CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl -Set It Free

Go down

Dandelion reviews Deva Curl -Set It Free Empty Dandelion reviews Deva Curl -Set It Free

Post by swoodward 11th July 2010, 12:57 pm

DevaCurl Set It Free:
Ingredients: CurlMart has a complete description: Check it out here.

How I used it: as part of a leave-in over the One conditioner when twisting. as a quick pick me up moisturizer on dry hair, as part of a W&G reggie, after a shower on damp, not wet hair.

What I thought: Lovely quick styling product. But for definition, I found it better not to touch my hair after I sprayed it wet or dry. As the hair dries, the curls seems to clump and shine nicely when undisturbed. But even when I did touch, and this is a nice feature, as I can be one of the worst HIH victims, I still got a good amount of volume out of this - so my expectation is hair probably wouldn't get smaller when it dries.

I consider this product conquerable to Quenched Curls as a quickie-i-have-no-time-to-do-my-hair moisturizer but it has an added benefit of providing hold. Nice 2in1 styling product! I would not depend on it as a moisturizer alone though, because of the holding properties.

Adding a caveat: like a lot of products on the market this has a very small amount of sodium hydroxide. It's third to last on the product list so I doubt it's an issue and may be there to control the density of the spray or change the ph balance (but I don't know). Either way, I think the spray itself should be used in small doses. I plan on using it as I said above - when I have no time to do my hair and need a pick me up.
Thanks for reading!!!

Last edited by swoodward on 14th July 2010, 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down