CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions, One Thread

5 posters

Go down

Two questions, One Thread Empty Two questions, One Thread

Post by Karyn 8th June 2010, 11:20 pm

Aaaanyways.

Domande (that's Italian for questions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

(I'm gonna bold the questions, just in case you get too bored to read my rambling)

1. Does anyone else juice? Aka use glycerin based moisturizers that were used for the infamous 'Jherri Curl' i.e. S-Curl (what I use), Wave Nouveau, Carefree Curl (Gold), Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 etc (actually, not sure if there's anymore than that, but whatever)

2. Does anyone else ever feel completely vain spending SO much time on haircare boards/making sure your hair looks awesome by spending 1+ hours styling/etc? Even if you're more into make-up...don't you ever just think "Damn, I'm HELLA into myself. Wow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] " I actually get a little embarrassed with all of my knowledge about healthy hair care. Even if someone doesn't even ask me, they'll just tell me something about their hair, I'll start spewing outta control healthy hair care facts/questions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then they're just like "whoa dude. no one even asked you" LOL And I often feel extremely vain when taking care of my hair.

Wow, that was a shizload. But yeah. That's it haha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Two questions, One Thread Empty Re: Two questions, One Thread

Post by Lynnieluve 8th June 2010, 11:24 pm

Karyn wrote: Even if someone doesn't even ask me, they'll just tell me something about their hair, I'll start spewing outta control healthy hair care facts/questions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then they're just like "whoa dude. no one even asked you" LOL

This is so me. If someone ask me about my hair, I can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....well you get the point [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 8th June 2010, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th June 2010, 11:38 pm

Hey Karyn,

1. I'm a juicer(lol) - love the care free curl instant activator and its cheaper than any other moisturizer I use.

2. I don't consider myself vain I just love anything that has to do with hair and makeup!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 11:39 pm

I started the juicing challenge on lhcf a while back, but fell off the bandwagon. They had me on the MIA list and everything, it was too funny. The curl activators can be very sticky and drying to the hair sometimes. I was using Care Free Curl Gold and I may revisit it one day now that my hair is over that initial dryness. I really want to try Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1.

Sometimes I do feel vain but since it's really my only hobby, oh well. I don't talk about it a lot because I don't want people to think I'm crazy lol. But when people ask I do help them out as much as I can.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 8th June 2010, 11:51 pm

I juice. I just started juicing about a 2 weeks ago and i've already gone through a bottle of S-Curl Activator Moisturizer lol. I have one in my gym bag and I just bought a new one for the house...

and no I don't feel vain. I do spend a lot of time on hair and make up but I consider those my hobbies lol. Some people smoke weed, others go clubbing, I check out hair boards, YouTube and Fotki lololol. Razz
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 9th June 2010, 12:12 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
Karyn wrote: Even if someone doesn't even ask me, they'll just tell me something about their hair, I'll start spewing outta control healthy hair care facts/questions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then they're just like "whoa dude. no one even asked you" LOL

This is so me. If someone ask me about my hair, I can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....well you get the point [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

krazy coils wrote:Hey Karyn,

1. I'm a juicer(lol) - love the care free curl instant activator and its cheaper than any other moisturizer I use.

2. I don't consider myself vain I just love anything that has to do with hair and makeup!

Yay for the juice! Since there isn't anymore humidity in NYC, I didn't juice this morning. But I had been using it for like two weeks and my hair was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] hahaha

LaToya28 wrote:I started the juicing challenge on lhcf a while back, but fell off the bandwagon. They had me on the MIA list and everything, it was too funny. The curl activators can be very sticky and drying to the hair sometimes. I was using Care Free Curl Gold and I may revisit it one day now that my hair is over that initial dryness. I really want to try Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1.

Sometimes I do feel vain but since it's really my only hobby, oh well. I don't talk about it a lot because I don't want people to think I'm crazy lol. But when people ask I do help them out as much as I can.

That thread is so long now! It's almost at 400 pages. Those ladies are NO joke lmao. Yeah, when I first used S-Curl my hair felt gross. It felt really coated in yuckiness and just dry as heck. This summer, I'll probably end up trying all of the varieties of juice hahah.

Mine too. Between going on hair boards (and just on the computer in general) and going to school, I honestly don't do much else lol. Which is really kinda sad and pathetic. This summer I'll be busy though, so perhaps I won't feel so vain Smile

xtremelyperfect wrote:I juice. I just started juicing about a 2 weeks ago and i've already gone through a bottle of S-Curl Activator Moisturizer lol. I have one in my gym bag and I just bought a new one for the house...

and no I don't feel vain. I do spend a lot of time on hair and make up but I consider those my hobbies lol. Some people smoke weed, others go clubbing, I check out hair boards, YouTube and Fotki lololol. Razz

Hahaha dang! That's a lot of juice [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm still on my first bottle. Maybe I need to up my game! I try not to use too much though. I'm scared my hair will get all dry and yucky like the first time I used it.

I guess. At least being into hair is SOMEWHAT productive lol. At least...that's what I'm gonna keep telling myself hahaha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down