CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel

2 posters

Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel Empty Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel

Post by swoodward 11th July 2010, 2:19 pm

Devacurl Angel

Ingredients: NaturallyCurly has a great description and you can look up different reviews on various other hair sites. This review may not provide what you need to know.
check it out here.

How I used it: For W&G's

What I thought: Nice, light moisturizing gel product with a pleasant scent but since I haven't mastered gels, I don't think I used the product to it's best potential. So far I have had zero luck with straight gel and great luck with KCCC, which is technically a gel-like styling product but is called a custard and the oil is what makes the difference, I think.

Angel is pricey like other up and coming brands but that isn't necessarily a deterrent for me if I get bang for my buck. I think I would need to mix it with an oil to get it right. (I am a 4 with tight spiral coils, I means Z's real close together!)

I have decided to experiment with gels over the next month or so and will use this one as the base of a recipe. I'll follow up when I have some results.

Still, it smells great and felt great too. So I would say if you like gels, give it a shot. DevaCurl and DevaCare sell smaller sizes (6oz or so) so you can try without committing.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel

Post by Cecewms84 30th August 2010, 11:52 am

i just bought the trial set the other day...and so far i'm not liking it. I can't get past the smell and its leaving my hair super hard
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - AnGel

Post by swoodward 30th August 2010, 10:06 pm

the trial set had a shampoo, conditioner, spray (set it free or mister-right?) and something else... can't remember.

I am totally stuck on the conditioner and the spray mister-right. i confess I do not use all the products at once because they are for a texture with less curl. i love those two products though.

so - do you have a license for those shoes are were they purchased on the black market?

sssssssssssssssss!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecewms84 30th August 2010, 10:16 pm

and it also comes with the Angell styling gel. i dont like it...and i'm taking it back tomorrow. pale my hair has always been like cotton and fuzzy ...ever since i was a child. and it just enhanced the fuzziness. but i need something that will clump the curls together. this did not (not for me atleast)

Laughing i wish those were my shoes. they're from versace's fall line. wayyyy outta my price range. i just liked the wallpaper
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 1st September 2010, 10:32 pm

Sounds like you need a lot more moisture. Keep in mind that the conditioner and mist are only part of my reggie. Both products really rounded out my styling needs. But as I wrote above I have no clue how to use gel and can't use this one although I think I am going to end up mixing with olive oil and trying again.

Not everything works for everybody though so I am not surprised you had dryness issues.

Check out the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI. Kimmay has an awesome channel and has great ideas for keeping your hair moisturized. And post a review when you find a good one!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down