CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...?

2 posters

Go down

Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...? Empty Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...?

Post by curl_Gurl 6th August 2010, 2:17 pm

Last week I posted that I was looking for a salon that does
Dominican blow-outs. And I received a lot of responses warning me to be
cautious of Dominican blow-outs. I have not yet done any research to confirm
this, so I wanted to know everyone's opinions or personal experiences with
Dominican blow-outs. I've been transitioning for 5 months and instead of
getting my hair flat ironed for a trim i thought i would get a blow-out that
way I can get my trim and my hair could have some bounce and body to it. What do
ya'll think...???
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...? Empty Re: Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...?

Post by swt_sunny 6th August 2010, 4:03 pm

I've went to Domincan salons on and off for the past few yrs and am transitioning also...it's true, it is a lot of heat. When I was relaxed oftentimes I'd ask the stylist to just lightly blowdry the roots, but not a full on blow dry...when I did do a full on blow dry it became too straight for my liking and went a little limp. I think as long as you communicate exactly what you want it will be fine. I've had issues where there was a language barrier - my hair always looked good in the end but wasn't exactly what I wanted because sometimes the stylist didn't understand me.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...? Empty Re: Are Dominican Blow-Outs damaging to the hair...?

Post by curl_Gurl 6th August 2010, 4:49 pm

Ok, I appreciate the advice thanks
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down