im done!!

that felt good Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th January 2010, 1:40 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Why do the folks at my job think they can just sit on there hands on days I am out and then email about all the things that need to be done?!?! Well, that is going to stop in 2010....it will not get done by me....as a matter of fact. I think I will delete some emails now and pretend I didn't get them.

ha ha ha, that sounds like something I would do!!!

you need to get skype, so you we can vent to each other LOL!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 1:41 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:I really would like to vent....Im getting married in 3 months...im tired of folks telling me I should straighten my hair for my wedding, Im tired of folks not being able to be happy for me because Im happy but spreading negativity, wedding planning in itself is stressing me, Im getting tired of my fiancee who doesnt like to do anything wedding related cuz he thinks I'll do it all, and Im tired of working, I just want to get in this PhD program and teach on a university level....woooo im done!!

that felt good Smile

Sounds like my planning days.....You'll make it. A few times I had to turn my phone off because people were working my nerve.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th January 2010, 1:45 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:I really would like to vent....Im getting married in 3 months...im tired of folks telling me I should straighten my hair for my wedding, Im tired of folks not being able to be happy for me because Im happy but spreading negativity, wedding planning in itself is stressing me, Im getting tired of my fiancee who doesnt like to do anything wedding related cuz he thinks I'll do it all, and Im tired of working, I just want to get in this PhD program and teach on a university level....woooo im done!!

that felt good Smile

Sounds like my planning days.....You'll make it. A few times I had to turn my phone off because people were working my nerve.

It just amazes me how many folks are telling me that I need to straighten my hair so "it can be pretty"...and im just tired of everyones input, its my wedding and my day, can I have it the way that I want it please? Bridesmaids not liking the dresses I picked out, and folks wanting what they want....hmph, im such a pisces I shut down when I get overwhelmed...and Im trying not to shut down or go OFF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 1:53 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

that felt good Smile

It just amazes me how many folks are telling me that I need to straighten my hair so "it can be pretty"...and im just tired of everyones input, its my wedding and my day, can I have it the way that I want it please? Bridesmaids not liking the dresses I picked out, and folks wanting what they want....hmph, im such a pisces I shut down when I get overwhelmed...and Im trying not to shut down or go OFF [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now it makes sense...I'm a Pisces! I shut down quite a few times through out the entire process and even told the BMs that they could take a seat. I didn't NEED anyone there but the groom, the pastor, and a witness or two. When people told me to straighten my hair, I gave them a smart-aleck response. That shut them up really quick.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 5th January 2010, 2:01 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

that felt good Smile

Now it makes sense...I'm a Pisces! I shut down quite a few times through out the entire process and even told the BMs that they could take a seat. I didn't NEED anyone there but the groom, the pastor, and a witness or two. When people told me to straighten my hair, I gave them a smart-aleck response. That shut them up really quick.

LOL, check your inbox!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next