CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can't it stay this way??

+3
curlybarbi48
DreamMerchant
Naturalin2010
7 posters

Go down

Why can't it stay this way?? Empty Why can't it stay this way??

Post by Naturalin2010 31st July 2010, 9:46 pm

I found the picture that I took when I used the Eco custard for my twist out. Here is my problem, when my hair is wet, it looks curly and I can see a little definition. When it dries, only the ends are really curly/clumpy, like in the avitar. I think that pictire is the result of the eco custard twist out. What length did you notice your hair "hangin" after a twist out as opposed to straight out and up. (if that makes any sense). My hair is very very thick and I'm afraid my hair will not loosen up enough after I take the twists out. Or do I just need to be patient and give it time?

[img:4e2c]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Why can't it stay this way?? Empty Re: Why can't it stay this way??

Post by DreamMerchant 31st July 2010, 10:37 pm

I think you just need more time. Now that I think about it. The reason why your ends were so curly was because as you twisted your hair, it got less dense towards the ends. It is thick at the roots and then it got thinner. I think you need a new technique! Try smaller clumps of hair. Maybe you could split those sections in two next time you try it!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 1st August 2010, 7:59 pm

I think your twists are too big. I did that to my hair yesterday, but I did big, chunky braids, and the back of my head was a hot mess. The hair was just clumped together and looked "not so curly or defined" at all. Try, as DreamMerchant suggested, smaller twists. I would actually make three or four twists out of each of your current twists.

Hope this helps.1
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 2nd August 2010, 11:48 am

thanks DreamMerchant and curlybarbi48! I think I'm going to have to try that. I swear frustration is really setting in right about now and I don't know what to do. I retwisted last night in which I thought were smaller than the pic above. Apparently not, my hair looks like a chicken been picking in it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] A little definition here and there and frizzy in other places. I only used water/coconut oil/shea moisture curl enhancer smoothie and sealed it with raw shea butter. I had co-washed earlier that morning. Approximately how many twists do you end up with?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd August 2010, 11:49 am

I agree with DreamMerchant and Curlybarbi. You need to make your twist small until your hair gets longer.

Your twist outs will hang when your hair gets longer but for now, just try making you twist smaller.

Here is a pic of my twist when my hair was about your length

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 2nd August 2010, 11:59 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I agree with DreamMerchant and Curlybarbi. You need to make your twist small until your hair gets longer.

Your twist outs will hang when your hair gets longer but for now, just try making you twist smaller.

I love love love love your avatar pic...GORGEOUS!!!!!

Anywho...what did you use on your twist when your hair was short?

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 2nd August 2010, 12:56 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I agree with DreamMerchant and Curlybarbi. You need to make your twist small until your hair gets longer.

This definitely helps! I love it. I guess my problem is that I'm so impatient and this will take a long time. Normally, it takes me about an hour. Now, when you did this, was it on wet or dry hair. And what products did you use? Also, do you have an after shot of this?
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd August 2010, 2:58 pm

4EverNatural wrote:

Thanks!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Back then I was using Oyin Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding for my twist

Naturalin2010 wrote:

This definitely helps! I love it. I guess my problem is that I'm so impatient and this will take a long time. Normally, it takes me about an hour. Now, when you did this, was it on wet or dry hair. And what products did you use? Also, do you have an after shot of this?

I twisted it on wet hair using Oyin Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding.

Here is a pic of the twist out...

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 2nd August 2010, 4:22 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
4EverNatural wrote:

Thanks!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Back then I was using Oyin Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding for my twist

Naturalin2010 wrote:

I twisted it on wet hair using Oyin Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding.

Here is a pic of the twist out...

This looks nice. I can see my hair doing this! So, I'll twist them smaller tonight and see how it will turn out in the morning. Hmm, I'm wondering if I need to re-cowash or can I do it dry with some water/coconut oil/eco styler gel.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 2nd August 2010, 9:42 pm

I also get the best defined twistouts when I leave the twists in for at least two days. It will all come together for you before you know it.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd August 2010, 9:46 pm

I was just about to "say" that DreamMerchant. When my hair was this length, I got the best twist outs when I left the twist in for 2 or 3 days.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 2nd August 2010, 10:57 pm

I have to learn to part my hair better if I were to leave them in - LOL! Also, I would have to do them on a Fri night, because I work from home except Tues/Thurs. I put them in a little smaller tonight, so I'll see my results in the morning. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 2nd August 2010, 11:34 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I was just about to "say" that DreamMerchant. When my hair was this length, I got the best twist outs when I left the twist in for 2 or 3 days.

It is because great minds think alike! Lynnie, your avatar pics are always the bomb! Naturalin2010 will have bangin' hair very soon and I will be asking HER for advice! lol
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 3rd August 2010, 2:19 pm

@DreamMerchant - LOL! I hope so Smile Well, things didn't turn out right this morning. I made my twist smaller last night and took them out this morning and was a complete puffy mess! I got frustrated and washed my hair again and just rocked a fro to work. I'm going to do some research because I saw something someone else had a problem with not enough protein? I'm wondering if that could be my case because my hair will not hold moisture too well. It dries really fast and I can't get the roots moist for nothing. Even when I had my perm, my new growth was dry. The perm really damaged my hair though from an assessment I had done last year from a hairdresser. My hair would always be fuzzy, especially in the back-even with the relaxer. Worth looking into.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 4th August 2010, 1:27 am

i noticed hanging after about a year and two months when i took the time to make them tiny b.c i wanted to get some hang action lol
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 4th August 2010, 1:35 am

Naturalin2010 wrote:@DreamMerchant - LOL! I hope so Smile Well, things didn't turn out right this morning. I made my twist smaller last night and took them out this morning and was a complete puffy mess! I got frustrated and washed my hair again and just rocked a fro to work. I'm going to do some research because I saw something someone else had a problem with not enough protein? I'm wondering if that could be my case because my hair will not hold moisture too well. It dries really fast and I can't get the roots moist for nothing. Even when I had my perm, my new growth was dry. The perm really damaged my hair though from an assessment I had done last year from a hairdresser. My hair would always be fuzzy, especially in the back-even with the relaxer. Worth looking into.

There is a test at the end of this article to help you determine if you need more moisture or more protein: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 4th August 2010, 10:53 am

@jamarian - that's funny!

@naturallyesq - what a coincidence. This was the site and contributor that I did my research on. I think this may be me. My cuticles are very damaged from the perm days. I made an egg protein treatment concoction that I found from a youtuber and I can tell a difference already. My hair was not as hard this morning and it is still a little softer right now. What I did was let the egg concoction set in a baggie for 30 min.Rinsed in cool water. Co-washed with Giovanni SAS, rinsed again in cool water. Put in Giovanni Direct Leave in. Followed by coconut oil/kiwi oil and castor oil. I have to keep remembering that oils are not moisurizers, they are sealants. I need to find good leave in moisturizers. I want to moisturize at least 2x day.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 6th August 2010, 2:23 pm

loll Smile
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down