CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging?

+4
curleebrown
bevyboo628
Jonezy
xoxoKev31
8 posters

Go down

Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging? Empty Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging?

Post by xoxoKev31 15th December 2009, 8:30 am

Just like a lot of you fab naturals, I've become addicted to the Denman Brush! It's the greatest thing ever invented for natural hair. Amazing! But I've noticed that I lose more hair when I detangle with the Denman, then I do with a wide tooth comb. What's up with that? Is it just really good at collecting shed hair or is it damaging my hair? btw I have the classic D4?(i think) brush.
xoxoKev31
xoxoKev31

https://www.facebook.com/Kevina.Pennington

Back to top Go down

Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging? Empty Re: Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging?

Post by Jonezy 15th December 2009, 9:47 am

I try to always detangle with a wide tooth comb first, then attack with the deman lol I don't notice much hair in my bush.

I do find that if I'm not careful with the Denman I get more knots--I've seen a few others attribute splits and knots to their Denman too.

So I do think you have to be careful with it and some hair just can't take it.
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging? Empty Re: Denman, good @ collecting shed hair Or Damaging?

Post by bevyboo628 15th December 2009, 2:56 pm

I usually untangle with my fingers then use the denman. I use it more to spread the conditioner through every strand.
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Post by curleebrown 16th December 2009, 3:12 pm

Like Jonezy, I also like to detangle with a wide tooth comb. I use the Jibere comb and then I use the denman brush on wet or damp hair. With this method, there is very little hair lost. The only time I notice a lot of hair in the denman brush, is if I'm trying to retwist a braidout/braid-n-curl on dry hair and brushing with the denman beforehand.
curleebrown
curleebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 16th December 2009, 7:45 pm

If the Denman D3 doesn't work for you try the D41; that one has teeth that are spaced farther apart.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by Synamon89 16th December 2009, 9:26 pm

I would lose SO much hair when detangling with a comb, but since I've started using the D3, I hardly lose any hair at all and I actually found it easier to detangle when I'm in the shower w/my conditioner. When my hair air dries, it dries much more defined than it used to also.

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 31st December 2009, 7:31 pm

Synamon89 wrote:I would lose SO much hair when detangling with a comb, but since I've started using the D3, I hardly lose any hair at all and I actually found it easier to detangle when I'm in the shower w/my conditioner. When my hair air dries, it dries much more defined than it used to also.

This is very rare that you would loose less hair with a brush compared to a comb. What kind of comb where you using? Was it a wide tooth comb?

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 31st December 2009, 9:44 pm

I think it's great at collectiong shed hair.

Finger comb, wide tooth comb, then Denman.

I looked through the Denman D3 Brush the other day and pulled out several strands of my daughters hair to see if they had the little white bulb on the end (shed hair) and sure enough they all did.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down