CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!!

4 posters

Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!! Empty Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!!

Post by swoodward 15th July 2010, 10:40 pm

Mist-er Right - made for the gel challenged!

Ingredients: Back to CurlMart. Check it out here.

How I used it: As a pick me up, as a quickie moisturizer, after cleansing and conditioning before twisting, finally as a final setting agent after twists or a wash & go.

What I thought: So this product smells just as good as the rest of the line and provides a good amount of moisture. Like so many other things, I think it falls under the Do Not Touch rule. Once I sprayed, I could see the curls develop as my hair dried. It worked over or under other moisturizing and setting products like Kinky Curly or Qhemet Biologics. Better over though. I tried a few times with its own line - reggie description was to shampoo with No Poo, Condition with the One Condition, , add coconut oil or a leave-in like KCKT, spray with Set it Free and sprayed with Mister-Right. Touching it disturbed the curl pattern. I would check my hair on a mirror every few minutes and watched the curls develop. Amazing what these products can do!!! There was a definite difference between when I used the product and when I didn't.

It was an accident that I found the best use for my hair. I generally depend on the twist-out as my main styler. Since I knew the curl developed as the product dried I used it as the last thing in my twists. (leave in, curl enhancer, shea aloe mix to seal and Mist-er Right). When my hair dried it was soft, springy and shiny. This is how I got my first 6 day style from a single cleansing. I didn't have buildup because the shea aloe and Mist-er Right worked as a double seal and kept my hair moist all week. I retwisted every night with a little moisturizing cream (either the One moisturizer or QB AOHC) and sprayed with this to set. When I got a little more frizz than I wanted (I like a little frizz) I sprayed with this and got the definition back. On the sixth day I showered without my trusty cap and sprayed this in. I had great hair definition all day and great hair all week. No dryness, no stickiness, no gunk. Lots of shine, great hold!

So this is a staple product for me. Instructions encourage the use of the products in ways other than the directions. I have tried 6 products so far and I absolutely think that is right. I am not so skilled at gel but with this spray I can take whatever time I need to learn. I love it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(an example of my mist-er right shine)

Whew! Thanks for reading!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!! Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!!

Post by Cnicoles6 15th July 2010, 11:05 pm

Good to know. I have Deva Curl AnGel and Set it Free. Maybe I'll add this to the group too.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!! Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - Mist-er Right Oh my!!!

Post by mstokes2008 16th July 2010, 12:58 am

Great review!! Thanks!! I really want to try the Deva Curl products but I can't get with any of the smells Sad lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th July 2010, 1:35 am

Hey CNicoles, how do the products work for you?

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th July 2010, 1:36 am

mstokes - I hear you, smell is everything. I made Kimmaytube's leave in and now I have to find a way to marry the scent with anything with shea. Not gonna be easy! The DevaCurl products seem nice to me. I don't like the DevaCare smell as much. funny.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 16th July 2010, 8:30 pm

swoodward wrote:Hey CNicoles, how do the products work for you?

Well I just started with them but I like the definition from AnGel. I'm not really sure if the Set it free is helping or not because of all the other products that are in my hair(conditioner, detangler, Sprits, etc.) I'm in love with the smell though!
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th July 2010, 10:45 pm

Not sure about the set it free either. There are 3 more products I want to try: mirror curls, set up and above and b'leave in.

I am tempted to try just this one again on top of a good leave in just to see what happens.

As for the gel, I am going to mix that one with olive oil to see if I can get better results. I liked the consistency a lot!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 17th July 2010, 12:42 am

What will the olive oil do to the gel?
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th July 2010, 4:27 am

Hey Swood!

Now I gotta get some Mist-er Right! Thanks Swood! LOL

Your hair is looking good!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th July 2010, 11:49 am

Thanks Ryl!

Cnicole, I think the oil will modify the texture so that it is not so drying.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down