CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twists won't stay

4 posters

Go down

Twists won't stay Empty Twists won't stay

Post by aprilj90 4th December 2010, 1:05 pm

So granted I am a transitioner (again) but whenever I do twists the pattern doesn't really stay. I've heard people say they use gel while doing their twists and then their twist outs are amazing. How do you use the gel? Do you put it on while doing the twists or apply it after the twists are already twisted lol
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Twists won't stay Empty Re: Twists won't stay

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 1:26 pm

I don't use gel but I would do it WHILE you are twisting. Also, maybe try twisting the twists as you twist!! Does that make sense? that way the hair will be more tightly twisted and if you do it with the gel it should hold better.

What else do you put on the hair while twisting? If you're doing it dry then yeah, it won't stay. But if you do it while wet and with good product it will stay good. My hair in my avatar pic was from Thanksgiving and I used Cantu Shea leave in and Hot Six oil on top to seal it. I LOVED the way it came out. I can usually get a few days out of a twist out. Hope this helps!!
afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 4th December 2010, 1:38 pm

Hey Aprilj90! I am also a transitioner. I use Lottaboy setting lotion and Cantu Leave in. I've gotten them to hold 3 days (but I have HIH disease really bad, lol). I also always do twist and curls with damp hair. Sometimes I use a tiny bit of jam on the ends with a rod or the plastic part of a sponge roller. It always comes out very soft and quite fragrant... How long is your hair? My avatar is a pretty good depiction of my first day twist and curl. Its looks better as days pass.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 5th December 2010, 11:08 pm

Well I'm ashamed to say but I tranistioned for 6 months before I got a perm (my mothers words wore me down lol) my hair is APL now but I just started transitioning so I have very little new growth, but my roots are extremely thick. I don't have the time or will power to do a million tiny twists but twisting with gel does sound reasonable. I usually just used a watered down conditioner and EVOO...lol my regimen needs work as you can see Smile
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 5th December 2010, 11:15 pm

you may need a heavier product such as a creamy conditioner or shea butter to help you get the definition youre desiring. if you choose you use gel take some spoonfuls of the products youre going to use and put them in a seperate container. add the gel of your choice, mix, and apply to each section youre twisting. thats what i do. when i transitioned i used garnier fructis cream gel ($3-4 at Target, walmart, cvs, walgreens). Squeeze some out add couple drops of evoo mix and apply to each section youre twisting
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 5th December 2010, 11:19 pm

what would the evoo do to the mix?
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 5th December 2010, 11:42 pm

add shine and moisture as well as help seal
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 6th December 2010, 10:07 pm

gotcha. I did twists last night on a random whim, they turned out decent, I think I just need to start twisting closer to my roots
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th December 2010, 10:18 pm

yeah, don't do them loose cuz you won't get good results, unless of course the results you're looking for is more of a wavy pattern as opposed to a crunkly pattern. Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down