CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dominican Blowout on 3c hair

5 posters

Go down

Dominican Blowout on 3c hair Empty Dominican Blowout on 3c hair

Post by TheRealGlo 18th May 2010, 3:17 am

I'm considering getting a Dominican blowout done on my freshly BC'd 3c hair. I transitioned for a year, and I had a lot of heat damage on my ends due to years of thermal flat ironing (not the plug in ceramic flat irons) but the real deal with the oven and marcels! Anywho, I wanted to take a break from my curls and try this technique. However, I am scared I will experience heat damage where my curls just won't bounce back.

Just an explanation of how the Dominican blowout goes down for those who don't know: After hair is washed and conditioned, the hair is set with setting lotion and roller set on huge rollers. Then sit under the dryer until hair is dry then har is blown out with various round brushes with a blow dryer on a very hot powerful setting. (I posted a video of a Dominican Blowout on the very bottom)

The results are beautiful and hair has so much body, but I wanted to know if anyone else has tried the Dominican Blowout and experienced permanent heat damage. If so, it's not worth it for me to ruin my curls. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JtyB-HrEHg

TheRealGlo

Back to top Go down

Dominican Blowout on 3c hair Empty Re: Dominican Blowout on 3c hair

Post by ktoliver5303 18th May 2010, 7:50 am

I have seen it done on youtube and that smoke and heat SCARES ME!! I am not a fan of heat like that. I saw on youtube a chic that did that and she got heat damage. She had like a patch of hair that would not curl at all anymore and I was sold on the no heat like that thing.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th May 2010, 10:01 am

I highly suggest trying to rollerset yourself and then wrapping in saran/plastic wrap. If you still do not have the look you desire, use a flat iron on a low to medium setting. You would be amazed at the results--body, shine and volume.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 18th May 2010, 11:43 am

hmmm I'm not sure...I live in NY so there are dominican shops at every corner. I'm still transitioning (5 months in but had such a greatly underproccesed relaxer that it seems much longer lol) but I used to go every so often for relaxer, blow out. I've noticed that a front section of my hair of the left side is not as curly as the other, but I'm not sure if it's from the heat or if it'll change once everythings cut off. In an effort to be safer, I get a roller set and have them lightly blow to roots for like a minute and stop or just get a roller set and touch up the roots w/ a low flat iron when I get home. I rarely get a full on blow out, not because I dont like the end result though - I'm a wimp and the blow dryer is just too much for me lol

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by taurus804 19th May 2010, 12:50 pm

i consider myself a 3C and i love love love getting blowouts. my strands are thick and can withstand the heat. if its too hot just let the stylist know.

taurus804

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down