CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which ingredients should I stay away from

5 posters

Go down

Which ingredients should I stay away from Empty Which ingredients should I stay away from

Post by barb37075 5th February 2011, 6:08 pm

List the for me please.

barb37075

Back to top Go down

Which ingredients should I stay away from Empty Re: Which ingredients should I stay away from

Post by NickiK 5th February 2011, 6:35 pm

hey they say sulfate any shampoos with sulfate in it and products with mineral oils and petroleum. But you have to learn what works for your hair because you hair just might like certain things

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Which ingredients should I stay away from Empty Re: Which ingredients should I stay away from

Post by TXCHOCLTE 5th February 2011, 9:09 pm

Hi barb37075...a lot of the ingredients that may be recommended that you stay away from may actually work for YOU...as a new natural, it is going to be all about experimenting while trying not to brake the bank...just wanted to send you a link that I refer to a lot when I am not sure about certain ingredients...i hope it helps...http://www.tightlycurly.com/ingredients/
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 6th February 2011, 3:31 pm

I agree with the above. Its not always the CG (Curly Girl) items we should avoid like mineral oils, sulfates and silicons, sometimes its also the more benevolent items we need to avoid. For me its glycerin (along with mineral oils and 'cones), for others its coconut oil, ingredients that are or contain protein, etc. My hair does OK with mild sulfates. You have to experiment and see what works for you.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 6th February 2011, 4:46 pm

Growing your hair natural is definitely a trial and error. What works on another head maybe bad for yours. Go to naturallycurly.com to see what is recommended for curlies and what's not. I've learned silicone is not good for my hair but you have a lot of women that love this ingredient. It really depends on you and what your hair can tolerate.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down