CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

+27
ytiznatural
NikkiStiletto
thatmochagirl
LadyLexus
styleandgrace
RWF2122
HAMPTONSFNST
p_nuttie43
naturallyunique
DivinelyDesigned
MzLaLaRochelle
KinaGolightly
Maricopa
MsIconic
singthealto
My Hair Fetish
RandRlove
FierceNerd
splitsun
DanyelleLoves
Iomer
lilindian
mrsmackey
AfrikanLatina
MizCarter
coshun2003
herlucidsKy
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! Empty Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

Post by herlucidsKy 24th October 2009, 11:36 am

As transitioners one of our main concerns is to make sure that our new growth is soft, moisturized and tangle-free. Some of us also want products that can weigh our new growth down to prevent puffiness for certain styles allowing it to blend in nicely with the relaxed ends.What are your holy grail products for transitioning and why? What products saved you time and headaches??
Naturals that once transitioned what did you use?! Please share!

My favorites:

Conditioner:
1. Aubrey organics White Camellia Ultra smoothing conditioner- This saved my hair!!Without this product my hair is doomed! This has extreme slip and detangles in less time! A must have in my opinion.
2. Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner- Another awesome product. It provides strength, elasticity and softness, the perfect combo! This is THE best light protein conditioner ever! I never need to use heavy protein treatments when using this. It is so light yet effective and can be used once a week without causing protein overload for my hair.

Moisturizer:
1. Unrefined Shea Butter- This will definitely give you lots of moisture for days! I sometimes use it for my braidouts because while it makes my new growth weighed down, soft and moisturized it also makes my new growth a little straighter causing it to blend in well with my relaxed ends.Just vigorously rub it between you hands until melted then smooth it in your hair with a few strokes and it stretches out your new growth! It gives well defined braidouts. I also use it over my leave-ins/moisturizers as a sealant.
2. Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Oil Heavy cream- If you want super soft,moisturized hair get this product. Like the shea it will definitely give you soft moisturized hair for days!!And it will also weigh down your new growth.This is a great alternative for those that dislike the shea butter. It has a nice creamy texture...I love it!

Oils:
Either or- Olive oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, and Wild growth oil helps to keep my hair soft, shiny, smooth and prevents dryness/brittleness. A must !

Last edited by sKy on 12th January 2010, 3:27 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : skipped lines, too many spaces, change font.)
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! Empty Re: Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

Post by coshun2003 25th October 2009, 5:18 am

I'm in my 6 month of transistioning and I have to have my EVOO, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, and Sauve Conditioner.
coshun2003
coshun2003

Back to top Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! Empty Re: Products that transtioners cant live without!?!

Post by MizCarter 25th October 2009, 9:37 am

I'm so glad there is a topic on transitioning products. You all have been very helpful. I wanted to know of some products. I'm going to try the Aubrey products. This is only week # 6 for me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks!
MizCarter
MizCarter

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th October 2009, 12:05 pm

1. Flexirods for rollersets
2. Cholesterol conditioner (its a good protein conditioner)
3. Olive Oil
4. Raw shea butter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! Empty transitioning

Post by mrsmackey 28th October 2009, 3:58 pm

My 7 and 8 year old are transitioning and this is totally helping me..thanks!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by lilindian 28th October 2009, 4:33 pm

Im loving Kicky Curly Knot today leave in, it helps comb through my thick new growth. I am 6 months into my transition

lilindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 29th October 2009, 5:32 pm

HE Hello Hydration is my favorite product so far. It makes detangling and staying moisturized easy.

I really want to try Giovanni products. I think they're called 50:50, and Leave-in conditioner. I also have heard a lot of good things about Qhemet, Aubrey, and Carol's Daughter products too.
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyelleLoves 31st October 2009, 12:06 am

Can anyone suggest a good leave in and deep conditioner that's sold in stores..that's the only thing missing from my regimen (or lack there of) at the moment
DanyelleLoves
DanyelleLoves

http://smartmouthme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 31st October 2009, 8:02 am

I'm three months into my transition and I still use my old products that I used with my relaxed hair (no sense in throwing them out now), so here is a list of my old and new:

Shampoo/Conditioner:
Victoria Secret's Nourishing Shampoo for Dry/Damaged Hair (old)
Motions Oil Moisturizer, Silk Protein Conditioner (an old product that works great with my natural growth).

Moisturizer:
Jamaican Mango and Lime Shea Butter Conditioning Sheen (new)
Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil (new)
*these two products have been awesome in my hair, especially the oil which has helped me to untangle my new growth easily, leaves my hair shiny and easily malleable. Leaves my hair smelling great too.

It's not my holy grail but it works wonders on my hair.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceNerd 2nd November 2009, 4:05 pm

I have to have my Aphogee 2 min treatment as well my cheapie conditioner for cowashes and as a base my conditioner and oil mixes!
FierceNerd
FierceNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by RandRlove 10th November 2009, 1:51 am

Castor Oil! It makes my hair so soft!

RandRlove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Hair Fetish 20th November 2009, 7:59 pm

I cant live without Aussie Moist Conditioner, My coconut/almond/ VitaminE oil mix and pillow rollers/flexi rods. And I would DIE without my Conair Thick and Wavy Detangling Comb!!!!
My Hair Fetish
My Hair Fetish

http://public.fotki.com/MyHairFetish/

Back to top Go down

Post by singthealto 21st November 2009, 5:09 pm

I have to say my Shea butter is the one!! I haven't touched anything else for hold since I got it. Best investment so far....
singthealto
singthealto

http://members.fotki.com/singthealto/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsIconic 21st November 2009, 6:18 pm

Shea Butter definitely!! My hair sucks up moisture like a sponge, and the shea butter helps so much with keeping my new growth soft and manageable. I actually didn't start using it til after my little (15y.o.) sister told me to! lol!
MsIconic
MsIconic

http://www.almostsimple.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 28th November 2009, 7:44 pm

Cantu leave in conditioner a must have! Still searching for a good detangler my permed ends tends to get ball up into knots!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by KinaGolightly 30th November 2009, 3:51 pm

Thank you so much for this thread!
KinaGolightly
KinaGolightly

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 1st December 2009, 2:13 pm

I put EVOO mixed with a little Pantene Relaxed & Natual conditioner on my hair with a cap over it and sleep with my hair like that every Friday night. I get up early on Saturday mornings and co-wash. I use a bit of Aussie Moist Conditioner as a leave in and seal with raw shea butter. This is the ONLY thing that has helped my hair to be manageable.

P.S..My inner PJ had me pick up some Aphogee 2min treatment the other day..will try on Saturday & let you know how it goes!
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 1st December 2009, 6:58 pm

MzLaLaRochelle that sounds like a great way to eliminate tangle hair/ends after washing.....I've tried the Aphogee 2 min conditioner it's great. Although, when it comes to the treatment I am very hesitant to use, be very careful with the Aphogee treament, follow the directions to the "T". BTW I have been transitioning since June 2009 as well....."happy Napptural Journey to ya!"
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Products that transtioners cant live without!?! Empty Products

Post by DivinelyDesigned 2nd December 2009, 2:46 pm

I only use products that are organic or at least 95% organic/natural.

My favs are
1. Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner
2. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner
3. Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Moisture Conditioner
4. Dr. Bronner's Pure-Catille Soap (Peppermint)

I use #1-3 as overnight deep conditioning treatments, alternating each week. The 4th week of the month, I wash with #4 and deep condition with AO Glycogen Conditioner. I only purchase the above, all other products are homemade.
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyunique 2nd December 2009, 5:09 pm

Right now,

I'm totally lovng Oyin's Honey Hemp Conditioner & Oyin's Juices and Berries!!!

Anyways, I think they are well worth the price....the Honey Hemp has GREEEEEEEEAT SLIP! (It's that Behentrimonium Methosulfate!!! Real talk) & it's light enough to use as a leave-in also.

Juices and Berries is alsoo a fabulous leave in, detangles well & leaves hair extra soft.

Also, ORS Replenshing Conditioner as a DEEP conditioner!

LOVE THEM ALL!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallyunique
naturallyunique

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 2nd December 2009, 8:39 pm

WELL my must haves have been
-- pure shea butter
-- olive oil
-- coconut oil (i just got this about a week ago and i put it in everything and LOVE THE SMELL!)
-- HE Hello Hydration as a co wash
-- Hair mayonaisse as a deep conditioner but i just might make a concoction from the recipes i'm seeing on the forum
-- just bought some castor oil and almond seed oil soooo we'll see were all this takes me
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd December 2009, 11:09 am

I just recently bought a Carol's Daughter set that includes the Black Vanilla shampoo, hair smoothie and Healthy Hair Butter. I love the smell of the smoothie. It smells so yummy and I use the hair butter to seal my ends all the time. Since I'm transitioning I must have my flexi rods and satin foam rollers. I have to do something with those permed ends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by RWF2122 3rd December 2009, 1:02 pm

1. Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted for styling
2. Say yes to carrots conditioner for co-wash
3. Shower comb
4. Ampro Styl Gel (Brown)
RWF2122
RWF2122

Back to top Go down

Post by styleandgrace 6th December 2009, 9:39 pm

Ladies, where can I purchase the unrefined shea butter? Besides online. Are there any well-known stores?
styleandgrace
styleandgrace

http://birthdayalamode.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyLexus 7th December 2009, 12:18 am

@styleandgrace

I know they have unrefined shea butter at Whole Foods in different sizes so you can give it a try. I think it is cheaper online though if you decide you like it.
LadyLexus
LadyLexus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next