CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to vent...

2 posters

Go down

Need to vent... Empty Need to vent...

Post by nebula 15th July 2010, 4:18 pm

Now, I just had twist extensions put in while I grow out a couple short spots in my hair. In most places the twists are about the same length as my natural hair, but I guess it looks longer because you can't tell how long my natural hair is due to the "shrinkage" factor.

So I walked in to work today and I get like 4 people who make these snide comments, like "WOW, your hair has gotten longer already" (with that annoying little "knowing" smirk). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's not like I had shoulder length hair one day then came in with waist length the next. If my extensions are longer it is seriously only about 1 inch longer (except for short spot at the crown) .

I know you have to have a thick skin in order to wear natural hair. I have had natural hair for 15 years. But I did just make a drastic change...I combed out my 10-year-old locks, so in essence I am readjusting. I haven't had lose hair in such a long time.

Am I being too sensitive? Too insecure? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe I just needed to vent... Smile
nebula
nebula

Back to top Go down

Need to vent... Empty Re: Need to vent...

Post by Rhythm&Drama 15th July 2010, 6:01 pm

It's called "Hateration" IMO. My guess is that your twists are very cute and they had to say something unkind because they were full of jealousy. Or it could be like you said, that you are feeling a little sensitive after cutting out your locks.

All I can say is "Do you...Bump what other people say!"
Rhythm&Drama
Rhythm&Drama

Back to top Go down