CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by jamaicacurl 26th January 2010, 5:42 pm

I'm so glad you explained the fork thing! (thanks Sweet for asking) Because I sure was sitting here picturing you with a dinner fork in the front of her head. I was wondering..I know she didn't go to work like that! Man, she's so creative! LOL
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 7:11 pm

I thought you had a plastic fork in your hair too. You know sometimes when people wear their hair down, in the middle of the day they decide they want it off their shoulders. I thought you took a fork and pinned it up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th January 2010, 7:25 pm

The fork is new to me too. Where'd you get it?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 9:05 pm

Leila wrote:Hi ChrsLvsBks i wanted to say that i finally read your thread and i love your hair and all the tips you have shared ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_biggrin

I had a question about ACV rinse i was thinking about doing one as i have never done it. Would you tell me the best way to go about...Thanks.
Thanks for the nice comments!

An ACV rinse is typically done after clarifying to balance your hair's . Some use it once a week to remove build up. Others use it less often to close the cuticle. I use it after doing a baking soda and conditioner to clarify. I mix the ACV with water. I use a tablespoon of ACV to one cup of water. I leave it in my hair then deep condition or style my hair. The ACV smell will dissipate after a while.

jamaicacurl wrote:I'm so glad you explained the fork thing! (thanks Sweet for asking) Because I sure was sitting here picturing you with a dinner fork in the front of her head. I was wondering..I know she didn't go to work like that! Man, she's so creative! LOL
Lynnieluve wrote:I thought you had a plastic fork in your hair too. You know sometimes when people wear their hair down, in the middle of the day they decide they want it off their shoulders. I thought you took a fork and pinned it up.
LOL, jc & Ll!

FemmeFox wrote:The fork is new to me too. Where'd you get it?
I think I purchased it from WalMart. Better yet, I think I purchased it from a local beauty supply store.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 9:13 pm

Here are pictures of my hair--taken Saturday. I plan to practice more when it comes to parting and braiding.
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Braids10
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 10:46 pm

Your hair looks so good!!! As usually!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th January 2010, 11:08 pm

I like those braids. You guys are so talented!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 27th January 2010, 10:15 am

Chrs Your hair is cute.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 10:20 am

Braids look great Chrs - I have trouble with parting as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 27th January 2010, 2:40 pm

Your hair looks great, I need to learn to cornrow or flat twist.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 27th January 2010, 3:49 pm

Hey Chrs! Ok so I have a few questions about a baking soda treatment...I ve done my research but wanted to know ur take on it...so...i did one on my hair and tried to keep the concoction as far away from my scalp as possible...but it kind of stung/burned/tingled..the results were marvelous tho!

my questions

1. How do u feel about it?
2.How often should u do it?
3.Can it replace shampoo?

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_cheers u know i had to ask my advisor!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 27th January 2010, 3:58 pm

oooh..i likey the cornrows and twists!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 27th January 2010, 5:36 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Here are pictures of my hair--taken Saturday. I plan to practice more when it comes to parting and braiding.
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Braids10

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th January 2010, 11:25 pm

those braids are stunning!!!

LMaoooo at the fork..you know I was like JC, wth she do with a fork! lift her roots?? ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Confused hahahahahahaa thank you for answering me!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th January 2010, 12:47 am

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Hey Chrs! Ok so I have a few questions about a baking soda treatment...I ve done my research but wanted to know ur take on it...so...i did one on my hair and tried to keep the concoction as far away from my scalp as possible...but it kind of stung/burned/tingled..the results were marvelous tho!

my questions

1. How do u feel about it?
2.How often should u do it?
3.Can it replace shampoo?

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_cheers u know i had to ask my advisor!
1. I enjoy them. I definitely see a difference in my hair after doing a treatment with baking soda. I actually focus on my scalp and not on my hair. I massage it into my scalp a couple of minutes then rinse it allowing it to run down my strands. The second time, I apply it to my scalp and rinse slowly.

2. I try to remember to do it at least once a month. If you use non-water soluble silicones or beeswax, you may want to do it more often.

3. I think it can replace shampoo. I do cleanse with Dr. Bonner's all in one soap or my shikakai bar before henna or when trying new products. All other times, I co-wash.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th January 2010, 1:03 am

@Lynnieluve, thanks lil sis!
@Juices-n-Berries, SheeTacular, adiaha, CocaColaCutie & sweetdrk1, thanks a bunch!
@vmichelle, gracias, mentee!

Today, I spritzed my hair with a concoction of strong tea, conditioner and oil. What had happened was my tea spritz sprayer went kaput, I had another spray bottle with some conditioner and oil. I poured the tea in it and mixed it up. My scalp was itching for a couple of days. I made a mix with castor oil and EOs of peppermint, lavender and tea tree. It has helped a lot. I also used it when I was parting Saturday.

I may try to do an ayurvedic treatment while in the braids and twists. Fleurtzy author of the Texture Playground blog. I will likely rebraid the front while leaving the back alone. I do not think my braids will make it through the ayurvedic treatment and co-wash.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 1:35 am

Chrs, that fork hair tool is interesting. Your braids look wonderful.

You are just chock full of good info, aren't you. LOVE THAT!!!

What is your ratio of baking soda to water?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 12:51 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Chrs, that fork hair tool is interesting. Your braids look wonderful.

You are just chock full of good info, aren't you. LOVE THAT!!!

What is your ratio of baking soda to water?
Thanks for the comments! I do try to share what I know. I actually put about a teaspoon of baking soda in a 1/2 cup of light/thin conditioner (VO5 Moisture Milks).

I am ready to rebraid the front now. I will wear a headband tomorrow to combat the frizzies I have going on. I am hoping to braid it much tighter tomorrow. I decided to do my Saturday thing tomorrow since my husband is off this weekend ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_cheers .

Here are a couple of pictures of the frizzies & my "twists"ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Img_3110ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Img_3111ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Img_3112ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Img_3113

HEALTHY LIVING NOTE: I burned 300+ calories during my 35 minute treadmill session
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 617583 . It felt so good. I typically burn around 250 calories. I am going to use the pedometer that came in my Cheerios to track my steps.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 1:08 am

I am happy you are burning more calories. I forgot to post it in my BnB today but I did 3 miles in 35 minutes on the elliptical...I cant remember how many calories I burned....I know it was at least 300. Keep up the good work!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 29th January 2010, 3:47 pm

Chrs your hair is gorge! Congrats on the calorie burn. You and LynnieLuve are making me want to hop the treadmill. Maybe I can squeeze that in this weekend.

Have fun with the hubby this weekend! ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_razz
~Sav
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 10:44 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve & FemmeFox.

@FemmeFox, get it in however you can. Let's get and stay fit this year!

Today I mixed ayurvedic powders of shikakai 2T, brahmi (50g) and amla (50g). I added anoop oil, sesame oil and EVOO. It was nice and smooth
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_surprised until I added Burt's Bees grapefruit conditioner. First, it started to smell then the consistency went from smooth to thick and grainy ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_cry . I added some water until the consistency was smooth again. I applied it to my hair (back in twists, front unbraided). I left it on for over an hour then rinsed and rinsed some more. I then co-washed with Suave's apple conditioner and rinsed a lot more.

I applied DB's deep conditioning mask, EVCO and honey to my hair. I put on a plastic bag then a towel. I plan to rinse it out after I eat, in approximately 30 minutes. I will rebraid the front using Afroveda's Totally Twisted Almond butter. I hope to find a style online where I can get a good picture of how they parted the front, side and back.

Enjoy your weekend ladies. I plan to go to the Washington Auto Show tomorrow. Raheem Devaughn is scheduled to be there in the afternoon. I love his music. It is going to be cold here but I am going to go regardless. Walking the show will allow me to burn more calories.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 11:50 pm

Have fun this weekend!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th January 2010, 12:53 pm

I hope you enjoy your weekend Chrs Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th January 2010, 1:39 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve and AfrikanLatina. It is snowing here but we still plan to go to the show.

I plan to wear my hair like this for a week. The back is pinned up with a duckbill clip. I will use a hair fork or other accessory when I leave the house.ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Braids10

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 30th January 2010, 2:11 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Thanks Lynnieluve & FemmeFox.

@FemmeFox, get it in however you can. Let's get and stay fit this year!

Today I mixed ayurvedic powders of shikakai 2T, brahmi (50g) and amla (50g). I added anoop oil, sesame oil and EVOO. It was nice and smooth
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_surprised until I added Burt's Bees grapefruit conditioner. First, it started to smell then the consistency went from smooth to thick and grainy ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 22 Icon_cry . I added some water until the consistency was smooth again. I applied it to my hair (back in twists, front unbraided). I left it on for over an hour then rinsed and rinsed some more. I then co-washed with Suave's apple conditioner and rinsed a lot more.

I applied DB's deep conditioning mask, EVCO and honey to my hair. I put on a plastic bag then a towel. I plan to rinse it out after I eat, in approximately 30 minutes. I will rebraid the front using Afroveda's Totally Twisted Almond butter. I hope to find a style online where I can get a good picture of how they parted the front, side and back.

Enjoy your weekend ladies. I plan to go to the Washington Auto Show tomorrow. Raheem Devaughn is scheduled to be there in the afternoon. I love his music. It is going to be cold here but I am going to go regardless. Walking the show will allow me to burn more calories.

Is that your first time using the Totally Twisted? I still have my butter sampler and haven't had a chance to use most of them. When I do my own twists I plan on trying either the Totally Twisted or the Pur Whipped Jelly. Do you like it?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next