CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by ColdDiva 18th September 2010, 6:39 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:ColdDiva...

What an awesome reflection!! First....Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your 1 year natural anniversary!!

What an awesome discovery and journey you've been on this year!! I kinda know how you feel, and I like the term...sorority of natural hair sisters. You just feel a connection, or rather I do when I see another natural sister.

I hope today a wonderful blessed day for you.

KNH

Thank you so much!

And yes we are a sisterhood! This is a purposeful journey that sometimes is truly not easy. So naturals are always an inspiration for me! Thank you for being one yourself!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th September 2010, 7:11 pm

ColdDiva wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:GREAT REFLECTIONS!!!!

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_flower HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_flower

Now, where is my belt? LOL!!! Where have you been?!! LOL!!

Welcome back.....again!! *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_lol

Hey Gurl!! Missed you guys! And thanks for the B-Day wish....Ooop what belt did I forget to send you somethin....Please remind my newly year older brain! scratch

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Lol Maybe I should have said go get me a switch off that tree? *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Lol You are in trouble for staying away so long. *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 18th September 2010, 8:10 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
ColdDiva wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:GREAT REFLECTIONS!!!!

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_flower HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_flower

Now, where is my belt? LOL!!! Where have you been?!! LOL!!

Welcome back.....again!! *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_lol

Hey Gurl!! Missed you guys! And thanks for the B-Day wish....Ooop what belt did I forget to send you somethin....Please remind my newly year older brain! scratch

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Lol Maybe I should have said go get me a switch off that tree? *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Lol You are in trouble for staying away so long. *ColdDiva* - Page 13 Icon_lol

LOl!!!! Ooooooh!!!!! I know I was waaaay wrong for stayin away so long...Lol..someone stole my MacBook at work...took a minute to re-save for a replacement. Once you go Mac you can't go Back!

But I have found my way back to you guys!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 23rd September 2010, 2:02 pm

Jesus! Its gotta be a better way to get these curls!

Ok so you guys may or may not know I am determined to have fly wash and go hair. Determined! So I stumbled across the curly girl method of placing a leave in conditioner to very small sections of hair and lots of it and let it air dry. Ok this works but it takes forever! Though my hair is not long it is thick and takes literally all day to dry. Last week I gave up and got the diffuser cuz I do not like going to bed with a wet head...bona fide askin for it with a cold. So I was detangling my hair this morning (which is about an hour itself), BTW, does anyone know how much of a shed ball of hair is too much? So I am sitting here with this soaking wet hair praying that my curls pop...meanwhile this takes about a 1/3 of Cantu Shea Butter to create this look. I am not kidding, I get about 3 uses out of the jar, I may be using too much but the end result works so I don't want to tweak quite yet. Another product I have a go was the Shikkaki hair soap which I got from an indian store. It seems to do the job, cleanses not strips but not very moisturizing. Another product that I've tried is the Say Yes to Carrots Conditioner not bad not bad at all. I still like my good ol Hello Hydration for slippage. Someone said there is one by Garnier Fructise thats pretty good, but I have no idea which one that is either.

Another thing on my mind today, should my hair be a lot longer than it is now. I was looking at Solange hair and I remember when she was on Oprah, and she had a TWA, so that was about a year ago. Now OMG that girl's hair is like waaay long! I"m like what did she do. My hair is not long as hers and I did a mid chop not a big chop and I stopped relaxing in Sept '08. I don't know maybe its because I miss my old hair length but I thought one of the bonuses of natural hair is the quick hair growth. I've looked at some old pics of my hair, not a huge significant difference.

Ok enuff with whining gotta grab some lunch. And let this hair go out in the heat so it can air dry. Might go to ATL this weekend. Its gotta be some curlies there who can inspire me!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 23rd September 2010, 2:12 pm

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc02310

Hair Sept 09 before mid chop, had stopped relaxing for a year.

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc01810

Relaxin in 07

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc04010

Hair after 2 strand flat twist July '10
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd September 2010, 2:51 pm

Solange has been rockin a wig
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 23rd September 2010, 3:38 pm

Are you Serious!!!! I shoulda known! Gurl I was like what type of miracle grow is she using!...lol...Ok...Obessison is subsiding....so what are you lovin in your hair these days Ms Lynnie?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd September 2010, 8:16 pm

I'm currently loving Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier for moisturizing my twist during the week. I like using a light moisturizer, especially if I am gonna have to apply it a couple of times a week.

Loving the new avatar!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 25th October 2010, 2:08 pm

What a difference a year makes!

I was lookin at a pic that was taken almost a year to the day of getting my hair done and like OMG...Hair growth is off the chain!

I haven't worn my hair straight I am proud to say in close to 7 months...I have been doin countless wash and gos and two strand twist you name it...Tryin to find out the perfect combo that is going to give me that sexy curls that I want...I am happy to report I am getting close but last week after getting my hair blow dried straight and curled...Hot Dayumn! I am back where I was when I first did my big/mid chop and well on my way back to mid back length...I think I lot of that can be contribute to the constant washing and conditionining I can really say that my hair was in protective styles all the time and that it was treated well all the time cuz if you were friends with me you would know I dont like combing my hair and thats when it was relaxed...I dont like it at all and I might have had better results if my hair wasn't treated ill a lotta days...but anyway I digress...time to reboot myself and get newly familar...Ya'll wanna see pics...???
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st November 2010, 1:39 am

Hey lady!! Now you know we want to see pics lol. Yay for growth.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 1st November 2010, 3:09 am

Got My Hair done on October 22nd, still lookin good! The last pic in B&W was taken Nov1st...tryin to get some mileage outta this straight hair!...Ok BIG PROB! These dang knotties!!! Single strand knots everywhere! I have spent hours and hourst meticulously cutting them out to save the new length I've grown! they are like hundreds! But I don't have split ends only these single strand knots! I think I'm gonna give the curly hair wash and go look a break for awhile until I can get most of them outta here. I love some feed back!

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc04310

(First day Got hair Done Blow Dry and Flat Iron @ Dominican Salon, Heat was minimal!)

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc04411

(Wrapped Hair and everything was smooth out the way I like but who knew a battle of knotties was to begin!)
*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc04412

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc04414

(After a 1 week, Pin curl works best for me, keeps the hair lookin full and disguising the fact my roots are a bit sweated out)

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Dsc02110

(Hair in October 2009, after I chopped about 90 % of the relaxer)
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st November 2010, 1:53 pm

Hair looks great! It's good to see you on the block!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 1st November 2010, 2:17 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hair looks great! It's good to see you on the block!!

Thanks Shee!

I know I've been MIA for a minute! I need to be consistent again, still could learn some tips from you guys!

Speaking of which!, Any tips for those rotten fairy knots!?
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st November 2010, 3:14 pm

I have them too. I just stopped experimenting with wash n gos and went to twists/outs and braid/outs. I'm not sure what the remedy would be.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* - Page 13 Empty Charlotte Natural Hair Expo 11/13

Post by ColdDiva 12th November 2010, 7:20 pm

Hello Ladies especially the QT's in the QC of NC...lol...aka Charlotte North Carolina...If you haven't already heard there is going to be a Natural Hair Expo in the uptown area tomorrow Saturday November 13th from 2-6pm. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the Door, and there will be door prizes for the first 25 attendees! Oh and if you bring 2 unopened food can goods you will receive a discount off the buy at the door price! You may get tickets online at:

http://events.charlotteobserver.com/charlotte-nc/events/show/149167605-queen-city-natural-hair-affair

I will be one of the hair models for LockStar Salon; So come out and enjoy the event and get a chance to meet greet and get inspired by other beautiful natural women such as yourselves! Hope to see ya there!

Carole Hoefner Center
610 E. 7th St.
Charlotte, NC
2-6pm

ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th November 2010, 9:08 pm

hair looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 12th November 2010, 10:41 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:hair looks great!

Thanks but Oh My God So Does YOURS!!!

Wow! I LoVeS!!!...Lol I never did master gettin this fro in a ponytail!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13