CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant & Transitioning

5 posters

Go down

Pregnant & Transitioning Empty Pregnant & Transitioning

Post by cocoablaque 11th September 2010, 4:45 pm

OK, I recently found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. Yay, me!

But, I also have a high concern about my hair! I've been transitioning since January 21st, 2010.. which makes me 9 months post! I am confused about big chopping before my delivery or after!! During my pregnancy I need my hair to require low-maintenance, as I will be trying to complete my first and second semesters before my baby is due (May 15th, 2011). PLEASE, help me!! What do I do?? I don't want to put all of my HARDWORK and MONEY down the drain now!

I'm currently box braided up, and SO ready to take them down (only after 3 weeks) and do a length check and Bunn it!

You guysssssssssssssssssss!! Help a sista out!!! Lol
cocoablaque
cocoablaque

Back to top Go down

Pregnant & Transitioning Empty Re: Pregnant & Transitioning

Post by Naturally Esq 12th September 2010, 11:23 am

I suggest that you post your questions in the Curly Parents section of this website, because in that section there will be more women who have been pregnant.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 14th September 2010, 5:14 pm

I'm currently almost 6 months pregnant and 6 months into transitioning. I plan on keeping some kind of extensions in my hair until about 3 months after delivery. That will put me at 1 year into transitioning.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 15th September 2010, 11:27 pm

I don't have any kids but I would suggest braids, sewins, twists, flexi sets and rod sets until you are ready to BC. Don't rush because you dont want to regret it either.
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 17th September 2010, 2:31 pm

Yeah I would just work with it now since your still pretty early on in the pregnancy (doing what you do now) or get some braids or some kind of protective style. Especilaly once you deliver, you probably wont have a lot of time to spend on hair right away anyway... When I had my daughter, even though I wasnt transitioning then, I had micro braids done and they were great, hardly any maintenance at all....
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down