CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 8:14 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist are CUTE!!!

LOL @ you about to acting up in the salon....asking for your deposit back LOL!!!

Love the eyeshadow. I need to start wearing eyeshadow. I'm scared I will look like a clown. LOL!!

Cute headband too!!!

WEAR THOSE TWIST DOWN!!! lol!

Thanks Lynn....

I know I felt kinda bad after I calmed down (which was after she trimmed my ends) I think I need to go a little darker my my eyeshadow color, but like you I really don't want to look like a clown or real made up. My mother told me a long time ago that the purpose of make-up is to enhance what we have, and not to look made up!

Headband straight from Target..got it in brown as well!!

Now you know that will be the last picture of those twists down... lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 8:17 am

Notthecoolmom wrote:You better than me...I don't know what it would take to get me back in a salon again.

No better...I had done so much cutting throughout my hair I had to go and get a professional trim. It was not easy trust me...my nerves were so bad. That is why I kinda flipped out in the beginning of my appointment!! LOL

kinksncurls wrote:Your twists look great. I'm glad you're happy with the results considering the wait. I'm still working up the gumption to find my way into a salon. I think it will take a personal recommendation from a fellow natural in my area to finally get me there lol.

Thanks KnC..

The wait was not cool. If she had explained things to me right at the beginning I think things would have gone a lot better. I know what you mean...I've been stalking this salon for a year. My friend got her big chop done there, and I've been in there before I met JnB. I just got the nerve up to just make the appointment and go!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 8:18 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Your twist are CUTE!!!

LOL @ you about to acting up in the salon....asking for your deposit back LOL!!!

Love the eyeshadow. I need to start wearing eyeshadow. I'm scared I will look like a clown. LOL!!

Cute headband too!!!

WEAR THOSE TWIST DOWN!!!
lol!

What she said! Looking good!

lol! now you know I'm not going to wear those twist down!!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th October 2010, 9:28 am

OK you look too cute! I love that headband in the puff pic. OOO you makin me want braids, Is you head sore? Thats what i am scared of.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th October 2010, 9:42 am

Love the twists KNH!!!! I was debating on whether or not to get some but I think you're gonna push me to do so lol. But idk if I would rather just do them myself or go to a salon. I may just have to make a trip down to Houston and go to this place you went because I don't trust the people in SA to much with my hair.

Now about this Baby Curl Human Hair... I've never heard of this lol I'm going to have to go and investigate lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th October 2010, 11:52 am

lmaoooo u funny as heeeell. i love the twist and HOPEFULLY you'll keep em long enuff to take advantage of NOT doin nothing to ur hair for a minute.

and in ref to ur reply from my blog: "its just hair and i want it" lmaoooo!!! i had noah's voice in mind on the movie in the jacuzzi scene "he's mine...and i got em"

THANX again for the tui, im so excited to be reunited Very Happy now i do love the shadow cuz its a subtle neutral color but YES u can get a bit bolder with it. dont be scuuured.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 29th October 2010, 12:12 pm

Hey KNH,,

Love your twists!I agree with Nubie that you should get a little bold with the eyecolor Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 12:43 pm

CrissyQ wrote:OK you look too cute! I love that headband in the puff pic. OOO you makin me want braids, Is you head sore? Thats what i am scared of.

Hey Crissy....thanks girl. Headband came from Target!!! I got it in brown too. Nope my head is NOT sore at all!!! This hair is very interesting...its called Secret and it has a curl patter to it...so this morning I had to spritz the twists because they were dry!!! WTH...ROTL!! I'm really liking it for real!!

You just need to find the right person to do it. It took 6 hrs and that was the hardest part. (sitting that long) However, there wasn't any pain during or afterward. I like the patterned she twisted my hair in. I'll try and get Xander to take picture tonight so I can so you what I mean.

mstokes2008 wrote:Love the twists KNH!!!! I was debating on whether or not to get some but I think you're gonna push me to do so lol. But idk if I would rather just do them myself or go to a salon. I may just have to make a trip down to Houston and go to this place you went because I don't trust the people in SA to much with my hair.

Now about this Baby Curl Human Hair... I've never heard of this lol I'm going to have to go and investigate lol

Girl you need to get right on down here to H-Town. I'm telling you I'm very impressed with her work and I love my hair!! However, if you can do them yourself, save the money!!

Now about his Baby Curl Human Hair....check out the link below. I really want to try this, but I looking like this Suspect trying to figure how to put this in my budget. I mean I want a steamer for Christmas and I've planned to save during November to get it (you know not buying products, bringing my lunch, cooking instead of going out to eat on 2nd Sundays)

Anyway....check out the link and let me know what you think.

Baby Curl Human Hair
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 12:49 pm

NubieNatty wrote:lmaoooo u funny as heeeell. i love the twist and HOPEFULLY you'll keep em long enuff to take advantage of NOT doin nothing to ur hair for a minute. I was a mess yesterday..I should be embrassed Embarassed but I'm NOT!!! LOL I plan too...I don't know if you remember, but I had braids in which I kept them in from February to April. My hair really grew then, so I'm expecting big things out of Penny as it relates to growth!!

and in ref to ur reply from my blog: "its just hair and i want it" lmaoooo!!! i had noah's voice in mind on the movie in the jacuzzi scene "he's mine...and i got em"

LOL...I was so serious!!! I really wish they would bring the boys back don't you?

THANX again for the tui, im so excited to be reunited Very Happy now i do love the shadow cuz its a subtle neutral color but YES u can get a bit bolder with it. dont be scuuured.

You are welcome...I got ride of a couple of other products as well. You would be proud of me... Very Happy

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,,

Love your twists!I agree with Nubie that you should get a little bold with the eyecolor Smile

Thanks KC...

You and Nubie are right. I just don't know where to start with the colors. So I'm going to make a trip to MAC this weekend and hopefully they will show me how to apply the colors, then I'm going to go by some cheap eyeshadow to experiment with. Don't want to spend a lot of money learning..you know what I mean? LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th October 2010, 2:21 pm

Love the twists! They look like your hair. I so badly need my hair shaped but I'm scared. Plus my hair grows at varying rates so I'd have to keep going, and I'd rather do other things with my money. I plan to PS soon. I keep saying this but after seeing your twists. I think it is time to do some small twists. Thanks for inspiring me!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th October 2010, 3:01 pm

oooh pretty twists knh! i like that hair much better than that marley hair i used when i tried to do my own kinky twists last year. that hair was ROUGH! oh and that link didn't take me to the baby curl hair, but a style gallery.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 29th October 2010, 11:28 pm

LOVE IT! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 678474
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th October 2010, 1:52 am

Your twists look great!!! And yeah, wear them down! Pin 'em when they get fuzzy...LOL

I can't say nothin about trippin in the beauty salon...I truly would have done the same thang! LMAO You know I would!

Have a good one, lady!! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th October 2010, 9:33 am

I love your twists. You were right to ask for the deposit back. I hate having to make an appointment and then having wait even longer to get my services.

You look great.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th October 2010, 2:03 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Love the twists! They look like your hair. I so badly need my hair shaped but I'm scared. Plus my hair grows at varying rates so I'd have to keep going, and I'd rather do other things with my money. I plan to PS soon. I keep saying this but after seeing your twists. I think it is time to do some small twists. Thanks for inspiring me!

I was scared for real, but I really needed my ends trimmed by a professional. I had done too much damage myself. LOL I can't wait for you to PS I remember last winter all of the beautiful styles you wore!!

CocaColaCutie wrote:oooh pretty twists knh! i like that hair much better than that marley hair i used when i tried to do my own kinky twists last year. that hair was ROUGH! oh and that link didn't take me to the baby curl hair, but a style gallery.

Thanks C-Cube I really like this hair it feels much better than the marley hair. When you click on the like it does take to you a style gallery, but look in the online store and click on hair. You will find the baby curl hair there!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th October 2010, 2:10 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:LOVE IT! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 678474

Thanks FM$

TheRYL1 wrote:Your twists look great!!! And yeah, wear them down! Pin 'em when they get fuzzy...LOL

I can't say nothin about trippin in the beauty salon...I truly would have done the same thang! LMAO You know I would!

Have a good one, lady!! ;-)

Hey RYL1...thanks hun!! How are things...glad to see you posting. Yeah I was having issues at that salon for real, but things worked out!! Not gonna where the hair down. I really don't like the way it feels on my neck. Crazy I know...LOL

BlondeByDesire wrote:I love your twists. You were right to ask for the deposit back. I hate having to make an appointment and then having wait even longer to get my services.

You look great.

Thanks B...I think that salons mostly the black salons should be mindful of their clients times. All of this over-booking to get more money is just crazy and I don't have the patience for that anymore!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 30th October 2010, 9:13 pm

You are too funny!! Razz askng for your money back....The ghost of salon visits past will get a sister everytime!! lol! But just look at your hair, it looks great and she only trimmed 1/4 of an inch off. That means you've really been taking care of your hair. Enjoy the freedom for the next six weeks.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th October 2010, 9:29 pm

So....Penny and I are officially celebrating being 100% natural right now. cheers

I will not say that this time has flown by, because it did not. However, I've had a wonderful year of learning what being natural is really all about.

It was not what I expected at all...in fact I thought I would cut my hair and I would have curls popping all over the place. No Well ladies....that was so NOT the case.

I was going to do a video about my journey through pictures, but I think I've done that already. (if you've missed them you can see the videos on my YouTube channel) Then I thought I would write a long post reflecting on my journey this last year. However, I've done that every day since January through my Butters~n~Bars thread and now here on CS.

So I will start out this 2nd year with my focus on healthy hair from the inside out, and retaining length as well as keeping up with my blog!!

I will share 3 pictures today....the first picture is my favorite pictures from my relaxed days, the 2nd picture was taken 2 days after my big chop (I didn't take a lot of pictures the first 2 months confused) and the last picture is my favorite twist-out taken last Friday!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 Permed10

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 Natura10

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 30 Dsci0827

I want to thank everyone on this site that left me words of encouragement, much needed advice as well as your many compliments.

Much love to you all!! I love you

KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 31st October 2010, 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed my official 1 year anniversary from tomorrow to right now!!!)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 30th October 2010, 9:31 pm

cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 30th October 2010, 11:15 pm

Happy nappiversary KNH!!!!!! (Even though I'm a day early lol)

Now Tell me about this salon. I'm seriously thinking about coming to Houston to get my twists done. How long in advance did you have to make your appointment And how much was your deposit?? My love and I are going to the Kevin Hart show on the 12th so I will b in town and he doesn't know it yet but we're going to the uncle funkys daughter salon lol.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st October 2010, 7:04 am

mstokes2008 wrote:Happy nappiversary KNH!!!!!! (Even though I'm a day early lol)

Now Tell me about this salon. I'm seriously thinking about coming to Houston to get my twists done. How long in advance did you have to make your appointment And how much was your deposit?? My love and I are going to the Kevin Hart show on the 12th so I will b in town and he doesn't know it yet but we're going to the uncle funkys daughter salon lol.

Thanks mstokes...I was a day early!! It was on my mind, so I didn't wait until today...LOL

Here it the link to the shop....

Zayd's

Tashai is the stylist that did my hair. I just read her Bio and now I understand why I my shampoo felt so great!! When I say this young lady is good!!! It was well worth the wait. I will be going back!! I'm so missing my curls/hair already...LOL When I get my twists done again at the end of December I will be using human hair!!

I'll PM you the additional information you asked for....

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 31st October 2010, 9:09 am

Hey friend congrats. I am sure ur second year will be jusr as eventful as the first, there are always surprises with natural hair. Keep up the good work and I look forward to year two.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 31st October 2010, 3:36 pm

Happy Anniversary KNH!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st October 2010, 3:38 pm

Happy 1 year Penny!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st October 2010, 3:49 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Hey friend congrats. I am sure ur second year will be jusr as eventful as the first, there are always surprises with natural hair. Keep up the good work and I look forward to year two.

Thanks friend...I'm looking forward to year 2 as well. I'm going to focus on healthy hair which I hope will promote growth and length retention!!!

krazy coils wrote:Happy Anniversary KNH!

Lynnieluve wrote:Happy 1 year Penny!!!

Thanks KC and Lynn....I finally made it!! cheers
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next