CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 8:58 am

krazy coils wrote:Good morning KNH!

You and your aunt look like sisters! Looking young is clearly genetic in your family because I've stated before you look a lot younger than you are. Have a great day!

Hey KC....I've been told that my aunt and I look alike, and what's strange my dad and my aunt had different fathers. My grandmothers genes are very strong!!! I thank God I'm holding up well....you guys really make me feel good!!!

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning KNH,

I'm sorry the party was a BUST... I would hat that too.

I'm glad Penny is feeling better - she looks good.

Hey BBella....

That party was a mess, and I'm only going next year if I have a date!! LOL My scalp is feeling much better. I don't see how some curlies can go 2 and 3 weeks without co-washing or shampooing. My scalp was itching so bad!!! Penny was really doing her thing in that puff. I guess I'm going to have to break down and henna!! The grey around my edges is not cute!!! LOL

sweetdrk1 wrote:
krazy coils wrote:Good morning KNH!

You and your aunt look like sisters! Looking young is clearly genetic in your family because I've stated before you look a lot younger than you are. Have a great day!
what she said!

Thanks Sweet!!!

priceless wrote:until i reread i thought that was you sister also you all look so much alike. hair looks great

Hey Priceless...thanks girl; I've got to get to your house I want to see where you've been lately and what's going on with your hair!!!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Sweetie!! Just dropping by!

Hey Hon!!! I didn't see your comment in the give-a-way post. The last day is Sunday @ 11:59pm.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:HEY LADY,

I LOVE THAT FLAT TWIST UPDO PIC cheers
Very Happy

awwww....thanks IB. I can so see you with that style. (hint, hint)
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th December 2010, 9:08 am

Morning!!!

Not much going on...Penny is back twisted and loving it. You know I think I've realized why I didn't do protective style last winter.

1. Because I couldn't get the twist technique down
2. Because I really didn't like that look on me

Being newly natural I kept looking for the right style for work...Rolling Eyes Now I'm going for length retention and healthy and if I have to get that with twists then twists it is!!! Now that I'm twisting I feel guilty wearing my hair out, because I now understand that protectives styles really encourage growth and aids in healthy hair.

Well...enough about me. I'll share pictures at the end of the week, but right now I'm headed to check on what everyone else has been doing!!

Have a great week ladies!!! Be Blessed!!

SN: I've been making YouTube videos...if you get a chance check out my channel. They are kinda of funny..I'm new at this but it's fun. It's keeping me busy so I will not manipulate my hair!! ROTFL

KinkyNappyHappy YouTube Channel
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th December 2010, 11:09 am

Morning KHN,

Subscribing to your channel when I get home tonight ...

I think I've learned how to twist well enough where I'm comfortable going out with them and going to work. At first I too was skeptical because of my job - being and looking professional. But I tell, I get so many compliments, it's crazy - I guess everyone see's the versatility of my hair and admire it.

Twists are great - although I hate the two hours it takes me to put them in - but love the outcome when I'm done. I can make mine last at least two weeks. As long as I take care of my scalp. KBB keeps me fully moisturized for a full week.

Have a great day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 14th December 2010, 12:41 pm

Totally checking out your channel tonight! Good for you on your PS mission! We probably need to do another PS challenge for 2011 since alot of us are back on that kick! Length retention is key and you doing it right!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 14th December 2010, 1:21 pm

enjoyed the channel especially the product junkie confession lol I can relate
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th December 2010, 7:23 pm

Ooooh a Youtube Channel? You better werk Mama! Love all the pics, like everyone has said, you and your aunt look like sisters! Can't ait to check out the vids Ms. Lady. Have a good week!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th December 2010, 9:00 am

Good Morning KNH,

I subscribed to your channel and I was watching your product junkie vid. Your stash wasn't too bad for a pj but dang you got a lot of Afroveda products (lol)! Have a great day!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2010, 5:15 pm

Lol yes you have a ton of products! I am coming to your house to shop! Lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 8:38 am

BlondeByDesire (14th December 2010, 8:09 am) wrote:Morning KHN,

Subscribing to your channel when I get home tonight ...

I think I've learned how to twist well enough where I'm comfortable going out with them and going to work. At first I too was skeptical because of my job - being and looking professional. But I tell, I get so many compliments, it's crazy - I guess everyone see's the versatility of my hair and admire it.

Twists are great - although I hate the two hours it takes me to put them in - but love the outcome when I'm done. I can make mine last at least two weeks. As long as I take care of my scalp. KBB keeps me fully moisturized for a full week.

Have a great day.

Hey BBella...

I've gotten better at twisting as well. My hair is interesting..because its not thick all over (thin in the top on the right had side) so my twists are not uniformed. Well, nevertheless I'm wearing twists to work no matter what!!

How do you get your twists to last two weeks. I went 10 days last week and my scalp was on fire!! I tried to kept my scalp calm with jojoba oil and water, but that just didn't work. What do you do for your scalp while you are twisted. Afroveda keeps my hair moisturized and soft....I I love you that stuff!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 8:43 am

Funkyhairchic (14th December 2010, 9:41 am) wrote:Totally checking out your channel tonight! Good for you on your PS mission! We probably need to do another PS challenge for 2011 since alot of us are back on that kick! Length retention is key and you doing it right!

Hey FHC!!!

I checked out what you, KC, Lynn and even Nubie did last year; and I noticed that you guys had a lot of growth and length retention due to ps. So I'm on a mission, and I'm staying twisted until spring. I get 2 days a week that I can wear Penny out, but it just easier to stay twisted. That way I don't have to deal with a major detangling session!!

I'm doing a self-imposed challenge with CrissyQ and LaToya. I'm staying twisted until Spring; CrissyQ and LaToya are doing a 10 week challenge. You set your own rules, and we provide each other encouragement and support. Feel free to join us at anytime!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 8:54 am

rayray19 (14th December 2010, 10.21 am) wrote:enjoyed the channel especially the product junkie confession lol I can relate

Thanks RayRay....I had fun making the video, and I hope that this will calm me down a bit. I think it has because I've found the products that work for me!!

FemmeFox (14th December 2010, 4.23 pm) wrote:Ooooh a Youtube Channel? You better werk Mama! Love all the pics, like everyone has said, you and your aunt look like sisters! Can't ait to check out the vids Ms. Lady. Have a good week!

Thanks FemmeFox...most people tell us that. She is only 6 years older than I am. My dad was the oldest of 9 and I grew up with my younger aunts and uncles. It was fun being the only baby/child in the family (on both sides mom/dad for 8 years).

krazy coils (15th December 2010, 6.00 am) wrote:Good Morning KNH,

I subscribed to your channel and I was watching your product junkie vid. Your stash wasn't too bad for a pj but dang you got a lot of Afroveda products (lol)! Have a great day!

Hey KC...thanks for subscribing!! I didn't think my stash was that bad, but most people think is way too much stuff. I'm in the process of giving some of it away. I love my AfroVeda!! I was given a couple of containers; plus remember I won some products from her in November so I didn't buy all of that!! Very Happy

sweetdrk1 (15th December 2010, 2.15 pm) wrote:Lol yes you have a ton of products! I am coming to your house to shop! Lol!

LOL I know...I'm going to do some kink of sale or start giving some of it away here in my CSJ. So keep you eye out for that comings soon!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th December 2010, 9:57 am

Good Early Morning!!!

I wore a twist out yesterday, but I couldn't get pictures with my phone. scratch

Anyway...I re-twisted last night into a style inspired by KeKe from YouTube. I'll post a picture later today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!!! Be Blessed!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th December 2010, 3:33 pm

knh! i meant to tell you i subscribed to your channel. you sound just like i imagined Smile

i loved the confessions video! keep them coming Smile
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th December 2010, 7:44 am

CocaColaCutie wrote:knh! i meant to tell you i subscribed to your channel. you sound just like i imagined Smile

i loved the confessions video! keep them coming Smile

Hey C-Cube...

Thanks for subscribing!! That's funny...Sweet said that she imagined the same with my facial expressions!! Sometimes its good to put a voice with our picture!! Very Happy

I plan to make quite a few more videos. This will keep me busy and my hands out of my hair!! LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th December 2010, 8:20 am

Morning Curlies...TGIF!!! run

Well I just wanted to show you guys my latest updo inspired by KeKe!!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Dsci1037

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Dsci1038

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Dsci1040

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 40 Dsci1041

This updo was a hit yesterday. I personally felt that is wasn't neat enough, and I can't wait to re-do this style Saturday when I shampoo and deep conditioner!!! I just love the styles that KeKe does with her hair. Hope you guys have had a chance to check out her YouTube channel!!

Sorry for so many pictures....got a little carried away. I did this style from the twist-out I wore Wednesday. I re-twisted the bangs using a little AfroVeda CocoLatte Moisturizing Mask, and I didn't use anything on the flat twists. (hair still moisturized from twisting Saturday night)

Well ladies make this a wonderful and be blessed!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th December 2010, 8:57 am

I love that flat twist updo! I enjoy keke's channel also and go there for style ideas too.

-------

https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=9226
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40