CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st January 2010, 6:15 pm

Happy New Year!

Man, what was in that stuff they used in your hair?!? Glad you enjoyed bringing in the new year.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 2:13 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Happy New Year!

Man, what was in that stuff they used in your hair?!? Glad you enjoyed bringing in the new year.

Ditto that!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 4 Icon_scratch
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day46

Post by ColdDiva 4th January 2010, 11:38 am

Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone enjoyed the last of the holidays!

Last night I used my absolute favorite its a product I have used on and off for more than 4 years. Its OJON!! I use the restorative treatment it is a bit on the pricey side but I always see a big difference in my hair if I put it in the night before I wash my hair. I was so impressed with the longevity of my hair that I think I am going to revisit the salon (even though I promised myself I would limit heat use to once a month).

So if you never used it go to Sephora for a sample but it is worth the dollars for me so I go to QVC cause its always cheaper or bundled. All I did was put it in all over and then seperated it into 3 sections and saturated it some more. You don't need a whole bunch to get results! So what I'll do is post pics after I do my hair or I go to the salon.
*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Dsc03111
*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Dsc03112
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day47

Post by ColdDiva 5th January 2010, 1:02 pm

Ok so I just can't get enough of my Ojon...I put even more on today...lol...I decided that I am going to wait and get my hair done on Thursday. So I was looking thru the website and I am itching to try or add to my standard restorative treatment. Another staple that is less expensive is the Restorative treatment Spray! In the bottle the mixture is separated so you have to shake well before spraying. But oh my goodness I luuuuvvvves it!!! Ok for me what it does it hydrates without weighing down and it detangles!!!...And my hair becomes oooh so soft....did I say luvvvesss it!...Ok so I am getting a little too excited about my favorite products but if you have Sephora store near by it is definitely worth the try of a sample or two...You may like the smell or not...to me it just smells like coffee beans...I actually like the smell of coffee even though I don't drink the stuff. Thats it for today ladies! Now I am headin over to your place to learn how to be a better Curly Diva!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 6:43 pm

I will put Ojon on my to try list. I have been eyeing it for a while but couldn't get with the cost plus I never hear anyone talking about it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 5th January 2010, 7:08 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I will put Ojon on my to try list. I have been eyeing it for a while but couldn't get with the cost plus I never hear anyone talking about it.

Hey Chrs its definitely worth at least a sample...so head to your nearest Sephora store...or get the extra small size if you don't have a sephora near by. But your right the price really aint right lol!!!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 10:12 pm

I have to write this in case someone from the Stash challenge visits. I will not purchase this before August 9, 2010.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day48

Post by ColdDiva 6th January 2010, 6:57 pm

Ok so I need to vent!...Why and I know quite a few of ya'll have done this!...Keep you mouth closed when someone is doing something to you're hair emphasis on (YOUR) that you don't like or agree with!

I went back to the same salon that I was so pleased with last week that did my hair for the holidays the Dominican hair salon...so the was gurl is washin and conditionin my hair the same one that did it before...and she is like oooh mami you gotta lotta hair!...Yea I know thats why I'm payin you guys to do it!!!

So after I am rinsed from conditioner I sit my butt into the seat of my stylist chair and she is like no mami sit here...WHat?!...You were havin trouble with the washin part and now your gonna roller set it? So she begins...and I already know that this is going to be a catostrophe! She is rollin it forward instead of backwards...she is not pullin that roller tight and she is not putting enuff setting lotion in it!....So I want to I am choking to say something...And believe me I am not the timid type at all!!!

Evil or Very Mad

So after sittin under the dryer my stylist/owner begins blow dryin my hair....and she has to do double the round brush drying because it was not set properly! Which means possible heat damage and wear! And I can tell by lookin at it...it aint gonna hold up like the last time...I am pisssssssed!!! ANd you know what I can't be pisssssed at nobody but myself...I should have spoke up and said I don't like the way you are doing my hair and I don't think what you are doing is going to be the correct way for MY HAIR!!!

*breathe*

So tonight I am gonna wrap it tight and hopefully wake up to a Christmas Miracle!

santa rendeer
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th January 2010, 8:51 pm

Yes, I have been there. I rarely go to the salon. The last time I was not happy with the products used but said nothing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th January 2010, 8:57 pm

I hate when they say that..."oooh mami lotta hair".... *ColdDiva* - Page 4 Icon_mad . You already know what you are in for when they start with that statement....lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 7th January 2010, 9:59 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, I have been there. I rarely go to the salon. The last time I was not happy with the products used but said nothing.

You know I need to be more like you Chrs..One of the reasons I decided to go Natural is to limit the Salon addiction...now...what i will do is go back to experimenting with my hair...but I was lovin the pampering oh so much!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 7th January 2010, 10:00 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I hate when they say that..."oooh mami lotta hair".... *ColdDiva* - Page 4 Icon_mad . You already know what you are in for when they start with that statement....lol

Hey Beauty!...I really shoulda known!...I know better next time...I am trying to get my heat passes out of my system cause come summer time I will have to wear my hair curly no matter what!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th January 2010, 10:05 pm

Just be careful girl. HEAT DAMAGE!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 4 Icon_mad
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day50

Post by ColdDiva 8th January 2010, 4:37 pm

Ok its Fabulous Friday! And attention to all my Naturals in the Charlotte Area!..There is a Meetup in the Charlotte are at the Home Economist off South Blvd...And the moderator is going to be sharing a lot of information on ingredients to avoid and also sharing some info that would benefit us naturals!...Bring your current products you currently have questions about! It starts at 6pm Tonight Reply back if you want additional information. I will take notes and share on Monday Have a Great Weekend!

cheers
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 12:02 am

Oooh, I will be cahcking back Monday. The meet up sounds interesting. I am ready to *ColdDiva* - Page 4 Icon_study something new.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day51

Post by ColdDiva 11th January 2010, 11:46 am

Greetings To all this Monday Morning!!!

I attended the Natural Hair Meet Up on Friday and it was packed full of information! The moderator was a big advocate of using products that were natural only or as she described as 'clean'. She not only told us the ingredients to look out for but helped us understand what continued use of these ingredients long term effects are. So I am going to share all that with you guys now I hope that it is helpful as it was for me!

Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl Paraben: Microbial growth inhibitor used to extend shelf life. Can cause allergic reactions and skin rashes. Studies show they are estrogenic and can be absorbed in the body through the skin.
Diethanolimine (DEA) and Triethanolamine (TEA): Used as an emulsifier and foaming agent. Cause allergic reactions, eye irritation and dryness of hair/skin. Can cause cancer-forming nitrosamines when come in contact with nitrates. Toxic if absorbed over long period of time.
Diazolidinyl Urea and Imidazoldinyl Urea: Preservatives. Primary cause of contact dermatitis (drying and flaking of the skin). Also listed as Germall II and Germall 115. Release formaldehyde, which can be toxic.
Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfate: Harsh detergent used in almost all personal care due to cheap cost, cleansing and foaming properties. Often made from petroleum. Causes eye irritation, scalp scurf (like dandruff), skin rashes and other allergic reactions.
Petroleum: Also known as petroleum jelly. A by product of the oil refining process. Coats the skin and doesn’t allow for the skin to breathe or moisture to enter. Gives a false sense of the skin being moisturized. No nutrient value. Used because cheap.
Propylene glycol: Can be from vegetable glycerin and grain alcohol, but is often a synthetic petrochemical mix due to cheaper cost. Acts as a humectant to draw moisture from the air to the skin. Causes allergic reactions, hives and eczema. PEG (polyethylene glycol) and PPG (polypropylene glycol) are related synthetics.
Stearalkonium Chloride: Developed by the fabric industry as a fabric softener that is now used in hair conditioners and creams to soften hair. Used because cheaper than proteins and herbals. Causes allergic reactions.
Synthetic colors: Used to make things more visually appealing. Labeled as FD&C (food, drug and cosmetic approved) and D&C (drug and cosmetic approved) followed by a number. Most are carcinogenic (cancer-causing).
PVP/VA Copolmer: By product of the manufacture of plastics. Petroleum derived. Found in hairsprays, styling aids and cosmetics. Used to make the hair appear shiny, moisturized and healthy, but actually coats the hair so that it cannot breathe. Considered toxic. Inhaled particles can damage the lungs of sensitive people (those with asthma, bronchitis, lupus, sarcoidosis, immune deficiency, etc).
Synthetic Fragrances: Fragrance, parfum and perfumes can have as many as 200 chemicals make one scent. Cause dizziness, rash, hyerpigmentation, violent coughing, skin irritation and the list goes on.

There was a lot more information shared but I'm sure this is more than enuff to chew on on a Monday Morning!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 12:43 pm

Thanks for sharing the info!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 11th January 2010, 12:52 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks for sharing the info!
Your Welcome!!...Will you believe I am sitting here watchin Dr. Oz and there was a lady askin why she gets this peeling white burning overlay in her mouth after she uses toothpaste....Dr. Oz said its the Sodium Laurel Sulfate that is causing an allergic reaction and that most people are allergic but ignore the symptoms! That was right on time!...I am going to be switching my toothpaste soon since I too get that weird residue after brushing sometimes and that maybe why my lips have darkened a bit. (I am a non coffee/tea/smoker). He said that the active ingredient of Sodium Sulfate is not really necessary and that it gives the foaming action in toothpaste...Crazy!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 12:56 pm

I didnt know Sodium Laurel Sulfate was in toothpaste. You learn something new everyday.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 2:49 pm

Thanks for the Monday post.

Someone asked on the Products General board if anyone was familiar with Ojon, here is the link. I directed them to the wrong BnB challenge. I have to correct my entry. Can you check it out and see if you can help them? TIA

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 12th January 2010, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected where the post was placed)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 12th January 2010, 3:03 pm

I love Ojon!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day52

Post by ColdDiva 12th January 2010, 7:48 pm

So I was in the leasing office and I was discussing random gurly things with the manager and I told her I loved her hair and she was like I love yours too...our cut was even similar. So I had to give the little and my hair is natural (had to show my pride)...and she was like mine too!...She didn't even use relaxers in her hair...I all this time I thought she just had great hair!

Now it really made me wonder...how many other natural girls are out there we don't know about because they were their hair straight. Hmmmm?

But as far as the hair just been wrappin it...been a bit lazy haven't pin curled in awhile....but I will tonight I don't want the hair to get weighed down by the natural oils from my scalp.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 12th January 2010, 8:31 pm

I am just now seeing your dominican rollerset blowout, but it looked fabulous. I have a friend that went to that same natural hair meetup.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 12th January 2010, 9:01 pm

Serenity23 wrote:I am just now seeing your dominican rollerset blowout, but it looked fabulous. I have a friend that went to that same natural hair meetup.

Oh wow! Does she have a profile here on curly nikki? Would have liked to have met her...Wish you could have come I would have like to have met you!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 4 Empty Day53

Post by ColdDiva 13th January 2010, 9:51 pm

I am in my hometown and looking forward seeing some friends I haven't seen in years. My hair is still lookin fab. But one thing I am really studying is changing my diet entirely for a minimum of 30 days to veganism!...I want to see what great impacts it has on my health skin and hair! So of course I will have to change my hair products while I am doing this cleanse if I am going to remain true. Right now I am concentrating on learning recipes of Green Smoothies! Sounds a bit yucky but let me tell you they can be delish! Start with leafy greens like spinach, kale, collards, mustard greens, cabbage and then add some fruit get your power blender and Voila! Instant health in a shake! I will let you guys know when Day 1 begins!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next