CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 21 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by freckledmom4 29th September 2010, 12:44 pm

I love your twist styles. I need to stop playing and practice twisting because the cooler temps are creeping up on me. I'm trying hard to retire my puff too, but it's soooo easy to do. I think that I am straightening the front of my hair by slicking it back so often-is that possible? Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how penny waas doing-by the looks of it she's doing great.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 21 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 12:53 pm

iri9109 wrote:cute! i like your color 2

Thank you....I really don't like the 2 colors, but I'm working with it. Until it grows out!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th September 2010, 12:58 pm

I love the twist style - I'm not that creative when it come to styling my twists. Very nice.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 1:00 pm

CrissyQ wrote:WOW, now thats cute, your color is nice. Is it from your henna?

Thanks Crissy...

The color on the ends is the color that I did in December, and the henna is on top that. In person you can see the color on the black. It's not a virbrant as the ends. **sigh**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 1:14 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I love your twist styles. I need to stop playing and practice twisting because the cooler temps are creeping up on me. I'm trying hard to retire my puff too, but it's soooo easy to do. I think that I am straightening the front of my hair by slicking it back so often-is that possible? Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how penny waas doing-by the looks of it she's doing great.

Thanks Fmom4

I had to get ready for the cooler temps as well. My last puff entailed a long detangling session as well as knots!! affraid Also, I don't believe I was truly embracing my natualness with the smoothness I as was getting with my puff! LOL

You know I was trying to figure out why the curls in the front were looser, but I contributed that to the henna treatments. I don't know if slicking it back would contribute to making it straight....I wonder as well. scratch

Thanks for stopping by, and you should try twists you would love it. It only took me about 9 months to get the technique down! lol!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th September 2010, 1:17 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love the twist style - I'm not that creative when it come to styling my twists. Very nice.

Creative...how about copy!! I look at YouTube and check out what the ladies are doing on CN and go from there!! Very Happy

You have the lenght...you can do a lot of cute styles. It will just take a little time..it took me almost 3 hrs to twist on dry hair. I make sure my hair is at least damp next time....it just felt a little too dry/rough for me.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th September 2010, 1:39 pm

Love the twists and the color!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 29th September 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey KNH!

I'm liking the twists...I've been wearing mine to work, too. Now, I gotta get my pin-up game working. Lookin' good, Lady!

And like everyone else, I need to know: What color is your hair? Is that henna? Give up the scoop! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th September 2010, 1:07 pm

krazy coils wrote:Love the twists and the color!

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I'm liking the twists...I've been wearing mine to work, too. Now, I gotta get my pin-up game working. Lookin' good, Lady!

And like everyone else, I need to know: What color is your hair? Is that henna? Give up the scoop! LOL

Thanks Ladies...

For real...the color is the result of my henna treatments. Now the ends are much lighter because that is henna on top of a permenant color I did back in December. That's all the scoop I promise...LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th September 2010, 2:51 pm

Ok Miss Lady...what kinda of henna do you use? I gotta get me that brand! LOL

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th September 2010, 3:23 pm

Heyyyy! Stopping in even tho we chatted on fb. Hair is looking good! Love the flat twist/twist/twistout combo. I now see what I've been missing by not being here. Creative ideas. I've been doin the same ol same ol. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st October 2010, 1:34 am

Love the new avi, KNH. Your hair is really looking great!! Smile
That henna is giving you a beautiful color.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 7:56 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Ok Miss Lady...what kinda of henna do you use? I gotta get me that brand! LOL

I use the following henna.....

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 21 IMG_5324__96898__66962_thumb
Rajasthani Henna 2010
Fresh and Finely Sifted - Body Art Quality - Suitable for Hair or Body Art

This is 100% pure henna, grown in Sojat, Rajasthan, an Indian region thought by many to be the source of the world’s best henna. Harvested in Spring 2010. Upon processing the leaves, the henna was finely sifted, double packaged in air tight plastic bags, and again packaged in foil packaging to protect to ensure freshness and protection from light and moisture.

This henna is 100% pure, natural, and fresh. No added chemicals, dyes, or perfumes are in this henna. This henna is not blended with any other herbs. It is safe for use on either hair or skin. It is BAQ (body art quality). This Rajasthani henna has been finely sifted for easy rinsing after your hair treatments, mixing in formulations, or for tattoo/bridal art.
Expect bright copper red hues when used on light hair. Darker hair will experience varying tones from reddish brown to deep coppery tones depending on the usage.

Along with the henna is use about 25% of this hibiscus powder..

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 21 Hibiscus-powder3__79218_thumb
In Ayurveda, Hibiscus (Jaswand) is known as one of the best secrets to beautiful and healthy hair. Hibiscus promotes hair growth, stops hairfall, gives hair a healthy luster with bounce, and delays premature graying. Hibiscus has been a wonderful ingredient in hair treatments that combine other ayurvedic herbs such as alma and brahmi. For henna color treatments, hibiscus is used to achieve a burgandy to black cherry color on hair. It is also slightly acidic and helps to aid in a faster henna dye release. As a drinkable tea, hibiscus is a natural body coolant and makes a great refreshing drink. Even better is using hibiscus powder in a tea rinse for hair!

I order both from this following site which I was lead to from Chrs BnB thread when I first join CN.

http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/

The ends are more vibrant than my roots, but you can really see the burgundy color all over in person!!

I also plan to order several oils from this site as well especially Alma oil, because they carry the kind without mineral oil in it!!

Oh.......my henna mixture consist of 3 parts henna and 1 part hibiscus powder with mineral water; lemon juice; honey and EVOO. That's it. I let it sit for about 8 hrs at room temperature, and then I apply to clean wet hair and let it sit for up to 5 hrs. I love the color and the conditioning benefits...

HTH... I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 7:58 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Heyyyy! Stopping in even tho we chatted on fb. Hair is looking good! Love the flat twist/twist/twistout combo. I now see what I've been missing by not being here. Creative ideas. I've been doin the same ol same ol. Lol.

Hey JnB....

Been missing you girl!!! Glad you checked in, and I didn't know about the same ole; same ole...heck the last time I saw you; you were rocking some awesome mini twists...stop holding out girl!!! LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 7:59 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love the new avi, KNH. Your hair is really looking great!! Smile

Hey IB....

Good to see you on CN. I keep up with you on FB I didn't post comments, but the pictures of your family are just simply beautiful!!

I love the color as well thanks!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 1st October 2010, 8:03 am

Hey KNH,
Nice pics. Great color. That hibiscus powder looks interesting-vibrant color. You're working the different styles.

Have a great day! TGIF!!!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st October 2010, 8:06 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Love the new avi, KNH. Your hair is really looking great!! Smile

Hey IB....

Good to see you on CN. I keep up with you on FB I didn't post comments, but the pictures of your family are just simply beautiful!!

I love the color as well thanks!!

Thank you, KNH.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 8:52 am

TGIF run

Today Penny is 11 months old!! dance I bc'ed October 31st and since Sept only has 30 days that makes my 11 month anniversary today. This is really been a wonderful journey, but I can truly say I've learned so much in the last couple of months. I know now to keep things simple....not going to go into all of that detail right now, but I have a lot to share and a few surprises too. I'll unveil all of that later this month.

Just want to thank everyone for your words of encouragement, and support because I know I couldn't have gotten this far without the ladies from this site!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 8:53 am

Title Change...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st October 2010, 8:54 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,
Nice pics. Great color. That hibiscus powder looks interesting-vibrant color. You're working the different styles.

Have a great day! TGIF!!!

Thanks Dva....I like the results as well...

Have a great day yourself...still looking good girl!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 1st October 2010, 10:53 am

Aww congrats on Penny turning 11 months old Smile Youve taken such good care of her and time is flying by!! Wait until she hits that one year old status? WOWZA!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 1st October 2010, 10:57 am

Congrats on 11 months! Ima do better. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st October 2010, 11:56 am

Congratulations on 11 months!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st October 2010, 11:57 am

happy 11 months
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st October 2010, 1:58 pm

Congratulations on 11 months!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next