CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros!

2 posters

Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros! Empty Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros!

Post by swoodward 10th July 2010, 3:51 pm

DevaCurl One condition:
Ingredients: CurlMart has a complete description: check it out here.

How I used it: as a conditioner, as a cowash, as a leave in after use as a conditioner, as a pick me up on dry hair.

What I thought: If I could marry a product, it would be this one. I would recommend it for everything from wavy hair to the tightest coily spirals. It is versatile, cleansing and moisturizing. It contains small amounts of protein and mega moisture. It may fall outside of the all organic team because it contains propylene glycol. However, I feel the product is relatively harmless (not the container now!) and happily use it even though I trend towards all organic products as a rule. It works great as a follow up conditioner after a Yes To Cucumbers co wash and I put between a teaspoon and a tablespoon all over wet hair as my first leave in. It is wonderful in the hair when detangling.

The effects of conditioner are quite interesting, on contact with dry hair it feels like any moisturizer you would use and dries with no tacky feeling. On wet hair, it seems to encourage clumping, especially with one of MahoganyCurl's twa stretching method. (Yes MC, you are a goddess!) It appears white and dries to a clear shine. It seems to seal moisture in the hair. It's an excellent overall conditioner in heavy rotation in my reggie. I suspect that the protein in the product provides the backbone to keep my hair from getting too spongy but it's a small amount so even people like me (extremely protein sensitive) can tolerate it. I try to use it once or twice a week.

I consider this product one of the best of the best!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros! Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros!

Post by Carolina Natural 10th July 2010, 6:42 pm

Well, I must have done something wrong because it was just awful for me. I used the conditioner after the devacurl no-poo (which I loved) and it did not detangle my hair. I had to use my VO5 strawberry & creme moisture milk to detangle my hair. Then I did a flat twist using anGel & Set it Free and these two products are wonderful. Maybe I should try the Devacare conditioner instead.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros! Empty Re: Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - One Condition -10 out of 5 afros!

Post by swoodward 10th July 2010, 10:32 pm

VO5 and I do not get along at all!!! All that I have tried left my hair extremely dry I also had an unhappy experience with AnGel. So weird.

I have to guess that the product just may not be a good match for your curls...Happens a lot. It doesn't necessarily follow that you did something wrong at all.

Maybe try again as a leave-in after you detangle? See if it is moisturizing. Let me know about the DevaCare version.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 11th July 2010, 1:54 pm

I very much would like to understand why some stuff works for some hair and not others! Thanks for commenting Carolina! This is very helpful to me!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down