CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by DvaAuNaturel 16th April 2010, 11:29 pm

Great pics. Congrats on the weight loss. So inspring. Your hair looks gorgeous. So all those steps in your regi paid off.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th April 2010, 1:46 am

Congrats on weight loss cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 1:49 am

@bholmes87, the last weight I recall was 155, and this was in 1996. I hope to be a slim and trim size six.

@tiashauntee, when my hair acts up I have to do something. It is a pet peeve ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Icon_mad . Thanks for the kind words!

Hey back at you RoseBud, glad you liked the flower. The ladies here are such inspirations.

@NubieNatty, yes, I see the difference in my face when I look at pictures, as you would write EEEEEK, LOL. I sent you a PM about spin class. I hope you can come out.

@DvaAuNaturel, thanks! I am trying to make healthy living a part of my life.

@IB, I am trying to look as good as you after two children ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Icon_wink !

Check out my challenge pictures here.

I added sesame oil and EVOO to my wet hair. Then shampooed with shikakai soap. I followed up with Giovanni's protein treatment. After about 10 minutes, I rinsed that out and applied Joico's reconstructor conditioner and blackstrap molasses, instead of honey. Once another 10 minutes passed, I rinsed that all out in cold water. The molasses will rinse out dark brown so do not be alarmed if you use it. I then applied a generous amount of my glycerin and aloe vera gel (more aloe vera than glycerin). Next, I applied Afroveda's totally twisted ginger butter and KBB's hair cream. I allowed my hair to air dry for about five hours.

I was determined to make very small twists. I sectioned my hair in about one inch squares and applied a teeny weeny amount of MyJoie gel. I made six twists from each square. Very small twists resulted ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Icon_bounce, yippee. As my hair became more dry, I applied a bit of the products mentioned above (glycerin/aloe mix, ATTGB & KBBHC).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th April 2010, 2:33 am

Can't wait to see the mini twists!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th April 2010, 3:13 am

Nice twists! You inspire me!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th April 2010, 3:22 am

Ohhh. I see you already posted the twist pics in the challenge thread. They look awesome! And exhausting. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 5:37 pm

TerraD wrote:Nice twists! You inspire me!
Thanks! Come on get to twisting TerraD, it is not too late. This way you will have time to workout and cook those delicious dishes ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Icon_wink .

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Ohhh. I see you already posted the twist pics in the challenge thread. They look awesome! And exhausting. Lol.
Thanks J-n-B. Your hair is doing very well, keep it up lady! It wasn't too bad. I was watching VideoSoul. They played a lot of New Edition and other artists I liked so the time went by quickly.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th April 2010, 5:46 pm

Chrs

I just left the twist challenge thread, and I want you to know that your twists are beautiful!!!

You did a great job, and the time spent was well worth it!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th April 2010, 9:37 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Thanks! Come on get to twisting TerraD, it is not too late. This way you will have time to workout and cook those delicious dishes ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Icon_wink .

LOL. I'm scared ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Kopfschuettel ! My twists always take tons of work! I am going to try mini twists next month though, I'm nearly finished with bun month!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 19th April 2010, 8:13 am

Chrs, I meant to ask ... how will you be dealing with keeping your scalp/twists fresh with your workouts? I was *this* close to joining the challenge, but with the sweating that occurs in Bikram yoga 4x a week, I dunno ...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th April 2010, 9:31 am

Good Morning Chrs ...

Question, will you sleep with your hair in the up-do style or take it down each night?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th April 2010, 12:48 pm

Good Morning Chrs! Good luck on your challenge, just saw the pics and your hair looks amazing!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th April 2010, 1:01 pm

Morning Chrs...

Just stopping by!!!

Hope you are having a good day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th April 2010, 1:07 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:Chrs, I meant to ask ... how will you be dealing with keeping your scalp/twists fresh with your workouts? I was *this* close to joining the challenge, but with the sweating that occurs in Bikram yoga 4x a week, I dunno ...
I will spray my hair each morning and night with fenugreek tea. I plan to add EOs of tea tree, lavender and peppermint to it. I will also wear my wave cap under my scarf when exercising. I take spinning classes twice a week, Zumba once a week as well as do cardio and strength training. In other words, I am in the gym every week day for more than 6 and a half hours.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning Chrs ...

Question, will you sleep with your hair in the up-do style or take it down each night?
I will take it down at night. I purchased wave caps to help the front remain as frizz free as possible.

FemmeFox wrote:Good Morning Chrs! Good luck on your challenge, just saw the pics and your hair looks amazing!
Thanks!

Here are pictures from today. I plan to keep the mega bun all week. I will likely change its position every two days.ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Monday10ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Monday11ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 40 Monday12
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th April 2010, 1:16 pm

Love the twists and the bun! I think if I had your hair I'd always wear it twisted because you do so many cute things with your twists Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th April 2010, 1:56 pm

I love the twists!! And you are looking good!! I am thinking about hoping back on that weightloss wagon.

-------

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3701
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40