CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - No Poo

Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - No Poo Empty Dandelion reviews Deva Curl - No Poo

Post by swoodward 10th July 2010, 3:12 pm

Hey Ladies, I am a fairly new natural (Last relaxer 6/2009, BC 3/2010) and a major shopaholic! Bargain shopping doesn't quite cover my type of shopping. An example? I am trying to beat my friend's $3 genuine, fully-lined, Calvin Klein slacks purchased new at Off 5th. So for clothes? I am a cheapie.

For hair and skin? I am wildly extravagant. I hang out at Sephora and Douglas Cosmetics for fun and it was Douglas that I first saw the DevaCurl and DevaCare line before I began transitioning. I researched a lot and decided to try the DevaCurl line about a month ago, after I started to get a feel for my natural curls. I am going to review some of the products. I have also ready the Curly Girl book so am familiar with the CG method.

Starting with No-Poo:
Ingredients: Sleek Hair.com has a nice list: check it out here.

How I used it: as a regular shampoo.

What I thought: I was thinking No-Poo meant lightweight, co-wash type cleansing. Oh no. This shampoo didn't foam as promised and left my hair shiny and very clean. So cleaned it SQUEAKED! I was not ready for that. It's been a long time since I thought squeaky clean hair was desirable. So I would not use this as a daily shampoo or even weekly. It is great for deep cleaning and clarifying and should be used as such.

Thanks for reading!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down