CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by BrownSkinDiva 24th August 2010, 9:12 am

KNH, our work environments sound soooo similar...i kinda get the same vibes at my job as well. I hope all is going well with you hon, we gotta make sure you slide some workouts in your busy schedule Smile

BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 12 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by nattyblog 24th August 2010, 5:39 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
nattyblog wrote:I am hollering!! You, Red and Nubie are hilarious!! lol!

The chick at your job does sound a little off. Keep an eye on her for real. Suspect

And so you twisted up? Can't wait to see your pics!!

lol! I know...Red and Nubie are crazy...LOL I guess I am really a conditioner addict...bought another bottle of Giovanna SS Sunday. It was the first time I found some at Marshall's. What a deal...I just couldn't pass it up. However, I so done now.... Neutral

Yeah...I will be keeping my eye on her. She very interesting... Suspect

Pictures coming...LOL

The funny thing is that she's probably on another hair forum saying the same thing about you, lol! Wink

Sorry about your son's schedule though. That's messed up. The school probably does bulk enrollments where they give groups of students the same classes. I transferred a lot and I hated getting registered for classes that I had already taken because of that. Some schedules have to be massaged a little and they can easily slip through the cracks with a registrar that isn't paying attention.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 12:36 am

krazy coils wrote:Good morning KNH,

Stopping through to say Hi!

Hey KC..

Thanks for stopping through!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 12:40 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:You just had to buy the bottle of conditioner huh?? Lol

Sorry about your son's schedule. I remember my schedule getting jacked up.... not fun.

Hey Red...

No I really didn't have to buy that conditioner now that I think about it. I think I got caught up with the fact I found it at Marshall's. You see I've never found products at Marshall's or TJMaxx like everyone else, so when I saw the conditioner I just jumped on it...it was a liter for $12.99. I just couldn't beat that price!! I've got to do better....SMH

This school year will just have to be better than last year. They wanted my son to stay in his classes for a week!! The wrong classes at that! NOT!! However, we got everything taken care of..**sight** I wish it was May..LOL I would be getting ready for Summer...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 12:45 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:KNH, our work environments sound soooo similar...i kinda get the same vibes at my job as well. I hope all is going well with you hon, we gotta make sure you slide some workouts in your busy schedule Smile

Hey BSD...

It's not the entire department...in fact I've only seen my manager once so far this week. I try to figure people out, because I don't believe craziness is random behavior. (well for a select few it is) I think that this young lady is feeling like I was before I left my old department. She has a lot of work on her, and she is feeling frustrated to say the least, and now that she has help she doesn't know how to unload some of the work. She may feel a little threaten, because now she is not going to be the only go to girl!!

I think she is a little different, but maybe nice?? I don't know the jury is still out and I'm still keeping an eye on her... Suspect

I'm tying to get back into my workout routine..I was sick for a week, and then I only worked out 2 days last week. I went to a kick boxing class yesterday that nearly killed me! However, I'm hanging in there!! Doing Zumba in the morning if I can get up!!

Thanks for checking on me!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 12:49 am

nattyblog wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
nattyblog wrote:I am hollering!! You, Red and Nubie are hilarious!! lol!

The chick at your job does sound a little off. Keep an eye on her for real. Suspect

And so you twisted up? Can't wait to see your pics!!

lol! I know...Red and Nubie are crazy...LOL I guess I am really a conditioner addict...bought another bottle of Giovanna SS Sunday. It was the first time I found some at Marshall's. What a deal...I just couldn't pass it up. However, I so done now.... Neutral

Yeah...I will be keeping my eye on her. She very interesting... Suspect

Pictures coming...LOL

The funny thing is that she's probably on another hair forum saying the same thing about you, lol! Wink

Sorry about your son's schedule though. That's messed up. The school probably does bulk enrollments where they give groups of students the same classes. I transferred a lot and I hated getting registered for classes that I had already taken because of that. Some schedules have to be massaged a little and they can easily slip through the cracks with a registrar that isn't paying attention.

Hey Nattyb...

I don't think she on any hair forums..she not black, and she is probably thinking the same thing about me for real. New person in the department that is always in a good mood. She probable thinks I'm strange for real!!! LOL

Yeah..the counselor told me that she had decisions to make, and she put him where she felt he needed to go. No regard to the notes she had on her desk from the meeting we had in April concerning my son's schedule..SMH. His schedule needs a full body massage...that's how crazy it is!!! ROTFLMBO!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 1:56 am

You know I don't know what's going on, but I am really feeling a little blah about Penny. Every since I let Renee hang out with Penny...I haven't really been able to come up with a style I really like.

I had to take Renee down, because I felt like I was embracing her semi straightness. I even thought about a perm for a second. I haven't taken any pictures lately, because I haven't been to crazy about any of the styles I've been wearing.

I'm short on time, and don't have the time I need to properly try some new things with Penny. Hence, I'm getting frustrated. So I may do one of two things...BC again because my ends are so thin from the color I did in December, or get braids or cornrows again!!

Nothing seems to be working for me right now..I'm wearing a puff this week and my puff feels dry, and I can't get the puff positioned right with the elastic band I use to pull my puff together. affraid

I don't know maybe it's me, but I think if I bc again I will get all of the damaged ends cut off, and I'll be able to enjoy wearing a TWA. (didn't get to do that the first time!!)

Sorry for not posting something more positive, but I guess Penny and I are going through some changes right now. I hope we will be okay...or rather I'll be okay soon!!

An on top of that I'm haven't been able to workout like I want and need to and I gained 1lb!! I wanted to sit on the floor and cry. Sad So I said self (that's me talking to myself) "What in the world is wrong with you" Well....I want you guys to know all is not lost, because I didn't answer myself!!! LOL

Well.....I'm attending a hair pampering meet up Sunday, and I'll see what the natural stylist suggest I do concerning my delima with Penny. Maybe I'll get some coils!!! I don't know...

Well I'm going to see what going on in the neighborhood; maybe someone or some style will inspire me!

KNH

SN: My son is playing football and they gave him shoulder pads that are too big, and his shorts and shirt that he has to wear the day before the game are huge!! Needless to say I went to the coach today, and that turned into a mess. You know the coaches really don't like moms in the locker room.. No
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 1:57 am

correction
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 26th August 2010, 2:02 am

Awww...Sorry about how you and Penny aren't getting along. Maybe you should get the braids and cornrows ( Smile ) and try to keep your mind off her for awhile till you can think clearly about what you really want to do? Don't let frustration drive you into any decision. Plus Renee and Penny are a power duo! You might just rock 'em together for awhile longer until you're sure of what you want to do with Penny.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 2:12 am

Hey Nattyb...

You may be right. I haven't been on CN a lot in the last month and I know this site has kept me grounded. I'm up now trying to get some inspiration and this could very well be sleep taking over and making me feel and think like this.

Maybe its time for a salon visit. You know let someone else do Penny for a change. Yeah...I really did enjoy Renee or rather the attention!!

Thanks for the input!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th August 2010, 2:21 am

I was thinking about going to the shop to have someone else do my hair for a change. I think a trip to the salon may do you some good. It would give you some ideas and you would get a little pampering which is never a bad thing. Braids might be a good idea too because that would give you some additional styling options with your hair and your hair would be in a protective style (thus protecting your ends). You'll come out of your "hair rutt" and whatever you decide I'm sure you'll look fabulous!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 8:56 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I was thinking about going to the shop to have someone else do my hair for a change. I think a trip to the salon may do you some good. It would give you some ideas and you would get a little pampering which is never a bad thing. Braids might be a good idea too because that would give you some additional styling options with your hair and your hair would be in a protective style (thus protecting your ends). You'll come out of your "hair rutt" and whatever you decide I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

Thanks Red...

I'm feeling a little better after some sleep. However, I think I will start with a salon visit. I haven't had my hair professionally done since May 14, 2009. So I think I will go to a natural salon and get coils. I need to get back to basics as well....you know it may be time for a betonite clay treatment. I'll do that tomorrow night...after I go see Takers!!

Also, I will see what the stylist says Sunday about my ends at the hair pamper meet-up.

Thanks for your input...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 26th August 2010, 11:27 am

Yeah you better do something, coming in here talking about a perm. Evil or Very Mad
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th August 2010, 12:33 pm

Hey KNH,

I'm sorry you and Penny are having are feeling blah. Don't even mention the creamy crack. Maybe let someone else do your hair for awhile. I'm sure if you get a chance to dig around on CN.com you'd surely find something you might like and a stylist (or even you) could recreate.

And I hope you get your schedule figured out. I've decided working out in the AM is the best for me. Once I get home in the evening, its a struggle. Maybe get you some DVD's and do it early morning (depending on your schedule, since you've got a full plate) or late evening if possible and on a couple of days use your fitness center - that way you can get the number of days you want. Just a suggestion...I'm still trying to find out what works for me too. At least you haven't stopped though, that's great!

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Hey KNH,

You better not let Penny hear you talking about a relaxer or cutting her down to a twa or you will really have trouble on your hands No (lol). I agree that maybe you should give your hair a break for a while. Definitely get your ends trimmed if you're seeing splits or if they look too thin. How much you cut off is your decision since you never experienced a twa. But a little warning it seems that a lot of people including myself obsessed about their hair growing in the twa stage.

krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 26th August 2010, 1:32 pm

Wait, what?? A relaxer?? A BC?? Woman you better put Penny in some braids or twists and stop playin'! Don't make me get all Ike Turner up in here! Suspect

But seriously, I agree with KrazyCoils. Some cornrows, braids or even kinky twists will give you a break for a while. Definitely trim if your ends are looking a little thin. (Which reminds me...I need to trim my own hair. silent )

I don't wanna come back and see you with no BC to the white meat or a perm, ya hear?? I'll sick Cyrus on ya! Suspect (lol)
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th August 2010, 2:55 pm

Well, I guess I don't have to echo everyone else in the room. No to anything that doesn't involve a visit to a natural salon or braids. It's ok to get frustrated and take a break. I've been there, done that. I often feel frustration and a hint of jealousy when I come on here and see how much time and effort some ladies have to spend on their hair. I not only don't have the time but also not the patience! I keep peeking though because maybe one day... Or at the least, I could let someone else do my hair for me. Either way, I always consider that I may just be going thru a phase and I might not feel the same in a month. So I monitor it and usually I find that the feeling has passed in a week or 2. In fact, I had mine straightened the last time I was feeling some kind of way about Thelma. So you hang in there, don't make any sudden moves!

Oh yeah, and LOL @ Crissy!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th August 2010, 3:56 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Yeah you better do something, coming in here talking about a perm. Evil or Very Mad

LadyMika wrote:Wait, what?? A relaxer?? A BC?? Woman you better put Penny in some braids or twists and stop playin'! Don't make me get all Ike Turner up in here! Suspect

But seriously, I agree with KrazyCoils. Some cornrows, braids or even kinky twists will give you a break for a while. Definitely trim if your ends are looking a little thin. (Which reminds me...I need to trim my own hair. silent )

I don't wanna come back and see you with no BC to the white meat or a perm, ya hear?? I'll sick Cyrus on ya! Suspect (lol)
That's funny.....folks are gonna call protective services on your for your hair if you get a relaxer!! lol
It will be okay.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th August 2010, 6:15 pm

first of all i came in here to check on u and u up in here talkin bout BUYIN condish...AGAIN Evil or Very Mad didnt i JUST fire u up for the same thing like....ohhh last week Suspect stop the madness! u aint finished ne're bottle but not only that...now u talkin bout a BC!! between u, sweet n dva talkn all this BC talk now i want another one too!

this longer hair, more styling crap is for the birds and i wanna be easy breezy! before i do my amber rose im gonna have the side shorter n it longer at the top...a la anita baker back in the day!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th August 2010, 6:23 pm

I had to go back a few pages and I still am not caught up...LOL!!!

Everyone has fussed so I dont have too. I just cosign on getting your ends trimmed.

I hope you get your schedule (Xanders too) all figured out soon so you will be able to get your workouts in. I would be lost if I couldnt workout. LOL!!

I have been feeling lazy with Roxie. I want to do a few styles I've tried before (coils) but just feeling lazy. I've even found a new lazy protective style....the cinnabun...I think you would love it because it's a puff with a twist. Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETqzoMW8yQ
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 26th August 2010, 11:26 pm

NubieNatty wrote:first of all i came in here to check on u and u up in here talkin bout BUYIN condish...AGAIN Evil or Very Mad didnt i JUST fire u up for the same thing like....ohhh last week Suspect stop the madness! u aint finished ne're bottle but not only that...now u talkin bout a BC!! between u, sweet n dva talkn all this BC talk now i want another one too!

this longer hair, more styling crap is for the birds and i wanna be easy breezy! before i do my amber rose im gonna have the side shorter n it longer at the top...a la anita baker back in the day!

*whisper* KNH.... You didn't hear this from me but you may wanna peep out Nubie's product stash on her CSJ.....
"I ain't one to gossip so you ain't heard this from me" silent
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th August 2010, 5:28 pm

Knh I know exactly how you feel. I am truly considering another BC. I did my year, I retained growth and I never wanted length. I wanted healthy and I have that. So no perm, that's not necessary! A visit to the salon will make you feel better. A good trim may do the trick too, whatever you do, don't do it out of frustration. Smooches!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 10:48 am

CrissyQ wrote:Yeah you better do something, coming in here talking about a perm. Evil or Very Mad

Hey CQ...

I'm not going to perm, but it did run across my mind. It just seems that styling was so simple back in the relaxed days, but I do know that my hair is healthier and that is worth all the frustrating I'm going through right now. This too shall pass...LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 10:53 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey KNH,

I'm sorry you and Penny are having are feeling blah. Don't even mention the creamy crack. Maybe let someone else do your hair for awhile. I'm sure if you get a chance to dig around on CN.com you'd surely find something you might like and a stylist (or even you) could recreate.

And I hope you get your schedule figured out. I've decided working out in the AM is the best for me. Once I get home in the evening, its a struggle. Maybe get you some DVD's and do it early morning (depending on your schedule, since you've got a full plate) or late evening if possible and on a couple of days use your fitness center - that way you can get the number of days you want. Just a suggestion...I'm still trying to find out what works for me too. At least you haven't stopped though, that's great!

Hey Dva....

Yeah...I'm in a little rut right now, but I'll get through it. I am going to get my hair done by a natural stylist as soon as I can make an appointment. I'm going to a hair pamper meet-up today, and I will be getting a consult and hopefully make an appointment today to get my hair professionally done.

I am taking today to get organized so I can get my schedule together so I can get back to my workout routine. Last week I was only able to go 1 day.... No That is so not going to work. I had to go to the school to get Xander's schedule changed, then I had a flat, then I over slept because I was up late one night waiting on the JV football team to get back to the school. Last week was rough, but I'm going to the fitness center at least 3 days this week no matter what!!

Thanks so much....for your works of encouragement!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 10:58 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

You better not let Penny hear you talking about a relaxer or cutting her down to a twa or you will really have trouble on your hands No (lol). I agree that maybe you should give your hair a break for a while. Definitely get your ends trimmed if you're seeing splits or if they look too thin. How much you cut off is your decision since you never experienced a twa. But a little warning it seems that a lot of people including myself obsessed about their hair growing in the twa stage.

Hey KC...

I know...I think Penny would really be mad if I cut her down to a twa, but I know if I got to a professional she will want to cut the damaged ends, and that is almost 2 inches. It will not be a twa per se' but it will be a lot....I'll take my time making this decision, but I'm thinking if I do it now I'll have my current length and more by spring again. You know...

I'm not obsessed about growth like I was in the beginning...now I am really focused on healthy hair. So cutting at this point is not so major to me, because I've learn so much from this site and I now know to really care for my hair!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next