CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2010, 1:34 am

Corygentri wrote:Could just be the weather chris or something you used in it to do the pin curls?

I have been trying to the OCM but I can't tell if it is working. I think it is benefitting but I cant tell when my hormones are raging unfortunately. I am going to keep doing it though. Skin feels great!
I sure hope it will disappear soon. I did use a product I had not used in a while.

Don't you love how your skin feels. I keep feeling my face with the backs of my hands.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th January 2010, 2:19 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@CocaColaCutie & Adiaha, much thanks!

@IntelligentBeauty, I read about it on the longhaircareforum. They had some of the names of the teas, and I Googled them to see what the benefits were. One of the sites that I recall was texasnaturalsupply.com.

Thanks. I will have to do some research. Now do you mix the bags or use one brew at a time?
In other words, if it's 2:1 do you put in 2 of the same teabags or 2 different tea bags? And how much do you usually make?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th January 2010, 9:13 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Tonight I tried a new method to apply heat while deep conditioning (AO HR, AO WC, Splendid Splendor and unrefined coconut oil). I typically wet a small towel and heat in the microwave. I then would place a plastic bag over my head then apply towel then another bag.

Well tonight, I did something different. I wet a flannel pillowcase, heated it in the microwave and put it over the plastic bag. I then put a large towel over it.

This solved two issues. I always felt all my hair was not benefiting from the deep treatment with heat since my hair kinda flops in bag. I don't want to place all my hair atop my head since I want to get most of my hair. I carefully opened the wet hot pillowcase and put my bagged head into it. It has been more than 15 minutes and my head still feels warm. With my previous method, the towel cooled in 10 minutes or less.

Anyone else have suggestions on how to benefit from heat while deep conditioning, not using a steamer or hair dryer?

I plan to use my gym's sauna and/or steam room to get deep treatment Sunday.

That is a good idea to use your gym's sauna or steam room to steam your hair. I bought a heat cap from Sally's for my deep conditioner treatments. It doesn't get real hot just warm enough to leave on my hair for about 30 - 45 minutes. I love it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th January 2010, 9:30 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, try EVOO and EVCO. Dajawel wrote an article on the benefits of both. I typically pre-poo with EVOO or Vatika oil (combination of oils in coconut oil).

OMGoodness.....I had to check my stash and guess what I found? Yes....Vatika oil. I didn't buy it, but I received it at a product swap/meet-up with some of the curlies here in Houston from this forum.

ChrsLvsBks...my question is based on your experience...if I put the VO on my hair Thursday night, will my hair be too oily for a style and work the next day. I shampoo Friday nights, because my son is in the drill team at my church and I don't think I have the time to do my regiment Saturday morning. (I guess I could get up at 5am) No

Thoughts/suggestions??
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 20th January 2010, 1:40 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, try EVOO and EVCO. Dajawel wrote an article on the benefits of both. I typically pre-poo with EVOO or Vatika oil (combination of oils in coconut oil).

I was just reading up on Vatika oil and plan to get some this weekend on my mini pj spree. I know the sell it online but I live in a place with a large Indian population so I'm going to poke around some stores in my 'hood. I'm thinking that this will be a great DC/pre-poo.

Excitement!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2010, 2:16 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Thanks. I will have to do some research. Now do you mix the bags or use one brew at a time? In other words, if it's 2:1 do you put in 2 of the same teabags or 2 different tea bags? And how much do you usually make?
I typically make 4 cups of tea. I use at least eight bags. I recently used burdock and fenugreek because I did not have enough of the burdock tea. I typically only use one type of herb.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, try EVOO and EVCO. Dajawel wrote an article on the benefits of both. I typically pre-poo with EVOO or Vatika oil (combination of oils herbs in coconut oil).

OMGoodness.....I had to check my stash and guess what I found? Yes....Vatika oil. I didn't buy it, but I received it at a product swap/meet-up with some of the curlies here in Houston from this forum.

ChrsLvsBks...my question is based on your experience...if I put the VO on my hair Thursday night, will my hair be too oily for a style and work the next day. I shampoo Friday nights, because my son is in the drill team at my church and I don't think I have the time to do my regiment Saturday morning. (I guess I could get up at 5am) No

Thoughts/suggestions??
I think it would depend on how much you use. I have used Vatika oil alone as a pre-poo during the summer. I do not recall my hair feeling oily the next morning. I may not have paid much attention since I was co-washing it out. If you decide to do it, I would suggest using a little and feeling your hair after a few minutes. If you hair is not oily to the touch, you could add a little more.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 20th January 2010, 4:16 pm

I love your before and after pics. Your hair on 8-13-09 is so cute! I also have been using the OCM (not as consistent) but I am seeing good results. Less breakouts, Yay ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_wink
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2010, 1:47 am

@FemmeFox, I agree. Vatika oil would be great for DC and pre-poo.

@HumanNature, thanks for the compliments! Yes, fewer breakouts are a definitely plus!

Tonight, I spritzed hair with tea then condish mix and sealed with mango butter. I made six two strand twist bantu knots and donned my satin bonnet.

Exercise: Today I burned more than 250 calories on elliptical. I plan to do 50 JJs in the morning and 80 tomorrow night.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 2:00 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@FemmeFox, I agree. Vatika oil would be great for DC and pre-poo.

@HumanNature, thanks for the compliments! Yes, fewer breakouts are a definitely plus!

Tonight, I spritzed hair with tea then condish mix and sealed with mango butter. I made six two strand twist bantu knots and donned my satin bonnet.

Exercise: Today I burned more than 250 calories on elliptical. I plan to do 50 JJs in the morning and 80 tomorrow night.

GO BIG SIS!!!! I'm proud of you!! I know you got a great workout.

I burned 400 calories on the elliptical this morning. My goal for this week is to do 45 minutes on there each morning ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_eek !
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st January 2010, 9:00 am

[quote="ChrsLvsBks"]Although not hair related, I wanted to share how happy I am. My acne is clearing up wonderfully. I think it has been a result of using the oil cleansing method. Here is the link. I have used it for a few weeks and the results, to me, are amazing. I show pictures of my before and after about mid-way on page four. I posted more results on page 5. I LOVE OCM. I use a mix of castor oil (70%) and jojoba oil (30%) with a few drops of tea tree oil. I do it at night 4-5 times a week.

Just read this...thanks for sharing. I will be trying this as soon as I find the oils. Where can I purchase the oils. All of this is still kinda new to me.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st January 2010, 2:50 pm

[quote="KinkyNappyHappy"]
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Although not hair related, I wanted to share how happy I am. My acne is clearing up wonderfully. I think it has been a result of using the oil cleansing method. Here is the link. I have used it for a few weeks and the results, to me, are amazing. I show pictures of my before and after about mid-way on page four. I posted more results on page 5. I LOVE OCM. I use a mix of castor oil (70%) and jojoba oil (30%) with a few drops of tea tree oil. I do it at night 4-5 times a week.

Just read this...thanks for sharing. I will be trying this as soon as I find the oils. Where can I purchase the oils. All of this is still kinda new to me.
You can find them at Whole Foods, The Vitamin Shoppe or other health food store.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd January 2010, 12:10 am

Tonight, I pre-pooed with Vatika oil. I also rubbed some hot oil into my scalp. The scalp oil is a mixture or jojoba, wheat germ, neem and castor oils.

After more than an hour, I rinsed my hair to prepare to cleanse. I used Suave coconut on my scalp. I rinsed with warm water and applied Aussie Moist for detangling. I am shedding a lot. For the last couple of nights, I have shed lots of hair. I have not had a henna treatment in a while. I plan to do another Ayurvedic treatment Saturday.

I rinsed the Aussie Moist with warm then cold water. I applied 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and less than a 1/2 t of castor oil to each section of my hair. I applied a nickel to quarter size of Curl Junkie's Hibiscus Banana butta leave in conditioner to each section. Oh yeah, I placed my hair in four sections when I pre-pooed and I cleansed, detangled and moisturized in those sections. I twisted my hair in four and applied less than a dime size of castor oil on the ends of my twists.

I will wear my hair in an updo tomorrow. I may use my HairZing to do it.

I'm still feeling tired but not so much as earlier this week.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 22nd January 2010, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected formatting to include color)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd January 2010, 3:04 pm

tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2010, 3:31 pm

@ Chrs, maybe the hair shedding is a result of the natural growth and shedding process. If you can't see where it's coming from and it's long hairs, it may be just the cycle.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd January 2010, 5:05 pm

tiashauntee wrote:This post would like your input:
[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/amla-oil-t1834.htm#38983
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/amla-oil-t1834.htm#38983[/quote[/url]] I checked it out before I saw your request here. Hope I could help.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:@ Chrs, maybe the hair shedding is a result of the natural growth and shedding process. If you can't see where it's coming from and it's long hairs, it may be just the cycle.
I sure hope so. The amount is substantial yet they are all long hairs. Hair loss and age run in my family so it is always in the back of my mind as I get older.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2010, 8:07 pm

Oh Chrs, I know you are worried about hair loss because of family genetics, but worrying about that issue won't keep the hair on your head either ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_lol . Relax, I am sure it's probably just the time for shedding in the cycle, especially since they are long hairs and you can't tell where they are coming from. You take stellar care of your hair and you are so in tune with it. Hair loss will not be an issue for you. SPEAK IT GIRL!!! ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 617583
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd January 2010, 12:44 am

Thanks IntelligentBeauty! You are right. I will speak for continued healthy thick hair. I needed that.

I wanted to do an ayurvedic treatment tomorrow but I won't be doing it. I am going to braid and twist my hair while damp. I hope I can make the braids small so they will last. Only the front will be braided. I will make the twists medium sized.

I hope each of you have a great weekend!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd January 2010, 6:21 pm

you too..I am going to check out the channel you suggested for the smoky eyes!! Thanks!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 12:37 am

I braided my hair in the front and twisted the back. I use a fork to keep it up during the day. I was proud of myself. I had never used it before but gave it a whirl and it worked.

I spritzed my hair with tea until damp. I applied a little bit of Darcy's Botanicals vanilla styling cream to each twist and sealed with castor oil with few drops of lavender and peppermint EO.

I made a spritz with aloe Vera gel, water, Jane Carter's hair cream, peppermint EO, lavender EO and tea tree oil. I use it in the morning and night on my scalp.

I will post pictures and catch up with everyone's posts tomorrow and Wednesday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th January 2010, 1:09 am

Chrs, I am really liking the "strong" tea spritz. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_lol I used it on my hair tonight verses my scalp. And it was so moisturizing and smelled so good. I did add avocado oil and lavender, tea tree EO oil to my mix. But it was so good. I think I may through in some conditioner next time. Thanks again.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 2:29 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Chrs, I am really liking the "strong" tea spritz. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_lol I used it on my hair tonight verses my scalp. And it was so moisturizing and smelled so good. I did add avocado oil and lavender, tea tree EO oil to my mix. But it was so good. I think I may through in some conditioner next time. Thanks again.
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_biggrin I am glad you like it. I figure it is better than water alone when wetting hair. I bet your mix smells delightful. You are welcome my dear.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th January 2010, 2:43 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I braided my hair in the front and twisted the back. I use a fork to keep it up during the day. I was proud of myself. I had never used it before but gave it a whirl and it worked.

I spritzed my hair with tea until damp. I applied a little bit of Darcy's Botanicals vanilla styling cream to each twist and sealed with castor oil with few drops of lavender and peppermint EO.

I made a spritz with aloe Vera gel, water, Jane Carter's hair cream, peppermint EO, lavender EO and tea tree oil. I use it in the morning and night on my scalp.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Confused I am confused?? please explain the fork.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 2:56 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:I braided my hair in the front and twisted the back. I use a fork to keep it up during the day. I was proud of myself. I had never used it before but gave it a whirl and it worked.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Confused I am confused?? please explain the fork.
Here is a picture of a fork. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Hair_f11

I twist all my hair like I am going to make a French roll and maneuver the fork in between the hair. I think it is important to not allow the tines to separate too much because the tension will cause it to break. I did not think it would hold but it does. I am loving it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 26th January 2010, 4:03 pm

I don't know if I have ever seen that before ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_scratch . Interesting!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila 26th January 2010, 5:00 pm

Hi ChrsLvsBks i wanted to say that i finally read your thread and i love your hair and all the tips you have shared ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 21 Icon_biggrin

I had a question about ACV rinse i was thinking about doing one as i have never done it. Would you tell me the best way to go about...Thanks.

Leila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next